TALEWORLDS - ENOUGH TO SIMPLIFY STATE NAMES AND LORD TITLES. THIS IS NONSENSE! (VOTE)

Do you agree that titles and full names of states should return to the game?

• Yes, the titles and full names of states more clearly reflect the difference in the political struct

Votes: 87 89.7%
  • No, I don’t have enough primitive and simplified names

Votes: 10 10.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I do agree that it would be much better if all the factions and vassals had their proper names and titles. I strongly dislike the simplification. It makes the factions and characters feel more commonoplace.
Who cares about some "Raganvald"? Who is this dirty bloke? Ah, the "Grand Prince Raganvald of the Great Principality of Sturgia"? Nah, just the "Leader of Sturgia"...
Boring, bland, pedestrian.
Perfect!:sneaky:(y) even if this sarcasm is said very correctly, this is how the game should be. (y)

I might agree with this, but honestly, its such a minor thing I wouldn't want them to prioritize it over more important things.

This will happen

but with mods.

They even simplified kingdom banners because it was too "complicated", complicated for casual gamers. This will also confuse casual gamers, so won't happen in vanilla.

This will happen

but with mods.

They even simplified kingdom banners because it was too "complicated", complicated for casual gamers. This will also confuse casual gamers, so won't happen in vanilla.
Hm Can I tell you more about simplifying banners?
I just haven't heard about it, but it's interesting to find out what's wrong with them.

I just haven't heard about it, but it's interesting to find out what's wrong with them.

They used to look like this, in Warband:
latest

Every lord had their own and there weren't faction standard colors. Obviously, that made it pretty hard to play without overhead icons once lords started defecting and you couldn't rely on troop culture to sort friend from foe.

I think it was 2018 or 2019. A Turkish gaming-journalist youtube channel made an interview with Armagan in 2018 or 2019 gamescom. They asked about removed features, Armagan said we simplified banners because the player couldn't understand what is going on the map, caravans villagers passing etc.

I agree that things should be changed but I think it should be changed to this instead:

Countries:

Calradian Empire (Southern, Northern, Western)
Kingdom of Sturgia
Kingdom of Vlandia
Kingdom of Tribes of Battania
Aserai Sultanate (or Emirate)
Khuzait Horde (or Kaganate)

Lords:

in Sturgia - Thane, Lenderman, Jarl (leader King)
in Vlandia - Baron, Count, Duke (leader - King)
In Battania - Lord, Count, Duke (leader - King)
In the Empire - Archon, Count, Duke (leader - Empress, Lord-Senator, Warlord - for (South, North, West)
in Aserai - (and one other rank) Shiek, Emir (leader - The Sultan, Caliph)
to Khuzait - (and two other ranks) Noyon, (leader - Khan or analogy of the king among the Huns)

This will happen

but with mods.

Although we are moving away from the topic, but with regard to banners, I will say this - the main flags are made perfectly, the flags of States I mean, they could be made with great details, but this is delicious

As for the sub-faction flags, they are really weak here, but I think the developers will redo them when more sub-faction interactions are added at the role level. It's the same with full names of States and titles of lords - developers understand this and will redo it when the time comes.:xf-smile:

They used to look like this, in Warband:
latest

Every lord had their own and there weren't faction standard colors. Obviously, that made it pretty hard to play without overhead icons once lords started defecting and you couldn't rely on troop culture to sort friend from foe.
Such flags are ideal for The feudal Dark middle ages (which is represented in Warband) but not for late antiquity and the earliest middle ages in Bannelord, so the developers are doing the right thing in this case, but as I pointed out in the answers above, the clan flags could be made more saturated, but I assume that the developers will touch on this when more interaction is added within and between clans.

Back
Top Bottom