Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know, for me (!) this game is an "unplayable" state. Too much AI/balancing issues and too less progress. I´ll wait 4 more weeks then I try the same and maybe rebuy it "later" for a nice discount when/if it´s fixed and we got some good overhaul mods. I´m (!) not having fun since the last three months with this game.

Or as TW would like to say for the next months:

We are aware of these issues.

And:

Could have at least waited till it leaves Early Access, until then what you listed is to be expected.
They won´t achieve the goals they had in the next 6 months, only if a miracle appears. I don´t believe in miracles. So refunding this game is a totally valid option. It seems to be feature complete, I´ve not seen any statements from TW that they´ll add a new major (gangs in the street in a town anyone?) feature.

I asked about the upgradable workshops and the reply was:

About upgrading workshops will be enabled or not in future, I have no idea. Its variable is placed there for possible feature. It can be added "soon" or not.

So it´s more likely that even more stuff get´s cut that is now in the game (placeholders).

But thanks to mexxico for beeing honest and beeing the only one who answered a simple question.

TLDR:

They´ve shown so much (Gamescon teaser RIP) and delivered so less.

Last edited:
Good to know, for me (!) this game is an "unplayable" state. Too much AI/balancing issues and too less progress. I´ll wait 4 more weeks then I try the same and maybe rebuy it "later" when it´s fixed and we got some got overhaul mods.
Wish behavior like that could get you banned from ever buying it again.

It's extremely worrying that steam is allowing refunds after receiving a vast amount of hours on a game, even if the game isn't '100% functional', you bought the game in an EA state, so you'll receive it as such. That's like buying a prototype car, expecting it to work like a fully functional product and returning it after use because it wasn't fully functional.

It's extremely worrying that steam is allowing refunds after receiving a vast amount of hours on a game, even if the game isn't '100% functional', you bought the game in an EA state, so you'll receive it as such. That's like buying a prototype car, expecting it to work like a fully functional product and returning it after use because it wasn't fully functional.
Sir i just drove this car 200k miles and crashed it into 2 trees but i demand a full refund

It's extremely worrying that steam is allowing refunds after receiving a vast amount of hours on a game, even if the game isn't '100% functional', you bought the game in an EA state, so you'll receive it as such.
While I agree, the EA description was and is misleading. If you consider the stuff that was shown before the EA release it doesn´t get better.

While I agree, the EA description was and is misleading. If you consider the stuff that was shown before the EA release it doesn´t get better.

Barely anything was shown before EA release, and what was shown was extremely minimal to the point where you couldn't actually determine if the EA game has it or not. What videos were there? A Siege (EA has sieges), Man walking around a big map? (EA has big map which you can walk around). They haven't lied about anything because they haven't provided a roadmap, they've just said 'here are the EA features, buy if you want'.

Recent reviews by Olympeus
Recommended
498.4 hrs on record (48.5 hrs at review time)

Fun game. It's a bit like Total War with a lot more single player RPG elements
Posted 29 July.

That steam review sounds like you really hated it after 50 hours played. It only took another 450 to refund.

Ouch. Busted.

Barely anything was shown before EA release, and what was shown was extremely minimal to the point where you couldn't actually determine if the EA game has it or not. What videos were there? A Siege (EA has sieges), Man walking around a big map? (EA has big map which you can walk around). They haven't lied about anything because they haven't provided a roadmap, they've just said 'here are the EA features, buy if you want'.
Upgradable villages were shown, gang crime system was shown, better sieges were shown. Just a few examples.

That was 2-3 years before the EA release so I expected it to be in the EA release. We still don´t got this and probably never will get it because dev priorities have changed.

Just a few examples.

While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year.

And I personally don´t believe, that all perks will be working in the next 6 months and that we have unique scenes for each castle/town/etc. Not even talking about fixing balancing AI/economy/other stuff.

That´s just my personal opinion. Sure you can enjoy this game and have fun for 500+ hours. But I don´t have fun and I want to get the stuff that was shown/advertised years ago (Banners :sad: ).

Source (12:40min):

Where can I experience this stuff shown 4 years ago? Will I ever be able to experience it? Where are those towns full of life shown in this 4 year old trailer? Did the EA description told me it was scrapped? :wink:

I expected at least the gang system that was shown 4 years ago to be in the game ("now we can place one of our own companions here and that will stop others thugs from coming...). Is this now the still bugged gang leader quest? :wink:

That´s what I´m talking about. We´ll never get this feature or do we?

As I said...just one example. For me it´s like this:

So a refund makes sense for me.

Last edited:
Inappropriate behavior
Why do you need public affirmation?
snip
Its a PSA to let people know there is still an option for a refund if so desired.

Upgradable villages were shown, gang crime system was shown, better sieges were shown. Just a few examples.

That was 2-3 years before the EA release so I expected it to be in the EA release. We still don´t got this and probably never will get it because dev priorities have changed.

Just a few examples.

And I personally don´t believe, that all perks will be working in the next 6 months and that we have unique scenes for each castle/town/etc. Not even talking about fixing balancing AI/economy/other stuff.

That´s just my personal opinion. Sure you can enjoy this game and have fun for 500+ hours. But I don´t have fun and I want to get the stuff that was shown/advertised years ago (Banners :sad: ).

Where can I experience this stuff shown 4 years ago? Will I ever be able to experience it? Where are those towns full of life shown in this 4 year old trailer? Did the EA description told me it was scrapped? :wink:

I expected at least the gang system that was shown 4 years ago to be in the game ("now we can place one of our own companions here and that will stop others thugs from coming...). Is this now the still bugged gang leader quest? :wink:

Well stated and argued.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just a few examples.

First of all, while I know that some things were scrapped we do not know how they really worked and this video barely show it, maybe they'll add it later or maybe it was boring and it doesn't even make sense to have it.

Second, this is a small feature compared to everything else, and that you compare THIS gameplay to Watchdogs, saying they're the same while Watchdogs downgrade it's visible, whereas this gameplay: doesn't have cloth simulation, that has these outdated UI menus, that old lighting and weird animations, and has been clearly improved upon it's completely off the rails and unfair towards Taleworlds, not to say you're justyfing stealing money after you used a product for 400 hours. You dont buy a t shirt, use it every single day of your life and when you start disliking it, you go and make a mess to get a refund for the t shirt, this is dumb my friend

EDIT: Jesus your claim is so, so terrible, you are comparing that small feature to the whole game, go back and see the whole video, specially the combat part, there are no colors, the animations are stiff and outdated, everyone looks like a piece of wood when moving, if you're really saying the Bannerlord from now is a downgrade you should go to an oculist because your eyes are failing completely

Last edited:
Another b8 thread which gets everyone to reply with minimal effort from OP?

82828796_10157946010959330_3908448568964284416_o.png

Kinda pathetic. 500 hours, and refunded the game. This is so disrespectful no matter how bad the game is. Uh, also can you post any proof? Like the email steam sends you? I'll try to contact Steam as soon as possible. Something like this shouldn't happen, again no matter how bad the game is.

Nice to know man. I hope EVERYONE is now refunding the Game so TW sees what **** of Software they published for 60 bucks!

Buy it as a code for 5bucks in a few month.

Yes Im a flamer :smile:

First of all, while I know that some things were scrapped we do not know how they really worked and this video barely show it, maybe they'll add it later or maybe it was boring and it doesn't even make sense to have it.

Second, this is a small feature compared to everything else, and that you compare THIS gameplay to Watchdogs, saying they're the same while Watchdogs downgrade it's visible, whereas this gameplay: doesn't have cloth simulation, that has these outdated UI menus, that old lighting and weird animations, and has been clearly improved upon it's completely off the rails and unfair towards Taleworlds, not to say you're justyfing stealing money after you used a product for 400 hours. You dont buy a t shirt, use it every single day of your life and when you start disliking it, you go and make a mess to get a refund for the t shirt, this is dumb my friend

Your analogy makes no sense. A t-shirt immediately fulfills its obligation as a t-shirt. The producers of the T-Shirt don't have any other obligation once the shirt is sold to you. However, I would argue a game sold in EA is very different. The developers have an obligation to develop the game as advertised in the EA description or other such announcements, or at the very least, allow for refund periods if the development scope has changed. If the developers of an EA game fail to fulfill that obligation, refunds should be granted no matter how much time is spent in the game. A development promise is made, and a key part of the transaction. If certain features are abandoned without any explanation, again the promise of development has been broken and refunds should be available.

There are countless ways to get refunded on steam on EA access even if they are not transparent. There is no disrespect on him refunding when TW said that EA would consist of the full game and the perks did not even work + other bull**** lies they spit before releasing. It would be disrespectful if the game was actually good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom