Am I effed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrei[beast]

Sergeant at Arms
It's been my dream ever since warband to have my own kingdom but i'm too stupid to do it in the vanilla game(it happenned on some mods though). I FINNALLY made my own kingdom in bannerlord after hours and hours of fighting for the battanians to gain renown and fiefs(ended up with 2 castles and goddamn Ortysia with 5600 properity). After i took Orysia with an army and used like 20 influence to take it XD, i left the kingdom and made peace with them. Went ahead to finnish istiana's quest so i can officially have m kingdom baptised as Empire of Calradia. When i was done with that i went ahead and made some parties and sent them to train with bandits and things like that while i take care of the fiefs(really need engineer companions and looks like they vanished)
Anyway, while i was trying last night to convince an aserai vassal to join me and beef my fief barriers suddenly the aserai and battanians just announced war to us.... And i just basically pissed myself.
I thought that wars would start only if i propose them, but now that means i can randomly get wars?
Cuz if so, i'm gonna need to beef up my garrisons and defend my kingdom, because i'm not gonna let this go so easily after 6 damn years of trying

Well, you jumped the shark a bit by pressing the "create kingdom" button (or doing the quest)before beefing up garrisons and building LOTS of high relations and IIMO) taking more fiefs by attacking, take fief, make peace, which you can do easily as an independent clan. Once you're an official kingdom AI factions can and will declare war on you.

What you have to do is go full on no mercy no honor, do 50% horse archers 50% archers and massacre their armies by positioning to mow down their approaching formations, then retreat before they can kill anyone and do it again! NO HONOR NO MERCY you want kingdom you gotta play dirty!

Be defensive and release all lords for + relations, make peace once they will pay you (or you pay very little), use the in person option rather then the proposal.
Only take new fiefs when they're the closest to you existing onces.
Eventually you'll be able to hire mercs and recruit lords you bould up relations with, but you're kinda against the ropes for now and are gonna need to do some serious fighting.

Edit: I really wish they would add an option to "un-do" created kingdom or re-join another faction like in warband, since the game's main quest really steers player to make a kingdom way to early and this is a very common situation people get stuck in.

Last edited:
Well, you jumped the shark a bit by pressing the "create kingdom" button (or doing the quest)before beefing up garrisons and building LOTS of high relations and IIMO) taking more fiefs by attacking, take fief, make peace, which you can do easily as an independent clan. Once you're an official kingdom AI factions can and will declare war on you.

What you have to do is go full on no mercy no honor, do 50% horse archers 50% archers and massacre their armies by positioning to mow down their approaching formations, then retreat before they can kill anyone and do it again! NO HONOR NO MERCY you want kingdom you gotta play dirty!

Be defensive and release all lords for + relations, make peace once they will pay you (or you pay very little), use the in person option rather then the proposal.
Eventually you'll be able to hire mercs and recruit lords you bould up relations with, but you're kinda against the ropes for now and are gonna need to do some serious fighting.

Allrighty, got it but how tf will i get horse archers as i'm south of battania and Westers empire. Thing is i'm not gonna have that many chances to get training for my men. Atleast if i manage to use the influence and gather all my parties to join me we'll mow em down cuz after u win a battle of 800vs2000 imperialists only with your brothers party and 4 other battanians you feel really not mercifull
And about the 50% 50% thing, i got like 50 imperial legionaries in one castle wich would need to cover the archers while they mow the enemy
And Jesus Christ this is the most helpfull and explaining advice i ever got, Thank you!

Last edited:
Allrighty, got it but how tf will i get horse archers as i'm south of battania and Westers empire. Thing is i'm not gonna have that many chances to get training for my men. Atleast if i manage to use the influence and gahter all my partys to join me we'll mow em down cuz after u win a battle of 800vs2000 imperialists only with your brothers party and 4 other battanians you feel really not mercifull
And Jesus Christ this is the most helpfull and explaining advice i ever got, Thank you!
Well empire recruits can become archers and then at their final tier become a t5 HA or t5 archer. Battanian high born youth (noble troops) though rare are the best archer line in the game. Forest bandits if you recruit them form prisoners are good units too and if you put forest bandit that's ready to level up into your garrison it will upgrade into a fian (battanian noble archer.) And it's not that you can't use other troops, it's just convenient to use HA and archers to do ranged damage and retreat when against a much larger force.

Your worst case scenario, if you can't beat them and you lose all your fiefs, you just start over make a super revenge party and pick the best spot on world map to re-start you kingdom and try again.

Well empire recruits can become archers and then at their final tier become a t5 HA or t5 archer. Battanian high born youth (noble troops) though rare are the best archer line in the game. Forest bandits if you recruit them form prisoners are good units too and if you put forest bandit that's ready to level up into your garrison it will upgrade into a fian (battanian noble archer.) And it's not that you can't use other troops, it's just convenient to use HA and archers to do ranged damage and retreat when against a much larger force.

Your worst case scenario, if you can't beat them and you lose all your fiefs, you just start over make a super revenge party and pick the best spot on world map to re-start you kingdom and try again.
My 1m is gonna buy me a giant goddamn army of high leve mercs till i destroy these guys
And my garrisons are more than 150 men plus a **** ton of militia to beef up the ranks(browsed the web for best laws to impose for a small kingdom)
Bassically the battanians can come from one direction only, and regarding the aserais i have the castle right on the land bridge they use to come to battanian land, wich if i defend with my parties i should just paint the land red and yellow with blood and sandy sandals

Yeah, this part is tricky in the game. The most important thing at this point is to get enough clans "on-boarded" into your Kingdom. It's not easy though. You will have many conversations with clan leaders and if you somehow convince them to join they ask lot of money, so be ready to pay even 5-6 mil when you finally convince some cool clan (with lot of parties). (PS - don't forget to give them some castles to keep the clans in..)
Best is to build up the relation with the potential clan candidates the way as it was suggested by others. Defeat their armies and release the lords. I know it's against common logic but at some point these enemies will join your Kingdom. In peace time I used to level up the relations with quests or pay them some money. Usually 1-5K can bring 2-x relation plus. Pay to the lord, pay to the lady, their children etc.. When the relation is high they will be more likely to join your Kingdom.

Obviously it's not an easy job to do so be prepared to fight huge amount of big battles. Few lessons I learned from my own Kingdom build:

1. The first battles are the most difficult battles with other factions. They have many high tier units. I used defensive tactics, terrain advantage - this makes huge difference. You must defeat several huge armies with high tier units. At this stage I used to keep as many lords as prisoners to avoid the enemy faction to build new huge armies to quickly. If you keep around 5-6 high tier clan leaders as prisoners the enemy faction is not able to build big enough armies (due to influence). After some time the lords will come back with weak armies mainly containing T1 recruits. With good selection of your own troops you can beat them easily. I used 50% T5 archers for this. In this phase you can defeat their armies with minimal loss. This is the point where you can start to release some lords after battles to build relationships.
It's not easy to get over the initial phase of the war. However the good thing is that the AI is stupid enough so it's possible to find a working strategy.

2. Many times it happens that your fief is attacked when you are far away. At the beginning my first reaction was to go and defend the fief. Later I discovered it's better to play offensive strategy. Let them take the castle (they will not be able to keep it anyway) and find some nice big Town to siege. Of course with some low amount of defenders. Sometimes the enemy siege will be interrupted and they will run to protect the town. If not - you take it (you will most likely loose it again anyway - but later it will be not protected that much so you can take it again). This strategy works usually at later stage of the war (when the lords are weak, many of them lost influence so they cannot build big armies, many of them are your prisoners and with perma-death some also dies). Usually they will build an army with some slightly higher number and hurry to protect their town, but that is exactly what you want. You chose the location of the battle - they run to you (not opposite). The new army is usually composed 80% of T1 recruits and with good tactics you smash them with minimal loss and continue to besiege.

3. I forgot to mention point 3 - have one Town with huge defense which they would probably never be able to take over (600-800 troops).

It's challenging but as soon as you have enough clans on-boarded you will have enough parties to build big enough armies. At some point the clans will build armies on their own and win some battles/sieges.

Last edited:
Yeah, this part is tricky in the game. The most important thing at this point is to get enough clans "on-boarded" into your Kingdom. It's not easy though. You will have many conversations with clan leaders and if you somehow convince them to join they ask lot of money, so be ready to pay even 5-6 mil when you finally convince some cool clan (with lot of parties). (PS - don't forget to give them some castles to keep the clans in..)
Best is to build up the relation with the potential clan candidates the way as it was suggested by others. Defeat their armies and release the lords. I know it's against common logic but at some point these enemies will join your Kingdom. In peace time I used to level up the relations with quests or pay them some money. Usually 1-5K can bring 2-x relation plus. Pay to the lord, pay to the lady, their children etc.. When the relation is high they will be more likely to join your Kingdom.

Obviously it's not an easy job to do so be prepared to fight huge amount of big battles. Few lessons I learned from my own Kingdom build:

1. The first battles are the most difficult battles with other factions. They have many high tier units. I used defensive tactics, terrain advantage - this makes huge difference. You must defeat several huge armies with high tier units. At this stage I used to keep as many lords as prisoners to avoid the enemy faction to build new huge armies to quickly. If you keep around 5-6 high tier clan leaders as prisoners the enemy faction is not able to build big enough armies (due to influence). After some time the lords will come back with weak armies mainly containing T1 recruits. With good selection of your own troops you can beat them easily. I used 50% T5 archers for this. In this phase you can defeat their armies with minimal loss. This is the point where you can start to release some lords after battles to build relationships.
It's not easy to get over the initial phase of the war. However the good thing is that the AI is stupid enough so it's possible to find a working strategy.

2. Many times it happens that your fief is attacked when you are far away. At the beginning my first reaction was to go and defend the fief. Later I discovered it's better to play offensive strategy. Let them take the castle (they will not be able to keep it anyway) and find some nice big Town to siege. Of course with some low amount of defenders. Sometimes the enemy siege will be interrupted and they will run to protect the town. If not - you take it (you will most likely loose it again anyway - but later it will be not protected that much so you can take it again). This strategy works usually at later stage of the war (when the lords are weak, many of them lost influence so they cannot build big armies, many of them are your prisoners and with perma-death some also dies). Usually they will build an army with some slightly higher number and hurry to protect their town, but that is exactly what you want. You chose the location of the battle - they run to you (not opposite). The new army is usually composed 80% of T1 recruits and with good tactics you smash them with minimal loss and continue to besiege.

3. I forgot to mention point 3 - have one Town with huge defense which they would probably never be able to take over (600-800 troops).

It's challenging but as soon as you have enough clans on-boarded you will have enough parties to build big enough armies. At some point the clans will build armies on their own and win some battles/sieges.
Thanks a lot for everything but i have giant problem
I started this save a week ago and i barely made 1mil... How tf will i get more
I m starting to think i made the worst decision by declaring my kingdom
Maybe if i m lucky i ll find my save before making the kingdom but i doubt it as i ussually delete those

Thanks a lot for everything but i have giant problem
I started this save a week ago and i barely made 1mil... How tf will i get more
I m starting to think i made the worst decision by declaring my kingdom
Maybe if i m lucky i ll find my save before making the kingdom but i doubt it as i ussually delete those
Not all clans request so much money. Only some. I forgot to mention that you can also get mercenaries. Minor clans... They can help a lot with their parties.
But I will not lie, save and load was essential. So keep good save files...

Not all clans request so much money. Only some. I forgot to mention that you can also get mercenaries. Minor clans... They can help a lot with their parties.
But I will not lie, save and load was essential. So keep good save files...
I can see my mistakes pretty good, but i understand why cuz this is my second good playthrough))
And still, doesn't matter that i have 130 hours in the damn game if i don't learn to play it
I keep Thinking of it like a modern Day warband but despite what others say it s much complex than that
Should've kept my attention on the forums as well

Yes, it's annoying, they leave all the time but they can help you to survive the first years of your Kingdom.
You just always need to find them on the map and re-onboard them...
They're not to be relied on for the long term, because - well, they're mercenaries. They can be used very effectively in the short term or opportunistically, though. I was once scouting out a faction I was waiting to decare war on, and noticed they had a 700-800 army, which was half from a single mercenary faction. I poached the mercenaries, added them to my army, attacked the faction taking lots of high tier prisoners (while my losses were spread across clan and mercenaries), sieged and took the nearby town, then peaced out and paid off the mercenaries.

Allrighty, got it but how tf will i get horse archers as i'm south of battania and Westers empire. Thing is i'm not gonna have that many chances to get training for my men. Atleast if i manage to use the influence and gather all my parties to join me we'll mow em down cuz after u win a battle of 800vs2000 imperialists only with your brothers party and 4 other battanians you feel really not mercifull
And about the 50% 50% thing, i got like 50 imperial legionaries in one castle wich would need to cover the archers while they mow the enemy
Make your way to Khuzait.

Make your way to Khuzait.
Yeah, probably the most obvious answer but good god i'm scarred of them. In both my playthroughs they just plowed through the imperialists and sturgians and a good part of the battanians.
Basically if they declare war while i'm their teritory they'll destroy me. Not to mention that my fiefs are done if others declare wars(mainly the battanians and Aserais cuz they're the closest and have accest to multiple of my fiefs, unlike the west imperials because the only fief they can get is Jalmarys because the others are limited by a hill and protected)
Also, does everybody know why the kuzaits are just plowing through almost every faction?(haven't seen them fighting the vlandians by now)

Edit: I really wish they would add an option to "un-do" created kingdom or re-join another faction like in warband, since the game's main quest really steers player to make a kingdom way to early and this is a very common situation people get stuck in.

What you described is exploiting the dumb game mechanics and AI. Its not really honor or mercy, its kinda just exploiting.

Yeah, probably the most obvious answer but good god i'm scarred of them. In both my playthroughs they just plowed through the imperialists and sturgians and a good part of the battanians.
Basically if they declare war while i'm their teritory they'll destroy me. Not to mention that my fiefs are done if others declare wars(mainly the battanians and Aserais cuz they're the closest and have accest to multiple of my fiefs, unlike the west imperials because the only fief they can get is Jalmarys because the others are limited by a hill and protected)
Also, does everybody know why the kuzaits are just plowing through almost every faction?(haven't seen them fighting the vlandians by now)
Get an army of only raiders, recruit them from your prisoner pool, once you have the disciplinarian perk they upgrade to the Khuzait noble line and you'll have a huge army of Kahn's guards.

I like to collect them in the hideouts, you always knock some out and if you duel the bandit leader you capture the bodyguards

Get an army of only raiders, recruit them from your prisoner pool, once you have the disciplinarian perk they upgrade to the Khuzait noble line and you'll have a huge army of Kahn's guards.

I like to collect them in the hideouts, you always knock some out and if you duel the bandit leader you capture the bodyguards
I'm not that good ar gaining leadership points.. Got like 40 i think, and the disciplinarian is well away

Start over, make your way to Khuzait at the beginning. Once there, recruit Nomads and then you will quickly get horsemen. Follow the advice here and do not create a Kingdom until you are much stronger and have good relationships with a multitude of lords.

Start over, make your way to Khuzait at the beginning. Once there, recruit Nomads and then you will quickly get horsemen. Follow the advice here and do not create a Kingdom until you are much stronger and have good relationships with a multitude of lords.
Well, i know i ll do that but i want to experiment first.
I'm stubborn regarding Games so if I'm not utterly doomed i won't probably stopped
Since i started this thread i played last night and took one castle and a Town then ended a peace for 2000 denars tribute which more than half comes to me
I'll try a complete khuzait Army playthrough after this for sure
Thank you all for the help

you just need to beef your own forces. i'm assuming you can have 3 companion parties at your renown level. make them. have troops ready. enact policies like royal guard and noble retinue to increase your army size. your own party and companions together should have 7-800 men. and if you level up everyone to t4+ that army will demolish the world.
money for wages isn't an issue, just spend 10k on material and make javelins. you'll make 100x profit back

dont take fights you can barely win. and before you have your large personal army,instead of leading army or joining one you follow other vassal's army, they'll siege or get into a fight and you can assist them from the side. this way, your army and theirs act independently. meaning you can let them go in the fray and tank while you send in your archers and cavs from the side. and if you end up winning all your allie's injured troops will eventually heal. this method will cut your own loses while helping your kingdom, perfect for when you are merc.

Back
Top Bottom