Siege was dead and this last update killed Captain

Users who are viewing this thread

I know this game is in Early access, there are lots of things to do and to be worked on but i feel i have to say this since the mod I most enjoyed was ruined with this last update.

I'm an avid captain player, have been playing it for months and my clan and I are all regulars, all of us have over 1000 wins and we play it every day, however with this last update we noticed a massive decrease of people playing captain, to the point where we struggle to find a match our selfs, this lead to our team stop searching and being demotivated to play it, and the reason behind all this was the changes made with the last update.

The ranged units classes were completely destroyed and made useless, they are slow in shooting and very inaccurate, if they were kinda "meh" before the update now they are plain bad and no one is using them.

The skirmish units that throw axes, javelins, pilas, spears etc, also got super slow and innacurate. I remember I used to have fun throwing stuff at my enemy now forget it. I can't hit someone standing in front of me standing still, its easier for me to land a hit by doing a 360 no scope with a bow than with a throwing axe or pila

Cav A.I is dumb, if you press f1+f3 they just go around the map doing nothing and end up getting themselves killed.

Some units with less armour run slower than some units with more armour, how is this a thing???

Since the archer and skirmish class are useless now, the captain scene is made of fighting units and cav, just that, no strategies no nothing just plain f1+f3

(May the faction with better units win?)
And there are many more stuff that got worse with the update but i'm not mentioning.

I enjoyed the update to Battania since they were the worst faction (Battania cav is still garbage and a joke tho), right now i would just leave the update you did to Battania and reverse almost every change you did to the shooting bows, throwing stuff, unit speed etc.

Just do something because i feel since people are turn off by the update they'll end up leaving skirmish too.

(Sorry for the bad english)

Last edited:
I agree 100% with FARIAS! Since the EA release there have been a million updates, BUT, not one single one of them is targeted to make Captain mode better!! We don't get any new maps in Cap mode, and have to play the same 3 maps over and over and over again. And after archers have been totally destroyed by the horror update 1.5.0, captain mode have become so so boring play. And that's a big problem for me and others that ONLY play cap mode...I wonder if the dev's at TW even play their own game...PLZ, revert the 1.5.0 balance fixes in captain mode back to 1.4.x!!!! ASAP plz!

The devs dont understand that they have to balance the modes different. The balances they made was for skirmish because Archers and skirmishers was to OP. I do however agree that archers need a cool down because I've played so many games captain where the archers just run, turn around shoot, run turn around shoot in eternity.

But alot of the changes made in the last update was made for skirmish and they have no thought about Captain and they just roled it out for all modes.

Lets not get started on the two handed units like menavlion or berserker units. Captain mode has become a **** fest with both teams going full two handed class and just rushing. This needs to be fixed.

We are aware of the situation with Captain's mode.

Adjustments to Archery and Throwables are almost complete along with AI Improvements.
We will get it out to live as soon as possible.

Adjustments to Archery and Throwables are almost complete along with AI Improvements.
THX!!! That makes me a little more calm. Can't wait to play archers again....after the adjustments

The devs dont understand that they have to balance the modes different. The balances they made was for skirmish because Archers and skirmishers was to OP. I do however agree that archers need a cool down because I've played so many games captain where the archers just run, turn around shoot, run turn around shoot in eternity.

But alot of the changes made in the last update was made for skirmish and they have no thought about Captain and they just roled it out for all modes.

Lets not get started on the two handed units like menavlion or berserker units. Captain mode has become a **** fest with both teams going full two handed class and just rushing. This needs to be fixed.
If you are inf and want to run archers down from far away in the 1.4.x version, then you are going to have a hard time. Its not impossible to do, but you need to be a very good inf player to do so. And Its not easy at all to kill a group of shields 1v1 with archers, if the inf player knows how to use a shieldwall. That's why archers need to work together with flanking shots. But, if the inf group gets a little support from a cav player, then archers are dead! You don't like how 2h units is dominating cap mode? That's why we need archers to counter them, 1.4.x archers! They could deal with them easy! The 1.5.0 archers can't even kill 1 group of 2h charging from far far away.

The ranged units classes were completely destroyed and made useless, they are slow in shooting and very inaccurate, if they were kinda "meh" before the update now they are plain bad and no one is using them.

The skirmish units that throw axes, javelins, pilas, spears etc, also got super slow and innacurate. I remember I used to have fun throwing stuff at my enemy now forget it. I can't hit someone standing in front of me standing still, its easier for me to land a hit by doing a 360 no scope with a bow than with a throwing axe or pila

This is what killed the game, nobody plays anymore, and thjey wont come back, all the time everyone committed to getting their timing right were ****ed over

When this patch happened i couldn't play the game anymore, and now i don't want to, because it just feels broken

Everyone should come play conquerors blade instead, it's the co op version of bannerlord and so much better in everywhere, on top of that has an open map like bannerlord and is an mmorpg.

Hope to see the update earlier this week.

Please consider a test match with community clans before going live when you make drastic changes. We will be happy to assist. This has been a very bad 2 weeks for captain players and of course TW. Thanks for your efforts, good luck on the next update.

Nice, captain mode needs some love! Feels like it's a forgotten gamemode. Even tho it would be the most unique competetive gamemode in the market.

Back
Top Bottom