Beta Patch Notes e1.5.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Does anyone else think the troop costs in 1.5.3 (or troop costs in recent patches) is far too much? I have a party of 19 and it costs me 202 a day. I can barely make that trading. There's no way I can keep that up if I'm fighting and I'd need a lot more men to do that.

Yes, lots of Heavy Horse Archers but still. This is FAR too much. I remember when an Army of 200 would cost me 500 gold now less than 20 men cost me half that!

Does anyone else think the troop costs in 1.5.3 (or troop costs in recent patches) is far too much? I have a party of 19 and it costs me 202 a day. I can barely make that trading. There's no way I can keep that up if I'm fighting and I'd need a lot more men to do that.

Yes, lots of Heavy Horse Archers but still. This is FAR too much. I remember when an Army of 200 would cost me 500 gold now less than 20 men cost me half that!
I thought in one patch they had reduced top tier troop costs. May be wrong though. I only use tier 1 and 2 early game and no companions until clan tier 1 is available.

I dont think the problem is the troops cost, is the way we get passive income. I feel like its almost impossible to get positive income flows with parties larger then 50 tier 3+ troops.

Priorities... like the icons... ?‍♂️

Armies cost a lot even historically. It's good, more challenging and realistic. However, at least small army should be maintained by taxed , which is not happening at all .
Also raiding villages should be profitable , because it makes sense . And here we lose 1 day and get 1 sheep , 1 grain and may be a donkey. It must be much more and prisoning peasants as well.
So you get an army and go in raid = profit .
But now is - get an army fight another army and sell their smelly boots = profit.

The problem is that the economy is currently a little bit off. The prices are usually near enough so that you don't get too much profits. This also reduces the outcome of the workshops and your caravans. Caravans are at the moment the best for passive income but only if you are at peace or neutral, otherwise they will get attacked rather fast.

Additionally castles do not give enough revenue. Castles are more or less a millstone at the moment, costing you too much and giving you not enough taxes. Especially if the castle is located at the frontline thus ensuring that the accompanying villages are more or less constantly raided, reducing their prosperity and lowering your income in turn.

This is influenced by autosave.
It seems to happen more frequently than autosave does; it could be that the freezing happens in certain situations - some of which are also situations when the game autosaves. So it wouldn't be autosave influencing/causing the freezes, but that both happen together in certain situations, and freezing also occurs in others where the game doesn't autosave.

I dont think the problem is the troops cost, is the way we get passive income. I feel like its almost impossible to get positive income flows with parties larger then 50 tier 3+ troops.

115 army with tons of T5 units and I just need two caravans to pay wages (856 daily). Just buy the most expensive ones caravans and spread them, and you will be fine with wages.

On the other hand, while some workshops are still great, I think that maybe some towns should be checked because it is hard to keep profitable workshops in some factions.

It's monday again are we getting 1.5.4 or is this thread gonna be pinned for the next two weeks :razz:
We are aware of the freezing issue on the campaign map. It is being investigated at the moment.
Well at least it's not a stroke, phew ?‍☠️

No I didn't notice. Take all the towns. Take all the castles. Get lotsa money everyday.

Castles are more or less a millstone at the moment, costing you too much and giving you not enough taxes
Don't spend money on them or put guys in them, Duh.
I mean I do but I'm always rich from beating everyone up.

One thing - a mistake, if you like it - I have done previously that I had many companions in my main army. They cost a lot! The higher their level is, the more they cost. Nathanos at level 22 costs 46g / day - you can have 4 tier 5 troops for that one alone! When all my companions were running caravans (5 currently) I had so much passive income I could field a hundred+ army and have 500g / day to spare.

Tips:
  • always have the maximum number of workshops, and prioritize for those types that have at least 2 village incomes
  • have as many caravans as you can
  • always trade with your main army while moving around, and win battles and sell loot and prisoners
This is before you create a kingdom and have fiefs. When you are a kingdom fiefs must be your main income source, but I don't have too much experience in 1.5.3 with these yet, and how to make them work well.

One thing - a mistake, if you like it - I have done previously that I had many companions in my main army. They cost a lot! The higher their level is, the more they cost. Nathanos at level 22 costs 46g / day - you can have 4 tier 5 troops for that one alone! When all my companions were running caravans (5 currently) I had so much passive income I could field a hundred+ army and have 500g / day to spare.

Tips:
  • always have the maximum number of workshops, and prioritize for those types that have at least 2 village incomes
  • have as many caravans as you can
  • always trade with your main army while moving around, and win battles and sell loot and prisoners
This is before you create a kingdom and have fiefs. When you are a kingdom fiefs must be your main income source, but I don't have too much experience in 1.5.3 with these yet, and how to make them work well.
workshops gives no profit except wool one. caravans sux too, 0-200g\day
also main gold sourse 90% is battleloot. towns n castles are not profitable since it usuale stagnate 3-4k prosp cuz of never ending village issues

workshops gives no profit except wool one. caravans sux too, 0-200g\day
also main gold sourse 90% is battleloot. towns n castles are not profitable since it usuale stagnate 3-4k prosp cuz of never ending village issues
Caravans are very variable, but some days can make 1000+.

Back
Top Bottom