We need alliances

Users who are viewing this thread

That is not nice... mexxico is the last person you should ask passive aggressive questions.

All of us sometimes criticise TaleWorlds, but there is a big difference in being snarky and being constructive, as there are boundaries in ways of expressing your critisism we all should obey in order for developers to feel comfortable coming to the forums and interacting, which can only benefit the game and the players.

If they are met with a hostile enviroment, that just hurts every party involved.

I think Marriage alliances could be a thing, unites not only the royal blood but can stregthen a Kigdom forces enormously or save one Kingdom of certain death..
Alliences with Trade routes as well...
The Alliance system can only bring advantages and how to penalty?

Well, treachurous actions, for example, if a Kingdom didn't lift a finger to make its end of the deal, by taking soldiers to help in battles and sieges, by not sending relief armies when its allies needed.. Losing relations point between ruler clans..Not attacking common enemies armies, by signing a partial agreement with the enemy which promised his Allies to go to war against

Is there an conspiracy thread ?!! Sign me in please. I like to dwell in the unknown

You have to go pretty deep for those but if you're looking for a usual conspiracy you can go to the peope who make ****posts activity feed and its pretty easy to find a few
Ill go pretty deep then with ctrl+f on the forums and connect the hidden dots...thnx for the advice

Ill go pretty deep then with ctrl+f on the forums and connect the hidden dots...thnx for the advice
No worries but not only on bannerlord can you find them anywhere on the forums actually i have went pretty deep here and you can find funny ,weird, stupid, conspirative and helpful threads

Also here is another tip:Search up bannerlord or warband sucks or a waste of money or just taleworlds stole our money and you'll find a few gems or just conspirative titles usually in the bannerlord and warband sucks ones you can find the conspiracy in the comments

Alliances could work. Factions use influence to flex and call other members into army or change votes. Similarly, there should be a pool of kingdom influence for inter-kingdom diplomacy. Spend kingdom influence to enact trade deals, or for a short time call an army from allied kingdom to war.

The power of the army they pledge would be depend on influence and money spent. Other factors that would contribute are relative military power of kingdom and if they are at war. Depending on these kingdoms will not agree or $ and kingdom influence would be too high. Assembled allied armies would burn kingdom influence and disband once depleted.

Inclusion of trade deals would remove ability of caravans to do business in towns outside of native kingdom unless trade deal is in place. Alternately a buff for those w trade deal or nerf for those without. Maybe instead kingdoms get additional coin for every caravan from trading partner kingdoms. Lending armies and having multiple trade deals could allow kingdoms prevent wars and possibly stabilize the map.

There also needs to be kingdom opinion to determine likelihood of war / peace, alliance and trade. This should factor recent wars, current trade deals, popular opinion, faction leader opinion, shared boarder, common enemy. Pool of influence would be be gained from defending other kingdoms, releasing lords, engaging with enemies, winning wars, capturing towns and cities, marriage.

Longterm alliances between powerful kingdoms must be prevented. This is why more short term negotiations that require finite influence are needed. Trade deals, army lending are viable short term options for inter-kingdom diplomacy.

About critisisms :

Yes it is late for deciding adding that big features. Sometimes I think how we can add alliances feature and I realize different problems. Thats why I cannot join discussions for now. I need to think all problems all together. For example : what will be side effects or costs of announcing a new alliance, what will happen if one alliance is ended - suddenly war peace calculation scores will change and this will trigger new wars to start, so there will be more war peace declerations (which is not good for stability of game / bad for gameplay). How will be diplomacy screen ui for allied factions? What will happen when alliance is declared if there are existing wars or tribute payments including factions which declared alliance. There are tons of different problems and we need to find answers to them before start coding. Also if we can not solve these problems in a good way we cannot add this feature thats why I cannot give 100% guarentee for adding alliances feature for now.

I wish we had all game design 8 years ago (when we start this project) and we follow that design document. Probably we could finish game sooner if that kind of development is followed. If this was the case all these problems would be already solved. We are trying to add features one by one and this is not best way to create a detailed game like Bannerlord because all different features are connected each other and we should think all together not one by one. Adding features one by one is dangerous (can broke existing mechanics). However Warband is also developed that way too and be a great game. But even Warband example I think this is hard way to develop a game.

Actually I am not diplomacy guy also, my responsible areas are generally campaign ai, army and party ai, economy / trade, recruit systems, food / money management of parties / clans. I did not worked at diplomacy features for Warband also. It was obvious diplomacy side of Bannerlord was very weak and players want developments at diplomacy so I wanted to help development at August started examining these parts. However I am not real owner of these parts. Critisisms are right but they are not helping our current situation.

Last edited:
About critisisms :

Yes it is late for deciding adding that big features. Sometimes I think how we can add alliances feature and I realize different problems. Thats why I cannot join discussions for now. I need to think all problems all together. For example : what will be side effects or costs of announcing a new alliance, what will happen if one alliance is ended - suddenly war peace calculation scores will change and this will trigger new wars to start, so there will be more war peace declerations (which is not good for stability of game). How will be diplomacy screen ui for allied factions? What will happen when alliance is declared if there are existing wars or tribute payments including factions which declared alliance. There are tons of different problems and we need to find answers to them before start coding.

I wish we had all game design 8 years ago (when we start this project) and we follow that design document. Probably we could finish game sooner if that kind of development is followed. If this was the case all these problems would be already solved. We are trying to add features one by one and this is not best way to create a detailed game like Bannerlord because all different features are connected each other and we should think all together not one by one.

Actually I am not diplomacy guy also, my responsible areas are generally campaign ai, army and party ai, economy / trade, recruit systems, food / money management of parties / clans. I did not worked at diplomacy features for Warband also. It was obvious diplomacy side of Bannerlord was very weak and players want developments at diplomacy so I wanted to help development at August started examining these parts. However I am not real owner of these parts.
Honestly i understand this and i have said before in many other posts that in general these features intertwine with each other and changing one part drastically can absolutely destroy development but its what you did EA for so we can test out these new features and help so if there is anything you can do is let us test and help it is what it is and what has happened already happened and right now what we want is a better game letting us as players test these features in a seperate beta branch or just in the regular one and find bugs could work and it would be muchasier then hiring actual play testers.

Or just in general give stats and changes since some things seem good in premise but bad in the actual game.

About critisisms :

Yes it is late for deciding adding that big features. Sometimes I think how we can add alliances feature and I realize different problems. Thats why I cannot join discussions for now. I need to think all problems all together. For example : what will be side effects or costs of announcing a new alliance, what will happen if one alliance is ended - suddenly war peace calculation scores will change and this will trigger new wars to start, so there will be more war peace declerations (which is not good for stability of game / bad for gameplay). How will be diplomacy screen ui for allied factions? What will happen when alliance is declared if there are existing wars or tribute payments including factions which declared alliance. There are tons of different problems and we need to find answers to them before start coding. Also if we can not solve these problems in a good way we cannot add this feature thats why I cannot give 100% guarentee for adding alliances feature for now.

I wish we had all game design 8 years ago (when we start this project) and we follow that design document. Probably we could finish game sooner if that kind of development is followed. If this was the case all these problems would be already solved. We are trying to add features one by one and this is not best way to create a detailed game like Bannerlord because all different features are connected each other and we should think all together not one by one. Adding features one by one is dangerous (can broke existing mechanics).

Actually I am not diplomacy guy also, my responsible areas are generally campaign ai, army and party ai, economy / trade, recruit systems, food / money management of parties / clans. I did not worked at diplomacy features for Warband also. It was obvious diplomacy side of Bannerlord was very weak and players want developments at diplomacy so I wanted to help development at August started examining these parts. However I am not real owner of these parts. Critisisms are right but they are not helping our current situation.

Well, it's something to think about no doubt, the game development... But, out of curiosity: what you think might happens, if add several features at once at this moment? If you guys decide to implement many features on the next big patch?

I believe Trade agreements between Kingdom would help a lot to ratify treaties on Alliance, which would be burden to break all them, resulting in negotive diplomatic points..That's how I thought about, tiein the Diplomacy around many others features and aspects of the game, if such thing is possible.

How long in instability the game would be?

Last edited:
If something like alliances is beyond what TW is able to do at this point I think they should just go into making shoes or something and stop producing games. This is 2020, this is not 1990.

hey they made great games in the 90s... heck even more interesting then todays standards where battle royal seems like the most innovated thing that ever happened to mankind

If something like alliances is beyond what TW is able to do at this point I think they should just go into making shoes or something and stop producing games. This is 2020, this is not 1990.

I kinda agree lol. Pretty dissapointing to hear all this. Hopefully we will get at least a succession/separatism feature, but my hopes have surely been squashed. Actually more like reality has sinked in...

maxresdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom