Debate or Discuss on The Economy right now - Pros, Cons and Ideas to make Calradia an better place

Users who are viewing this thread

By the way if you see any urgent / important problem please prove it by a video (focusing on problem only) and post video link and add a link to same game's uploaded save game it become great.

I know I wanted too much but if you make things that clear it can be fixed faster.

By the way if you see any urgent / important problem please prove it by a video (focusing on problem only) and post video link and add a link to same game's uploaded save game it become great.

I know I wanted too much but if you make things that clear it can be fixed faster.
I dont think there is anything urgent but if we find anything will definetly do

I will start keeping a notepad list of all issues brought up here so I can email it to him when he is ready, so give your ideas and suggestions and i will document them all and i will also continue my trader game to 6,000 days or so that way I have video evidence, so if there is a problem let me know around what day it becomes a problem so i can focus on it since all my videos get posted to Youtube and @mexxico is subscribed so he can easily watch them with a post and time stamp, this is an example of what I do for him,

Caravan profits at 4:30 in

This way he knows what video to watch, what time to go to, that way it saves him time

Last edited:
I will start keeping a notepad list of all issues brought up here so I can email it to him when he is ready, so give your ideas and suggestions and i will document them all
Hmm to me the biggest issues are already what you said which i assume you have already sent but will keep notice of any really weird quirks

I like how hard is to get money now but I dislike how much expensive equipment is. I think high tier equipment being so expensive does not bring any good for gameplay. I am tired to see how all my army is better equipped than I while I am the one who pays the wages.

Permanent death brings something interesting about taking care of characters but I just do not feel like a I want to waste tons of money on my companions equipment because it is a waste of effort.

Seriously, bring back Warband equipment system because it makes much more sense than this. I am able to get the highest tier armor in the first couple of days in Warband and this does no make the game less challenging or interesting.

Last edited:
I like how hard is to get money now but I dislike how much expensive equipment is. I think high tier equipment being so expensive does not bring any good for gameplay. I am tired to see how all my army is better equipped than I while I am the one who pays the wages.

Permanent death brings something interesting about taking care of characters but I just do not feel like a I want to waste tons of money on my companions equipment because it is a waste of effort.
I think getting back equipment from clan members that die is something we should have, although I am not sure it is mexxico's area of expertise, Arwa dying with a noble bow that gets lost is frustrating to say the least

making money isnt really that hard in my last Horse Archer videos I made 250k just fighting lords. and I can make 6-9k a day with just caravans and workshops not including my trading. But I find more of the problem that high level armor doesn't make you feel anymore tanky that stuff half the price, I think armor needs to be stronger at higher levels

Seriously, bring back Warband equipment system because it makes much more sense than this. I am able to get the highest tier armor in the first couple of days in Warband and this does no make the game less challenging or interesting.
I have no problem with the equipment being expensive. I mean you get lifetime insurance + you make so much money later anyways that you can buy anything you like. I was on a point many times where i could constantly buying full sets of t5-t6 armor to my whole company without even breaking a sweat.

At the beginning its hard ofc as it should or else your game exp would be so fast to reach the top gear...However if we turn this around with high rogue skills you can make fast money since you get really good equipment from fights. But well to be fair thats bandits income as well and should be respected for those bandit lords trying to make a living

making money isnt really that hard in my last Horse Archer videos I made 250k just fighting lords. and I can make 6-9k a day with just caravans and workshops not including my trading. But I find more of the problem that high level armor doesn't make you feel anymore tanky that stuff half the price, I think armor needs to be stronger at higher levels
Yeah true this but in warband normal mode which is the hardest mode even with plate armor some rocks could deal up to 15 damage

I think getting back equipment from clan members that die is something we should have, although I am not sure it is mexxico's area of expertise, Arwa dying with a noble bow that gets lost is frustrating to say the least

Well, I personally prefer cheaper equipment and losing it after deaths.

The problem is TW making high tier equipment feels like end game goal when it should not. Seeing how every unit in my army get high tier equipment while I am wearing a crap of armor makes not sense at all.

Economy issues as I see them:
  1. Players need more (obvious) feedback on why their workshops aren't making money. People are complaining about stuff like low profit from breweries when the town they are in and the nearby towns have minimal beer demand, for example. It should come with a big sign that says, "LACK OF DEMAND" so they can troubleshoot the issue themselves.
  2. There should be a way to intentionally stop or at least slow down prosperity gains in a settlement. Particularly with castles, because many of them are simply places to throw in a garrison but certain cities begin to hit the critical mass on prosperity to start affecting the world economy in a bad way -- I'm thinking of Vostrum or Sanala going up to 10,000 - 14,000 prosperity and causing food shortages elsewhere.
  3. Supporting villages that aren't bound to a town should still be displayed somewhere. A lot of players don't seem to realize that castle villages still feed into their towns under some conditions and it can be difficult to figure out unless you sit down and watch them.

I'm sure Bannerman Man has more details about stuff like resource allocation so I don't want to write on that, others as well with their own issues, but those are three that seem to affect player enjoyment and others haven't yet covered.

Why not? I really doubt that one guy would be able to do much against 15 enemies. Armor should not turn people into gods.

Economy issues as I see them:
  1. Players need more (obvious) feedback on why their workshops aren't making money. People are complaining about stuff like low profit from breweries when the town they are in and the nearby towns have minimal beer demand, for example. It should come with a big sign that says, "LACK OF DEMAND" so they can troubleshoot the issue themselves
  2. There should be a way to intentionally stop or at least slow down prosperity gains in a settlement. Particularly with castles, because many of them are simply places to throw in a garrison but certain cities begin to hit the critical mass on prosperity to start affecting the world economy in a bad way -- I'm thinking of Vostrum or Sanala going up to 10,000 - 14,000 prosperity and causing food shortages elsewhere.
  3. Supporting villages that aren't bound to a town should still be displayed somewhere. A lot of players don't seem to realize that castle villages still feed into their towns under some conditions and it can be difficult to figure out unless you sit down and watch them.

I'm sure Bannerman Man has more details about stuff like resource allocation so I don't want to write on that, others as well with their own issues, but those are three that seem to affect player enjoyment and others haven't yet covered.
not sure on your first issue,
second issue maybe make a medium of lets say 2500 prosperity as it get higher or lower than that, there is a modifier to it is harder to go really low or really high, let say when it reaches 5,000 then the modifier is only 50% effective that would make it harder for them to achieve that 10,000 mark
castle bound villages I have discussed in a different thread, first we need to know what town they are bound to, and one thing I don't like is a castle bound village delivering their good to another kingdoms town. It is my village in my kingdom it should take their goods to my nearest town

Why not? I really doubt that one guy would be able to do much against 15 enemies. Armor should not turn people into gods.
I should have clarified, I am on a horse shooting them with arrows, and do you think in the best armor in the game that 15 rocks thrown at me would take me down that are 10-20 meters away so they have lost velocity

He means that rocks can kill him while in full armour

Yes, I get his point but this is something what I have discussed a lot of times in the forum. Getting a plate armor in Warband and being able to kill 50 looters in melee while totally surrounded is something that I personally find wrong.

Back
Top Bottom