What are you doing

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly. Whats going on.
a MONTH ago, we got e1.5.0 after waiting for it for 2-3 months. while it did improve some things, balance is in ****ing shambles.
-twohanders, especially empire and vlandian, are brokenly op
-horsearchers get 50 arrows and no accuracy penalty like normal archers do
-throwing still does stupid amounts of damage, especially when cav is involved (be it as a target or throwing themselves)
-cavalry can be reared from behind
-couch lances sometimes deal 40 damage if the target is running away from the cavalry
etc.

Some of these have been confirmed as not intended, most of these issues should be hotfixable - yet NOTHING has happened. not even on beta branch.

this games multiplayer has a lot of issues (the ones listed above are really mostly NEW ones, and ONLY relates to issues showing up in skirmish), and now you have added even more to the list and arent doing anything to fix it. its maddening. "its early access" is not an excuse to ignore issues for upwards of a month while theres still patches coming out for singleplayer.

this is insulting.

Last edited:
OFFICIAL TALEWORLDS STATEMENT:

Hey, Empire and Vlandia are our favorite factions. Therefore, menavlions won't be fixed and crossbows won't be fixed.
Thanks for reading.

Your dear,

Soon

It's hard to still have any hope that the MP of the game will do a magic 180 at release. I keep playing with the tiniest sliver of hope that things will improve, but that already tiny sliver is diminishing by the hour.

Things need to happen. Rapidly, or the MP is going to be a niche within a niche. And not things like "adjusting crush through on 2h", but things like "removing crush through on every weapon except hammers/mauls, which we made really slow for balance".

Still waiting on in-game main menu polls on issues for quick feedback etc.

Why can some weapons still do 100+ dmg per swing/throw? Why can an archer pull out a 2h sword in melee with higher DPS than an infantry? WHY?

what is going onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The coolest thing about 1.5 is being put in matches that are at 0-2 and not even being able to spawn. That's how terrible matchmaking is. Great job TW.
You worked for 8 months for this result!

One of the issues I came along with the Matchmaking actually trying to sort people is that you have to wait forever in a lobby of 3v3 or smth until the warmup runs out. Then people get filled in. If you are unlucky, just one side gets the extra manpower. Not really sure whats wrong there, but it's annoying to say the least and if the system is not working it's destroying the game lobby before it even started by 3v6 or smth else crazy.

On top of this:

Public games start 3v3 very often because the matchfinder tries to balance now. Many people are not up for waiting these 3 minutes of warm up and quit before, especially if the matchfinder has the brilliant idea to stack 3 EA badge dudes on one side and you already see DM, KW, DoF and RM stacked on the other side, because, you know, that's fair matchmaking, put these 4 dudes obv not in a group together in one team with their combined 8k wins (I conclude about no group affiliation because they're put into the match in the warmup time...) or something and let them fight against publics with combined 200.
One game was especially glorious where I was actually keen on waiting and just see more beginners getting assigned to my team while the other side gets assigned the before mentioned clan-dudes. I mean, I like a challenge, but this is no challenge, this game will be a massacre. But maybe that's how the matchfinder works and my MMR is way higher than that of Hairless and Manoire combined, didn't know that yet lol.
Even more fun: I found a good game after not waiting 3 minutes on it and what happens? Crash. I mean... I get it aswell... But come on. If it's a 30% gamble on a good game in public and I am crashing still regularly, then yeah... People experiencing the same and not being diehard fans will just leave. And "fixing, hard work and patches" in the end will not really repair this if players are driven out the same pace new people join the franchise.

If it would be only a one time experience, I'd be willing to tolerate, but this comes now on top of the already mentioned stack problem (why should they dissolve if the matchfinder is mixing up so glorious teams like mentioned before)

Or - and this is even more stupid - one team gets all the manpower and the others are forced to start with 3. And no extra gold, if the lobby bugs out.

Then we have Port at Omor, which got introduced, bugs are pointed out and we had to say goodbye again. I mean... Yeah, I get it. It has to be fixed. But when will it come back? March 2021? Hopefully next patch I guess.

Horse Archery and Archery in public as well are still plain boring, if I wanna play a shooter, I'll do that, but the moment Khuzait appears you can bet on 3+ archers because there is no alternative to it because the developers had the brilliant idea for whatever reason to take away Khuzait's triple spawn inf. Btw, every other faction has some light inf to reliably spawn triple, just khuzait does not and no, rabble's not counting. And no, it's not "fUn GaMePlAy" and requires "GoOd TaCtIcS" or something like that, it's plain annoying, nothing more.

Cru$hthrough is an entirely different story to talk about, community didn't want it, testers warned about it, it gets introduced anyway "don't worry" and these adjustments are not going to fix the underlying issue if TW doesn't have the balls to admit that giving crushthrough to weapons faster or of similar speed then onehanded swords is a bad idea to begin with. And yeah, I've seen "the adjustments", instead of instakilling everything you now take 3-4 overhead hits to crush through and do the same regardless.

The current state of 2h is absolutely bizarre. They're incredibly spammable, the arc on them is huge, they have crushthrough, some seem to stun shields with quick attacks, the classes that spawn with them have greater mobility and lots of ranged weaponry, and they do lots of damage.

Throwing dmg is extremely random tbh. It can one-shot someone or do like 20 dmg, even if he is on the ground or not
Ya but I think it is the inconsistancy that makes it alright, I mostly use them simply to throw an enemy off balance or give myself the edge before engaging, and I usually never 1 shot anyone unless I hit someone in the head with a pila or if cav is full speed charging me

I really liked 1.5 in the beta branch but that was cause people still played it like it was 1.4.3 and not abusing all the new broken ****.

I’m taking an indefinite break from Bannerlord, I can’t really find it fun at all anymore. At some point in these last couple of weeks the game stopped making sense to me anymore, and it’s resulted in me sucking big time and if Taleworlds intention was to make the game fun for people who suck then it’s ****ing not.

Also realising I put so much time into Bannerlord because I literally had nothing else I wanted to play, since I reinstalled League and caught up on some other games I don’t even miss it.

I really liked 1.5 in the beta branch but that was cause people still played it like it was 1.4.3 and not abusing all the new broken ****.

I’m taking an indefinite break from Bannerlord, I can’t really find it fun at all anymore. At some point in these last couple of weeks the game stopped making sense to me anymore, and it’s resulted in me sucking big time and if Taleworlds intention was to make the game fun for people who suck then it’s ****ing not.

Also realising I put so much time into Bannerlord because I literally had nothing else I wanted to play, since I reinstalled League and caught up on some other games I don’t even miss it.
begone boomer

AVRC said he'll release some sort of timeline regarding some sort of fix or the next update today. To be honest this is probably make or break time for whether MP ever stands a chance of survival, so I hope he's got something good for us.

Back
Top Bottom