TaleWorlds Modding Q&A

Users who are viewing this thread

How do we open the resource browser?
Click here
1.jpg

When I try to edit a particle emitter, I get an error that I cannot modify the emitter, as it is a protected item. That's the whole point of the tool though isn't it?

When I try to edit a particle emitter, I get an error that I cannot modify the emitter, as it is a protected item. That's the whole point of the tool though isn't it?
You can edit instances of the same standard emitter in your scenes. For example, open the Modules/Sandbox/main_map scene and select a waterfall entity. In its inspector you'll find an option to edit instances so you can customise that particular instance of the standard emitter to your precise requirements.

You can edit instances of the same standard emitter in your scenes. For example, open the Modules/Sandbox/main_map scene and select a waterfall entity. In its inspector you'll find an option to edit instances so you can customise that particular instance of the standard emitter to your precise requirements.
Ah I see, so editing the waterfall emitter in main_map would apply it universally in that scene. I'll have to look into that, thanks!

However, since I'm trying to edit things in the particle_systems.tpac, that technique won't help. Like editing the way blood puffs work, how would I go about doing that?

However, since I'm trying to edit things in the particle_systems.tpac, that technique won't help. Like editing the way blood puffs work, how would I go about doing that?
I've not tried that. But if it's like everything else, you just need to copy the native asset into you mod's assets folder with the resource browser and rename it so it doesn't overwrite the Native version and edit it as you wish. Hopefully, it's like everything else. Let us know how you get on. :smile:

I've not tried that. But if it's like everything else, you just need to copy the native asset into you mod's assets folder with the resource browser and rename it so it doesn't overwrite the Native version and edit it as you wish. Hopefully, it's like everything else. Let us know how you get on. :smile:
None of the other mods installed show up in the Resource browser, only Native. I'm trying to learn this system but the modding documentation is very barebones still, going to be a bit interesting

does anyone know how to how to create body assets? i see that 'rock' props are made out of mesh + physics body, and i only have the mesh to use. i couldn't figure out how to make and apply new body assets.

does anyone know how to how to create body assets? i see that 'rock' props are made out of mesh + physics body, and i only have the mesh to use. i couldn't figure out how to make and apply new body assets.
Bodies are just invisible physics shapes = low poly collision meshes. They are loaded with their related visible mesh and need the same name with a bo_ prefix. Look at the section on overriding meshes in Taleworlds Documentation http://docs.modding.bannerlord.com/asset-management/asset-types/overriding_assets/
The lower poly the physics body the better as that makes ai-pathfinding computations easier.

Bodies are just invisible physics shapes = low poly collision meshes. They are loaded with their related visible mesh and need the same name with a bo_ prefix. Look at the section on overriding meshes in Taleworlds Documentation http://docs.modding.bannerlord.com/asset-management/asset-types/overriding_assets/
The lower poly the physics body the better as that makes ai-pathfinding computations easier.
thank you so much! i was using map_rocks in a scene without knowing that it doesn't have an attached physics body so that characters could just walk through it. i hope i could learn how to get it fixed by looking at the document myself. thank you!

thank you so much! i was using map_rocks in a scene without knowing that it doesn't have an attached physics body so that characters could just walk through it. i hope i could learn how to get it fixed by looking at the document myself. thank you!
Just remember, when you select an entity in your scene, you can go to the physics section of the entity inspector and tick the show physics box so you can see its collision mesh.

Back
Top Bottom