Why isn't the AI kicking and using the shield bash in combat?

Users who are viewing this thread

As well as Ducking - a HUGE part of all combat
Sometimes they do perform a gem of a move

ezgif.com-crop.gif

I've seen shield bashes and kicks only from high level lords in tournaments. I think they require a certain level of 1 handed or 2 handed or athleticism to perform kicks and bashes.

btw way, ducking would be really cool thing for battania in high grass in forest. For ambushes. But sadly it don't work like this

Thats been my formal request for Taleworlds for ages -a real Line of Sight system for AI so they would actually have to perceive each other on the battlefield allowing for things like terrain hiding and ambush. Instant next level gaming

I think he wasn't picking anything because the stop dead and the animation is longer when picking something up.
Nevertheless looks cool as he was running

I've seen shield bashes and kicks only from high level lords in tournaments. I think they require a certain level of 1 handed or 2 handed or athleticism to perform kicks and bashes.
Honestly I'd be fine if weapon skill remained a requirement for the AI. It just needs to be lowered / reworked to where we can encounter it in regular field battles (against a skilled unit, of course).

While I don't see it happening, I'd also love to see an actual crouch/dodge mechanic implemented. For example: pressing crouch while moving makes the player duck for a second before popping back up

Wish all of this could be implemented indeed, otherwise in SP all of those features feel more like a cheat that the player can abuse for easy wins.

I have wondered about this too. It MUST be implemented for fair fight against the AI. The fights are abusable enough already.

Back
Top Bottom