[Tool] Arena - Xml Modding Editor for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

As you know, I am developing a Bannerlord mod, but I look into Bannerlord Xml files, it is really a big mess, so I decided to make a modding tool for developing my mod more easiler
Oh, yes, you can also use this tool to develop your mod, I hope this tool can make people develop their own mod more easiler.

Binary: https://github.com/cookgreen/ArenaModdingTool/releases

tMNL5Kz.png

Features:
  • Multi-Language Support (support both Simpilified Chinese and English)
  • Main Modules:
    • Kingdoms Editor - Done
    • Culture Editor -Processing
    • Trooper Editor - Done
    • Item Editor
    • Party Template Editor
    • Hero Editor
  • CSharp Project Creation
Github: https://github.com/cookgreen/ArenaModdingTool

Last edited:
Well, when you clone the repo, compile it and start it, use File->Import to import your mod into modding too, next you can use Recently Imported Project to import it when you next time use this tool

Sorry, what does that mean to a peasant like myself? I'm looking for an .exe but I'm guessing that's not how it works?

Hey perhaps this is already a thing and I am being obtuse but have you thought about implementing a way to tell the app where my "modules" folder is and have it automatically create a database of troops/items/clans/kingdoms/etc... available based on that to make editing existing assets faster.

It would then allow you to make drop-down menus with available items/clans/kingdoms/cultures/etc... to speed up the process especially when dealing with expanding existing mods or making compatibility patches.

Hey perhaps this is already a thing and I am being obtuse but have you thought about implementing a way to tell the app where my "modules" folder is and have it automatically create a database of troops/items/clans/kingdoms/etc... available based on that to make editing existing assets faster.

It would then allow you to make drop-down menus with available items/clans/kingdoms/cultures/etc... to speed up the process especially when dealing with expanding existing mods or making compatibility patches.
I will do that

Any chance you will implement a settlement editor to easily modify the settlement position in map, scene associated, map icon, etc?

PS: Great work so far!

That's what Bannerlord's official Scene Editor is for. You should download Taleworlds Modding Tools.

I think currently in the official modding tools you can't place a new town in the map and associate a town scene to it, correct me if I'm wrong. You can place things at the main map, yes, but you can't make them to act as a settlement directly from the scene editor. To do it you have to modify the settlemets.xml in the sandbox's ModuleData folder and it's a pain to do it hahaha.

I think currently in the official modding tools you can't place a new town in the map and associate a town scene to it, correct me if I'm wrong. You can place things at the main map, yes, but you can't make them to act as a settlement directly from the scene editor. To do it you have to modify the settlemets.xml in the sandbox's ModuleData folder and it's a pain to do it hahaha.
You can move settlements on ..\Modules\Sandbox\SceneObj\Main_map in the Scene Editor. If you save your changes in your own mod but still call the scene Main_map it should override the games settlement positioning in game.

Back
Top Bottom