Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Users who are viewing this thread

I mean like all you needed was a lance and you could easily 1vAnything

Like as long as you had a lance this would be so easy even with no lance or just a seord you could 1v this

I prefered my bow and trick shots from spawn that got me kills in the first seconds :grin: and then a Warcleaver and some other weapon for fun (sometimes a shield when taking a castle from Rhodoks)

I prefered my bow and trick shots from spawn that got me kills in the first seconds :grin: and then a Warcleaver and some other weapon for fun (sometimes a shield when taking a castle from Rhodoks)
Ooh that was such a fun combo i would sometimes do super tanky armour and the great bardiche or whatever it was called but doing a few tricks along the way was definetly a good strategy

Ooh that was such a fun combo i would sometimes do super tanky armour and the great bardiche or whatever it was called but doing a few tricks along the way was definetly a good strategy
I had several loves when it came to weapon, there was also that very special arming sword, cant remember its correct name, something like long tempered arming sword i think (im likely wrong, but best one hand sword in game) but it could take forever to spawn, so had to do other things until i found it. Never was a big lancer, got too much og that in tournaments :grin: wanted my game to feel a bit more varried when i had to kill thusands every hour :smile: You know, for historical realisms sake....

I had several loves when it came to weapon, there was also that very special arming sword, cant remember its correct name, something like long tempered arming sword i think (im likely wrong, but best one hand sword in game) but it could take forever to spawn, so had to do other things until i found it. Never was a big lancer, got too much og that in tournaments :grin: wanted my game to feel a bit more varried when i had to kill thusands every hour :smile: You know, for historical realisms sake....
I hardly ever did lancer unless i was playing swadia or khergit i tried to do foot a few times but it wasnt a lot of fun also im pretty sure you got the name right but i wasnt much of a one hander guy im more of two hander dude

I remember standing with my level 40 something char. holding a single ladder with my 80 archers against 2000+ enemies... they just kept on coming. it took a few hours, but once the battle was over, my real life fingers were far more bloody than my MC ever got :grin: (ps im pretty sure Bundok and Katrin were there aswell, they might have gotten a couple of 100 each)
Haha hah the great heavy long war axe at just right spot over head swinging over and over forever, felt like a meat processing plant! But we always would win!

I hardly ever did lancer unless i was playing swadia or khergit i tried to do foot a few times but it wasnt a lot of fun also im pretty sure you got the name right but i wasnt much of a one hander guy im more of two hander dude
Foot soldier roleplay playthrough became boring pretty fast when you met your first horse archer enemies................................................... i liked onehanders for sieges, because sometime the "attack stopped because you dont have swing space" could become really annoying, sometimes i even went with that small iron axe just to avoid that. That axe in its best version was great for cluttered sieges.

Haha hah the great heavy long war axe at just right spot over head swinging over and over forever, felt like a meat processing plant! But we always would win!
Yeah once you were hitting fast enough, you felt more machine than man and when you took a few crossbow bolts and just shrugged them off... you started wondering if you were actually a T-800 send back a few centuries too far :grin:

Foot soldier roleplay playthrough became boring pretty fast when you met your first horse archer enemies................................................... i liked onehanders for sieges, because sometime the "attack stopped because you dont have swing space" could become really annoying, sometimes i even went with that small iron axe just to avoid that. That axe in its best version was great for cluttered sieges.
Yeah foot got boring very very gast which is why i only tried it 3 times never really finishing those canpaigns and yeah sieges in warband were justvannoying especially small castles since you could get pushed way ro the back and there is no way you are getting back to the front

Yeah foot got boring very very gast which is why i only tried it 3 times never really finishing those canpaigns and yeah sieges in warband were justvannoying especially small castles since you could get pushed way ro the back and there is no way you are getting back to the front
Agreed in regards to sieges. I used to have 2-3 castles i always took (one of the was in the Khanate, something with a U i think, if i remember correctly another was Harringoth, but its been too many years for me to be sure) because they were so nice to defend and lvl up. Lvling was an awfull grind past lvl 40. I had one fun playthrough as a footsoldier, but that was in a mod with "sergant" mode. where you could join an army as a lowly soldier (or a group) and climb through the ranks. Cant remember the name of the mod, but as soon as i became a lord in that save i stopped the "foot soldier" nonsense.
Ps or the worst thing in sieges, when you started crowdsurfing and you could not get anywhere and had to wait for your army to die or win, or atleast move on so you fell down.

Agreed in regards to sieges. I used to have 2-3 castles i always took (one of the was in the Khanate, something with a U i think, if i remember correctly another was Harringoth, but its been too many years for me to be sure) because they were so nice to defend and lvl up. Lvling was an awfull grind past lvl 40. I had one fun playthrough as a footsoldier, but that was in a mod with "sergant" mode. where you could join an army as a lowly soldier (or a group) and climb through the ranks. Cant remember the name of the mod, but as soon as i became a lord in that save i stopped the "foot soldier" nonsense.
Yeah base game foot soldier really wasnt fun and the U castle you are referring to i guess would be Ulhun castle since you needed to build a siege tower to take it and it was very defensible i always usually took what i could get and yeah going anything past lvl 40 was a big grind

Yeah base game foot soldier really wasnt fun and the U castle you are referring to i guess would be Ulhun castle since you needed to build a siege tower to take it and it was very defensible i always usually took what i could get and yeah going anything past lvl 40 was a big grind
It might have been Ulhun yeah, but not sure, just remember i also liked how it looked. Had a nice layout. good for archers aswell as i remember it.

It might have been Ulhun yeah, but not sure, just remember i also liked how it looked. Had a nice layout. good for archers aswell as i remember it.
Yep thats definetly ulhun because the archer layout in that castle was god tier like it was impossible to take if you were defending no matter what

Yep thats definetly ulhun because the archer layout in that castle was god tier like it was impossible to take if you were defending no matter what
Oh yeah i remember now, i would always take Unuzdaq Castle and Uhhun Castle (and Halmar inbetween ofcourse) those were two of may favorite castles to defend and they looked nice aswell. Then i would take Reindy Castle and Jameyyed Castle and have my own little easily defended starter kingdom.

Oh yeah i remember now, i would always take Unuzdaq Castle and Uhhun Castle (and Halmar inbetween ofcourse) those were two of may favorite castles to defend and they looked nice aswell. Then i would take Reindy Castle and Jameyyed Castle and have my own little easily defended starter kingdom.
Oh yeah that was always a good strategy for an easy defensible kingdom at the start but here is how i conquered the map in one of my first campaigns so i conquered the map as a vassal and waited for the king to expel everyone else so only me and him could get fiefs and at the end when he got to a fief i demanded but he didnt give to me i would break out with half the map and since he was the only lord i easily took him prisoner and put him in a place where he had a 1% chance of escaping and then just sieged the rest down and now i was the only lord in all of calradia

Oh yeah that was always a good strategy for an easy defensible kingdom at the start but here is how i conquered the map in one of my first campaigns so i conquered the map as a vassal and waited for the king to expel everyone else so only me and him could get fiefs and at the end when he got to a fief i demanded but he didnt give to me i would break out with half the map and since he was the only lord i easily took him prisoner and put him in a place where he had a 1% chance of escaping and then just sieged the rest down and now i was the only lord in all of calradia
It is good to be the king.... but slightly lonely :grin:

IMHO the most interesting things:
  • Kingdom & Politics
    • Rebellions - This will take some time but we are working on them.
    • Granting/Relinquishing Fiefs
    • Improvements to Kingdom Decisions (a bit generic but we'll see... every possible addition is welcome)
  • Pillaging conquered towns & castles.
  • Additional new armor and costumes. (I hope heavy armors...)
  • A child education feature that will allow players to shape their clan’s offspring before they come of age.
BUT... Nothing about the character creation...? I'd like to see a more advanced creation tool... as some modders did.
And when will you implement the marriage arrangements (for our family members at least)?
Duh_TaleWorlds

Last edited:
Because I write software as part of my day job (I do research in academia, so I would not consider myself a "professional" in software development since I am more a jack of all trades, but I know enough about the process to tell you that it's not as simple as you think). I can't give you links from TW since they are not exactly forthcoming when it comes to the development process, but this one I think will give you a good idea of the kind of problems a software developer can face when adding features.

The thing is they would not do the same thing that a modder does. Modders do not have to worry about how their code plays with the rest of the game, they don't have to think about how their contribution fits with the overall software architecture of the game, and they don't have to worry about maintainability (if I make this change to the code, how will this affect further changes? will I still be able to change the other thing if I do this?). The more complicated a piece of software is, the more careful you have to be when you make changes. And typically you try to divide the code in individual, separate units so that you can change one without affecting the other, but again when the project becomes complicated it's not always easy.

Note that I am talking about mods that make significant changes here. If you just go and makes minor changes to some xml files then yes, that's easy either way (but honestly, that's something that anyone could do).
The last two points you mentioned are exactly what I need to hear. I was managing an initiative in collaboration with a PM over a period of time and things went well until. When she left, we insisting on how important it was to make the change and took hours in training a new. Instead of just two of us producing results, this project now has three PMs. Each email goes to the department head. They've taken the decision to make significant adjustments to their processes and products in at mid-stream, with no time to do high-quality work or testing. It's a complete mess and it's making me feel unmotivated to complete the job.

Back
Top Bottom