Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Duel mode sounds cool, but I need more details to be convinced. When you say any class, is it any class from ALL factions or just from 1 faction? Will there be regen after a duel ends? How do you plan on dealing with trolls? Will the new duel maps have a flat ground unlike all other maps or will it be annoying to fight because of annoying rocks and details all over the place? Will there be a teleport option when two people are in a duel? Will there be a proper duel request (like pressing f)? Can you cancel a duel, to avoid trolls? There are so much stuff that you need to address for it to look interesting.
  • Any class from any faction
  • You get refreshed before/after duel
  • Players are teleported to closed Duel Arenas where no one can interfere. No fighting outside of Arenas.
  • Arenas are quite flat, Archery Arenas have some small bumps and props for cover.
  • You challenge with F, you can accept/reject challenges.

• Any class from any faction
  • You get refreshed before/after duel
  • Players are teleported to closed Duel Arenas where no one can interfere. No fighting outside of Arenas.
  • Arenas are quite flat, Archery Arenas have some small bumps and props for cover.
  • You challenge with F, you can accept/reject challenges.
Can we cancel a duel when it starts? If not, I can already see the trolls who teamkill right now run away forever with a peasant class.
Also, did you just start to work on this or is it coming "soon", like how soon can we expect it?

Can we cancel a duel when it starts? If not, I can already see the trolls who teamkill right now run away forever with a peasant class.
Also, did you just start to work on this or is it coming "soon", like how soon can we expect it?
There is a time limit for Duels and the arenas are quite small so you can probably kill them unless you wanted to melee duel in a cavalry arena or something. If someone trolls, you can report them and not duel them again.

It will have its first playtesting this week, so it is quite complete already. Polishing and fixing bugs will take some time though.

AVRC said that it can't happen - you can't fight outside the arena, and after you accept a duel you get teleported to an arena with no one else present. Im guessing you mean people may just hit you once then run around the map waiting for the timer to reduce, or until you leave so they can win the duel.

AVRC said that it can't happen - you can't fight outside the arena, and after you accept a duel you get teleported to an arena with no one else present. Im guessing you mean people may just hit you once then run around the map waiting for the timer to reduce, or until you leave so they can win the duel.
I am talking about people requesting for duels and delaying until you leave the duel. But if there is a timer it's fine. (2 mins should be fine since duel don't take long in bannerlord)

Also @AVRC is there an unlimited amount of arenas or do we have to wait for another duo to finish their duel?
Can we watch others duel?

Voice Chat, which will allow players on the same team
F*ck yes. Finally.

Though please do Channel setting>
1. Proximity (including both team and enemy players). I want to intimidate enemy players too, which would add up so much fun to Bannerlord. I can already see them running away as soon as they hear my passive aggressive threats. Also, proximity voice for those hardcore realistic sim servers we will have one day.
2. Team (for skirmish/captain).
3. Squad for sieges and future battles etc, since team voice chat would be overwhelming with 60 players per team.

giphy.gif

I am talking about people requesting for duels and delaying until you leave the duel. But if there is a timer it's fine. (2 mins should be fine since duel don't take long in bannerlord)

Also @AVRC is there an unlimited amount of arenas or do we have to wait for another duo to finish their duel?
Can we watch others duel?
There is a limited amount of arenas, there are more Infantry arenas. You can pick a type of Arena (inf,cav,rng) and be placed into the nearest empty one. You can also pick a specific arena but you will put into another one if it is already full. Adjusting the map for Arena counts is easy, so we will see how it goes, if a certain type or Arena is not enough, we will add some more.

Yes you can walk around and watch other Duels.

With no crush through most 2h handed weapons will be relegated to non existant like Warband. While some should never be able to (menavlions), other like the voulge need it to compete with other proper two handed like axes or swords. And why restrict it to hammers? That's a stupid convention from Warband that makes no sense to keep.
The crush on hammers was completely fine. It were unique weapons with a very low weapon speed but had the advantage of having crush.

It's what the game is supposed to offer you, compromises. Which the game lacks.

I hope you fix the balance issues in captain's mode with this new ranged mechanic. Archers are literally nonviable now in a competitive environment. New maps sound sweet, good to see some love at last, the only map change to Captain's Mode since launch was the removal of the city map, lol. But please, remove those annoying bushes that cause horses to stop in their tracks when they crash into them, that was an unnecessary addition. And please, listen to what the Captain's League community have to say. Ling has gathered a comprehensive list of what the most recurrent complaints and reasonable additions to the mode would be, and he is in constant communication with your multiplayer devs (at least one of them), though our feedback, it would seem, goes largely unheard.

Captain's mode needs more love. It is what makes this game unique, there are many other games which have what you call skirmish mode, Mordhau and Chivalry just to name a couple, yet Captain's Mode is a novel concept unique to Bannerlord/Taleworlds games. Take advantage of your niche and make it awesome. I love your game and supported you since day one, and will continue to do so, but please polish this diamond to shine as bright as we all know it can. Thanks.

These sound pretty sweet and the duel mode sounds cool, definitely more than I was expecting for it. Still a bit sketchy on crush-through as it just feels bad taking damage after pulling off a successful block but I'll see how it goes after adjusting.

I hope you fix the balance issues in captain's mode with this new ranged mechanic. Archers are literally nonviable now in a competitive environment. New maps sound sweet, good to see some love at last, the only map change to Captain's Mode since launch was the removal of the city map, lol. But please, remove those annoying bushes that cause horses to stop in their tracks when they crash into them, that was an unnecessary addition. And please, listen to what the Captain's League community have to say. Ling has gathered a comprehensive list of what the most recurrent complaints and reasonable additions to the mode would be, and he is in constant communication with your multiplayer devs (at least one of them), though our feedback, it would seem, goes largely unheard.

Captain's mode needs more love. It is what makes this game unique, there are many other games which have what you call skirmish mode, Mordhau and Chivalry just to name a couple, yet Captain's Mode is a novel concept unique to Bannerlord/Taleworlds games. Take advantage of your niche and make it awesome. I love your game and supported you since day one, and will continue to do so, but please polish this diamond to shine as bright as we all know it can. Thanks.
I am the person you are mentioning and we are already working on most of the items provided by the Captain's League community.
To summarize the list provided

1. New Maps ✅
2. Ranged AI Improvements ✅
3. Separate Balance for Captain Mode - Needs a bit more time for a proper solution
4. Melee AI weapon selection improvements ✅
5. Mirror Match outfits are too similar - Being discussed
6. More class variety and perk options for Captain Mode - Needs a bit more time for a proper solution
7. Win Rate Balance ✅ - We will make more aggressive and frequent adjustments
8. Flag position Adjustments - Forwarded to Map designers
9. New formations - Maybe Later
10. Ranged weapons and arrows should deal more damage to shields - Rejected

Back
Top Bottom