We need alliances

Users who are viewing this thread

lukaseee

Recruit
Why there`s no alliances ingame? That would be amazing, imaging have allies that defending you and fight with you.

It would be amazing, also they are thinking about it
It seems nobody is sleeping today:smile:

I am thinking all these stuff for a while too. Instead of nerfing Khuzait bonuses it seems real solution to all these problems can be alliances. Let leave game start unbalanced and if one faction start to be a problem for others (capture their settlements) they (at least two factions) should move together to stop this enemy and after they succeed this they can end their alliance and continue game individual (normal).

However problem is this solution has really work load and need good ai stuff even in map and deciding alliances. Different faction armies and parties will think together and join their map events / sieges / raids they will take war / peace decleration decisions together. However this will be a masterclass solution to all problems and if implemented good game can be even 90+ rating and this will be the real diplomacy game needs.

I do not know what will be decided for next and I will be away for a time (I know this is not a right way of development we should already need to know this) However everybody in company should read this post and all ideas and found results here before deciding next step.

Anyway good night.

It would be amazing, also they are thinking about it
I hope they do it right so there is actual checks for alliances so vlandia and khuzait cant ally and just bring pain to the world and mabye like a time like an alliance lasts only a year or more if you pay the nation more

The empire factions cannot form alliances. They're in a state of civil war aren't they?

That leaves the non-empire factions that are technically all fighting the empire.
I would think even if they've been in a civil war, they may put their differences aside for the empire to hold off the khuzait and then fight each other. It could go all sorts of ways. Foreign enemies tend to unite people.

Also other than alliances I think faction splits could be another way to deal with snowballing factions. I mean warband is essentially the world after bannerlord factions have split. Vlandia splits into butterlords and rhodoks, sturgia splits into the nords and vaegirs. This function could bring back some life to interkingdom relations and fits perfectly into the game lore.

Last edited:
I don't know much history but is there an alliance that two major powers allying to steamroll relatively weaker ones? When I think about it I cannot find much. Alliances seem to have been formed to compete against powerful states/kingdoms in history as far as I can think of. A powerful faction like Khuzait wouldn't want to ally a powerful Vlandia to make them stronger. They could ally with Battania to decimate Vlandia to stay at the top in my opinion. And they can take down Battania later if they want. And if Vlandia is struggling against that alliance, they can ally with Sturgia or Western Empire ( If they are still alive lol) Correct me if I'm wrong about allying of two superpowers. It only happened against heavy aggressors like WWI-WWII-Germany afaik. Even if it happened a lot, it doesn't make sense that you let your already powerful potential threat to get more powerful. And even if Khuzait and Vlandia forge an alliance, all the other factions can ally against them to stop them.

I would think even if they've been in a civil war, they may put their differences aside for the empire to hold off the khuzait and then fight each other. It could go all sorts of ways. Foreign enemies tend to unite people.
So you're thinking like a chinese united front thing to where when japan invaded being foreign both sides laid down arms to fight the enemy i think this could be interesting

There needs to be more factions to make alliances work.
Yeah not only that but a lot of checks because if you have ever played CK2 or 3 or even eu4 they always ally the most random nations because there is no actual check and nations like the aserai who stay at peace for a long time could easily just pick up everyone as an ally and when the player creates his kingdom since there are no other enemies and they are allied to everybody every single faction declares war on you i have PTSD from this happening which is why i dont use diplomacy fixes

There needs to be more factions to make alliances work.

+1. I have not played any of the CK's game franchise, but I like the king-vassalage system it has, and I wish it would like that in Bannerlord. Instead of the whole faction declaring war on another faction, it would be clan A declaring war on clan B for more lands or power within the faction, and when factions declare war on each other, it would really take a whole lot of influence to achieve that vote.

Bannerlord already functions like that, but I would buff the Clan relationship more and weaken the faction one. That way we dont have only 6 factions for alliances to work, but a whole lot of clans that can ally/vassalge each other for intra faction violence and warfare, as well as faction vs faction.

+1. I have not played any of the CK's game franchise, but I like the king-vassalage system it has, and I wish it would like that in Bannerlord. Instead of the whole faction declaring war on another faction, it would be clan A declaring war on clan B for more lands or power within the faction, and when factions declare war on each other, it would really take a whole lot of influence to achieve that vote.

Bannerlord already functions like that, but I would buff the Clan relationship more and weaken the faction one. That way we dont have only 6 factions for alliances to work, but a whole lot of clans that can ally/vassalge each other for intra faction violence and warfare, as well as faction vs faction.
that whole idea is amazing,hope developers hear us

hmm even if it seems very very tempting..... idk if its really an good idea for some reason. To little factions and space for it perhaps and the domination will become swift for the winning sides i think...But maybe.... hmmm.....*Have to get my thinking pipe for this one and brb in 1 month*

Last edited:
Yes, game needs alliances. This was obvious and most of us come to this conclusion at diplomacy developments thread.

I offered alliances idea to armagan too. It is “partly accepted” but we will talk about details at October. I offered when there is an alliance 2+ allied factions should be able to make a siege to a fortification together or they should join battles on map when allied kingdom party is attacked or they can defend allied settlements or they can get more open slots at settlements of allied kingdom + we should find negative side effect(s).

This feature will probably increase battle variety on game which will result in better gameplay experience and it will be slow down snowballing (if nobody make alliance with most powerful factions) which again results in better and more balanced gameplay experience.

Imo biggest problem of alliances feature will be “what will be its negative effect?” What will stop factions making alliances all the time? There should be a cost or some other negative effect. Otherwise making alliances will be always logical. One possible solution is there can be a cost which both allied factions pay and it can be more expensive when factions are stronger. There can be more side effects.

Last edited:
Yes, game needs alliances. This was obvious and most of us come to this conclusion at diplomacy developments thread.

I offered alliances idea to armagan too. It is “partly accepted” but we will talk about details at October.

Imo biggest problem of alliances feature will be “what will be its negative effect?” What will stop factions making alliances all the time? There ahould be a cost or some other negative effect. Otherwise making alliances will be always logical.
I think you're suggestion is great but there is still an underlying problem with it larger factions are usually richer factions that stay at peace are usually richer these factions could still hoard alliances and make the game instead of more fun less fun as declaring war on a faction meaning declaring on like 2-3 factions is kinda broken mabye an alliance is something like you can come and help in battles and the like proximity reinforcments when the player attacks and both factions are allied fighting against player they should join that problem still stands though richer kingdoms have more money=more alliances this could also make it risky to sell smithed weapons to lords seeing hiw much money they make off of them i think a simple check of faction strength could work so lets say both vlandia and khuzait have 13k total strength that alliance should not be allowed but lets 2 factions with 6k want to beat up khuzait with 12k the alliance between thise factions is more reasonble while a smaller faction seeks faction of their own strength if they think both can hold them off or mabye like the tribute system in place a kingdom pays vlandia with 13k an upfront cost of 700k for protection against the khuzait with a tribute payment of 200 daily to keep the alliance strong mabye like i stated before an alliance timer and during an alliance you can pay you're ally a bit more to keep you're alliance or if he wants to keep it he pays you making the alliance stronger mabye like 3 states of alliance weak,medium and strong in weak and medium alloance you are not as obliged to listen to you're allies while in a strong alliance you view you're ally as an equal so here is another suggestion if two factions ate allied to the same faction and one faction attacks the other the defender should have priority unless it is a weak alliance or the sides are too overwhleming and joining the attacker would be a better idea but also being able to betray a strong alliance or a tribute payment should have a relation decrease with siad faction while just an annulment of the treaty has no repercussions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom