Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Warriors of Calradia

Welcome back for a new update on what we have planned for the upcoming weeks.

We are improving the mechanics for Archery and Throwing weapons, which will allow us to achieve weapon specific behaviour when it comes to readying up and aiming. This will allow us to create more unique feelling weapons and be able to adjust them independently rather than all together like in the last patch.

The AI is also getting many improvements to adjust to these new systems. Use of all Ranged Weapons are being improved by the AI, along with the ability to automatically switch weapons when the situation calls for it. We are expecting these improvements to remedy the major problems we have in Captain Mode at the moment, this is our number one priority.

Fixes to Cavalry Rearing behavior, adjustments to Crush Through and a fix to the Crush Through damage spike will be applied with the next patch.

We are also adding 2 New Maps to Captain Mode, along with adjustments and fixes to current maps. New Siege maps are also in various stages of development.

Many new core multiplayer features are getting added to the game such as Voice Chat, which will allow players on the same team to use their microphones to strategize, coordinate and cheer as they win their matches.

Another exciting new feature is the first iteration of the Observer Mode, which should enable players to watch ongoing matches.
Sound Occlusion will also be applied in a future patch to improve the overall experience.

We have had Skill Based Matchmaking active for some time now, and we are planning to take it further with the introduction of Ranked Mode, where players will have visible Matchmaking Ratings and Ranks depending on their performance in Skirmish and Captain Mode matches individually.

For everyone to train and prepare for the Ranked Mode, we will be introducing our new Duel Mode. The Duel Mode will be a casual mode for players to hop in and challenge other players in various uniquely built Duel Arenas with any class of their choice. Players will be able to train and improve their skills in all matchups, collect bounties as they defeat other players and make a name for themselves.

@AVRC
YES!!!!! FINALLY!!!! Almost every single problem I have with captain mode is getting worked on now!!! Thank you so much!

why do you insist on having crush through on so many 2handers? the community was very explicit and vocal it shouldnt be on weapons outside hammers, yet time and time again you guys try to force fit it, why cant you just give the weapons that have it an unbalanced trade with variable swing speeds for upper head attacks (the one for cts) and why cant it be only hammers? why always go against the community? dont you want the multiplayer to succeed too?

So my group has about 40ish in our teamspeak is there any gamemode other then siege that can support us ? Battle let us organize at spawn and play together siege just kinda of turns into a mess after awhile. Otherwise we will keep playing warband it doesn't need to be battle but for example Conquest would probably work just something that isn't as Chaotic as siege.

Sorry, but spears are fine the way they are right now. No need to do something about them.
I think Spears are at a good place right now. Effective against cavalry and useful in melee mostly as a support weapon.
I don't know if we are talking about the same thing.
Spears are in a good spot yes, but most infantry cannot spawn them anymore.
Long Spears is what most Inf get and the Long Spear is anything but "useful in melee mostly as a support weapon"

Nobody plays this weapon on foot because of various reasons.
This is more or less the truth when you talk about long spears I think. Its not worth to spawn the ultimate Cav-counter when you can never hold it in hand and even if you keep away from the fight to hold it the cav will not ride into you.

Any words on point 2 (and maybe 3?) of this thread?
Couch Lances now use the same formula for all thrusty,pointy weapons so the damage drop off at lower speed is technically working as intended. We might increase the base damage of lances to compensate but changing the damage calculation would also effect all spears and pikes as well.

The inconsistent hits might be network related, if we can see a clear problem in a reproducible way then we will fix it.

So when someones moving in the same direction as me, dealing more damage with a regular stab than with a couchlance is intended?
Why would I ever consider using a couchlance against anyone that isn't basically AFK then lol

Couch Lances now use the same formula for all thrusty,pointy weapons so the damage drop off at lower speed is technically working as intended. We might increase the base damage of lances to compensate but changing the damage calculation would also effect all spears and pikes as well.

The inconsistent hits might be network related, if we can see a clear problem in a reproducible way then we will fix it.
That would be good, lances are not that viable currently compared to spears with about the same length, its slower, way less handling and deals the same damage . Performing couch lances is now often not worth the risk, because the damage has been nerfed.

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing.
Spears are in a good spot yes, but most infantry cannot spawn them anymore.
Long Spears is what most Inf get and the Long Spear is anything but "useful in melee mostly as a support weapon"

This is more or less the truth when you talk about long spears I think. Its not worth to spawn the ultimate Cav-counter when you can never hold it in hand and even if you keep away from the fight to hold it the cav will not ride into you.
exactly this. Have the ones that say spears are allright tried playing with 2h spear? It's so easy to counter, that it's just not worth the effort.

also, you are not good against cav, you are good against horses. Thats a difference.

On Squirmish:
I don't play skirmish, therefore i don't know. Are there really people that play spear without shield?

Just a random suggestion for a deathmatch mode, having all factions available to the players would be pretty cool to see. In warband we only got two factions fighting each other, it would be better if all the factions would be available.

@AVRC @Callum I don't know if you have glanced at it yet but I ran a poll in a multiplayer thread asking people how they felt about crushthrough and how they think that TW should proceed in dealing with it. Well first of all here is the link:

Now that you've seen it for certain you will notice that the majority of the multiplayer community would like to see the crushthrough feature for 2-handers removed from at least multiplayer portion of the game and I would personally like to recommend that you do that. It has done nothing towards the betterment of the player experience and consistently punishes skilled players for making the correct moves in combat. Do as you may with this information as I'm sure you will, and I guess well see what the result of it is.

@AVRC @Callum I don't know if you have glanced at it yet but I ran a poll in a multiplayer thread asking people how they felt about crushthrough and how they think that TW should proceed in dealing with it. Well first of all here is the link:

Now that you've seen it for certain you will notice that the majority of the multiplayer community would like to see the crushthrough feature for 2-handers removed from at least multiplayer portion of the game and I would personally like to recommend that you do that. It has done nothing towards the betterment of the player experience and consistently punishes skilled players for making the correct moves in combat. Do as you may with this information as I'm sure you will, and I guess well see what the result of it is.
While I agree that crushthrough is a bad mechanic as is and would like to see it removed, no poll done on the forum has any actual weight. Polls like this should be asked ingame where everyone can easily access and answer it.
Speaking for myself, theres only been a handfull of game forums I've ever bothered looking at, and I've played games since infancy.

While I agree that crushthrough is a bad mechanic as is and would like to see it removed, no poll done on the forum has any actual weight. Polls like this should be asked ingame where everyone can easily access and answer it.
Speaking for myself, theres only been a handfull of game forums I've ever bothered looking at, and I've played games since infancy.
I agree with you but I honestly don't how we can do a general ingame poll with the current state of development, so this is the best we have, and besides if you go to any PvP gamemode right now its nothing but 2-hander crushthrough fest, so honestly I would predict that the majority of players would like to see it go

We are planning to enable reflective friendly fire, you take most of the FF damage you deal, for siege to make engagements more meaningful. That should help with weapons like the menavlion being too effective.

We are aware of being able to reach G by jumping with the horse, that will be fixed
I am really happy to hear that. Self reflective damage would also help stop battanians from archer spamming into melee fights.

You didnt mention anything about khuzaits. How do you plan to fix them? Rabble class has so low armour and weapons, people have to choose between armour and sword perk. Shouldnt their cavalry be cheaper than others? Especially they shouldn't have the worst light cavalry in game.
Sturgia, aserai, vlandia get their light cavalry for same 130 denar price, yet have horse and soldier armour perks. Its ridiculous that khuzaits have the worst among them.

nice balance changes, but I was still expecting some server news, such as custom servers, server mod downloads and for the love of god one SA server

voicechat is cool though, I bet a lot of people have their soundboard ready and I'll be pumping some hardcore beats for their teammates to enjoy when it releases (not complaining)
I second this please add atleast one SA server or option to create private servers its really frustrating to fight people with 1-50 ping with my 160 ping T_T

I agree with you but I honestly don't how we can do a general ingame poll with the current state of development, so this is the best we have, and besides if you go to any PvP gamemode right now its nothing but 2-hander crushthrough fest, so honestly I would predict that the majority of players would like to see it go
Yeah theres nothing we can do really, Taleworld will have to take the initiative

I don't think it should go. They should spend more time optimizing the feature. Trust the process.
I'm sorry but for the most part they've lost my trust and patience. Only 2 reasons I made the poll was to show the devs how the community feels and also to prevent myself from going on a rant and getting another warning about "inappropriate language"

Back
Top Bottom