Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Users who are viewing this thread

New armors, new items, improvements of all sorts, roads on the worldmap, sticky buttons for each item, new weapons, new clothes, new NPC companions, new perks ( completed and finished where there were only holders ), new banners, new hairstyles, new face paintings... and that's just off the top my head.
I'm grateful they did these things, but apart from perks, everything on your list is a minor visual change to the game that has very little impact on replay value. Even when it comes to perks, we're still only at 65% completion of the perk tree, and they started at about 45%. For comparison, modders managed to fix 90% of the perks within a month of release. This is why I say the progress in the last 6 months has not been encouraging. I'm glad we are having some progress but if they continue at this rate for another 6 months the game will barely play any differently by release.

Now, if TW were to release mod tools, or bring back multi-stage sieges, etc., then you'd see me cheering, because that's stuff that actually makes the game more fun.

Are you by any chance playing on 1/2 difficulty to allies or some other form of cheese? You don't have a full high tier party once you've suffered heavy attrition fighting multiple full-strength high-tier lord parties, mostly by yourself,

Full damage but Swadian Knights and/or Sarranid Mamelukes, stacked Trainer skill and battle advantage in my favor. That led to generally low-loss fights against the well-tiered parties and zero losses against fresh spawns. It didn't need to be exactly full either; recruits welp just fine to forty Knights or Mamluks. I could do that as long as I felt like, then just stop whenever to recover and repeat the cycle anew once I had a fresh stock of troops. After a solid month of doing it, I'd have 10-15 relations with every lord worth having, including (once again) the ones I'd never even met.

Now, you could do some ridiculous mental gymnastics to pretend all of this is easier for the player than courting a lady (which you were going to do anyway because of the RtR benefit) and holding a feast. Or, you could just admit that having a wife actually did have a purpose for 90% of players who were trying to conquer the whole map.

"When did I say anything about other people?"

Remember, this started with you insisting that I was missing out on features in Bannerlord that I actually used in Warband. As I said -- and as far as I can see, you didn't actually dispute -- feasts don't really matter if you can just stack relations through honor rating, which makes a wife pretty superfluous beyond the RtR from getting married. Feasts will probably still be really pointless in Bannerlord too, since foreign lords are going to come to you pre-pissed off (won't attend your feast) and there will still be votes to yeet your relations into the stratosphere without pulling you away from enemy territory.

Also, I never said it was difficult to court a lady, just that I (personally) thought it was an annoying distraction.

Last edited:
Full damage but Swadian Knights and/or Sarranid Mamelukes, stacked Trainer skill and battle advantage in my favor. That led to generally low-loss fights against the well-tiered parties and zero losses against fresh spawns. It didn't need to be exactly full either; recruits welp just fine to forty Knights or Mamluks. I could do that as long as I felt like, then just stop whenever to recover and repeat the cycle anew once I had a fresh stock of troops. After a solid month of doing it, I'd have 10-15 relations with every lord worth having, including (once again) the ones I'd never even met.

Remember, this started with you insisting that I was missing out on features in Bannerlord that I actually used in Warband. As I said -- and as far as I can see, you didn't actually dispute -- feasts don't really matter if you can just stack relations through honor rating, which makes a wife pretty superfluous beyond the RtR from getting married. It'll probably still be really pointless in Bannerlord too, since foreign lords are going to come to you pre-pissed off (won't attend your feast) and there will still be votes to yeet your relations into the stratosphere without pulling you away from enemy territory.

Also, I never said it was difficult to court a lady, just that I (personally) thought it was an annoying distraction.
I agree with your post

stacked Trainer skill and battle advantage in my favor
To nobody's surprise, games become easier to "steamroll" when you actually grind for ages prior. Even after that you still have an ingame month of grind to look forward to, plus the real-time tedium of finishing off myriad recruit armies from lords you've already repeatedly fought. It might be an hour ingame but it's an hour in real life too. Just taking them prisoner and holding a feast is a valid sidegrade choice to this.
Here: "If anyone actually ever lost to that (let alone considered it a reason to keep a lord prisoner) they were either very new to the game or RPing in some way". You keep making these blanket statements about the game saying "there's no point holding feasts", then when it suits you, you change your argument to "to me". Then act like it's my fault you didn't say what you meant.
Feasts will probably still be really pointless in Bannerlord too
And there you go again. Leaving aside how your "pointless" argument keeps getting proven wrong, feasts have plenty more benefits than relations gain. They provide a fun roleplaying diversion for the player, they bring lords and ladies to one central location for courting or questing, they provide some breathing room between wars when most of the enemy nobility is feasting, make the game world feel more immersive than just a constant warzone, and they could even be tweaked slightly to aid in faction balancing as a "decadence" effect on large factions. Also, lords with a mild dislike of the host not attending feasts doesn't have to be carried over.

To nobody's surprise, games become easier to "steamroll" when you actually grind for ages prior. Even after that you still have an ingame month of grind to look forward to, plus the real-time tedium of finishing off myriad recruit armies from lords you've already repeatedly fought. It might be an hour ingame but it's an hour in real life too. Just taking them prisoner and holding a feast is a valid sidegrade choice to this.

If I thought the (serious) battles were tedious, I would not even bother opening Warband or Bannerlord.
Here: "If anyone actually ever lost to that (let alone considered it a reason to keep a lord prisoner) they were either very new to the game or RPing in some way".

Oh, my bad. Let me amend that: I've never taken serious losses fighting against low-tier units with high-tier units.

They provide a fun roleplaying diversion for the player, they bring lords and ladies to one central location for courting or questing, they provide some breathing room between wars when most of the enemy nobility is feasting, make the game world feel more immersive than just a constant warzone, and they could even be tweaked slightly to aid in faction balancing as a "decadence" effect on large factions. Also, lords with a mild dislike of the host not attending feasts doesn't have to be carried over.

I never talk about immersion or roleplaying because most of that happens between a player's ears and things that aid one player's immersion do nothing (or even harm) another player's. It is hugely personal.

If you like me, mostly played on your exported/imported no cheat lvl 50 something char. there wasent much grind to do, i did once in a while start over for the fresh feeling, but always came back to my main char. There were so many things in Warband i just skipped, because they were worthless or actually did more damage than good (like feats) or quests that barely gave any meaningfull rewards compared to the hazzle of doing them, like hearding cattle or running with messages. Bannerlord already have alot more meaningful quests, that also add a bit of a roleplay element.

Rather, let's not discuss anything.
You've already proven to doubt what I write, on my very first post ( way to welcome someone new on a forum! ) while nothing has proven me to be a liar so don't mind if I ignore you from now on.

You will learn that some people like him and some other names you will come across again and again, that they do nothing much other than complain about Taleworlds and wont accept what other people write.

thank you Taleworlds for the information.
Are there also plans to be able to give orders to the parties in your clan?

thank you Taleworlds for the information.
Are there also plans to be able to give orders to the parties in your clan?

Yes having control over joining armies or not sounds good too. Maybe some players can select "their clan parties to not join armies" so when player create an army he/she can call them all in any case. Having as much as control over clan parties sounds good but I am not sure how many of them will be accepted. I am taking notes. I am fan of adding as much as possible options but maybe you can have less control then what I write here. I am not final decision giver about this.

I haven't been around in awhile. This game has been in early access for near a year now. Anyone have an idea when it will be finished? Or will it ever be a finished product? Cheers.

I haven't been around in awhile. This game has been in early access for near a year now. Anyone have an idea when it will be finished? Or will it ever be a finished product? Cheers.
You mean its been in ea for half a year. They said just before ea started that it would be in ea for about a year, that was just around when Corona started though, so im guessing that will cause a delay. I dont see any reason at all to think the game wont be completed, will there be people unhappy with the state it comes out in, yes, but some people seem to just want to be angry about everything.

You mean its been in ea for half a year. They said just before ea started that it would be in ea for about a year, that was just around when Corona started though, so im guessing that will cause a delay. I dont see any reason at all to think the game wont be completed, will there be people unhappy with the state it comes out in, yes, but some people seem to just want to be angry about everything.

I happen to like Viking Conquest, this game is a shell of that, thanks. The EA is in month 7 and no features have been added besides a barber.

I happen to like Viking Conquest, this game is a shell of that, thanks. The EA is in month 7 and no features have been added besides a barber.
@Howie One of those people who just want to be angry at everything, not worth responding to, never gets anywhere, even when they are proven wrong on an argument.

He's just a troll, and this statement proves it: " ...and no features have been added besides a barber." Which is an outright lie.
He should be banned from these forum. He doesn't add anything to any discussion but "T.W Bad".
He says : " I will keep modding games so they have depth and options." He seems to have lots of time to troll for a modder. At this rate, they would've released M&B IV before any of his so-called mods are even finished
Well there was a reason i "responded" as i did, as i said earlier, waste of time trying to debate with him. The reason why i quoted him like that, is because i have seen him takes quotes out of context several times, to try to make his points seem legit.

Dude you can also sit in some of the chairs now that you couldn't sit in before! Not all of em, but lots!
No horse archery in VC unless you start story mode a steal the practice bow from the tutorial ,can never get into it, I start a game, make perfect min/maxed char, trade jewelry and wine/stuff for a bunch money and then get bored, done it like 10 times lol

Fine and dandy on easier difficulties, but on harder difficulties catch and release gets you swamped in massive recruit armies.
WHoooa whoa in warband?
The game with Swadian knights and rhodock sharpshooters?
The game where you can have INT skills maxed at 14 on a level 13 character?
The game where you can mass produce troops everyday with the trainer skill?
The game with instant siege speed on said max int skill character?
The game where you can have free garrisons with no limit on troops storage?
You're saying you at some point are afraid of the NPC lord in this game? You feel they need to be jailed?
Sounds like you never got'd good
The warband MC can be so massively overpowered that the AI kings can never fight back once you've reached a basic threshold of power.
I wish I could do that in Bannerlord.

WHoooa whoa in warband?
The game with Swadian knights and rhodock sharpshooters?
The game where you can have INT skills maxed at 14 on a level 13 character?
The game where you can mass produce troops everyday with the trainer skill?
The game with instant siege speed on said max int skill character?
The game where you can have free garrisons with no limit on troops storage?
You're saying you at some point are afraid of the NPC lord in this game? You feel they need to be jailed?
Sounds like you never got'd good
The warband MC can be so massively overpowered that the AI kings can never fight back once you've reached a basic threshold of power.
I wish I could do that in Bannerlord.
I remember standing with my level 40 something char. holding a single ladder with my 80 archers against 2000+ enemies... they just kept on coming. it took a few hours, but once the battle was over, my real life fingers were far more bloody than my MC ever got :grin: (ps im pretty sure Bundok and Katrin were there aswell, they might have gotten a couple of 100 each)

I remember standing with my level 40 something char. holding a single ladder with my 80 archers against 2000+ enemies... they just kept on coming. it took a few hours, but once the battle was over, my real life fingers were far more bloody than my MC ever got :grin: (ps im pretty sure Bundok and Katrin were there aswell, they might have gotten a couple of 100 each)
I mean like all you needed was a lance and you could easily 1vAnything

Like as long as you had a lance this would be so easy even with no lance or just a seord you could 1v this

Back
Top Bottom