Are not there A BIT (a lot) of women in the game? And they are playing a lot of "man" roles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There being a bunch of women in the game is way way down on the list of historically inaccurate things about Bannerlord. At worst it's a bit silly, but 99% of the game is. None of the mechanics would make the slightest bit of sense in a medieval context. Removing the w*m*n for "historical accuracy" is like making the muzzle velocities more realistic in Team Fortress.

That is not an argument, it's a pointless comparison. Guns and muzzles are actually historical cogent items in modern warfare. Women are never found in any army in Medieval societies in any context. Nice try though.

I am glad most people agree that there are too many and it is immersive breaking.

I mean can you imagine aserai (arab) cities being full of female gangs???

That's straight up hilarious.

And for our dear moderator, we are not sexist in NOWADAYS world. We are discussing lore, the medieval times when this WAS a thing.

Yes no insults should be applied but please do not censore this because of delusional "sexist" thing. This is ok and MUST be discussed as we all purchased the game and can critisize it.

I hope developers will hear us out as well

Just at some point I realized that I have 3/5 fem companions and the last 8 of 10 battles were against female "lords".

I just started to feel uncomfortable.

Because I expected more of.... Medieval based stuff.

What...Numbers and sources please

Sorry, right now i'm not holding any articles under my belt. But you can search through.

If i know correctly,

In Europe, generally admin level. In North Africa / Arabian Peninsula generally undercover admin level. In Central Asia / Scandinavia / Russian-Eastern European Plains generally admin, ruler, warrior, commander level.

Ofc they are not 50-50. Neither Bannerlord. That's why i say it's close.

Inappropriate behavior
Being sexist and having a grasp on reality and history are too different things. Some of you have a hard time with the two prior two. They always show up in threads like this. :iamamoron::iamamoron::facepalm:

Being sexist and have a grasp on reality and history are too different things. Some of you have a hard time with the two prior.
It is a fictional game. If I wanted historical accuracy I'd read a book. Go mod it if you want this. I'll be playing with the mod that turns some of the troops into females, which I think should be in the game (where are the shield madiens?).

Edited my inaccurate description.

Last edited:
Women are never found in any army in Medieval societies in any context.

You're completely wrong in about 5 different ways, but here are some things in the game that aren't found in any medieval context, which have a far greater impact on the game than a few too many vaginas:

1. Recruiting soldiers from bakers
2. Levelling up soldiers by getting them to kill looters
3. Killing "looters" (i.e. completely naked )
4. All the armour and weapons. All of them.
5. The entire economic system.
6. The entire combat system.
7. The entire clan system.
8. The entire campaigning system.
9. The way siege assaults are conducted.
10. The way battles begin, are won, and how they look.

I could go on but you get the idea.

Whenever this same discussion happens I really get the impression that you either don't care or know much about history, you just have a very specific pop culture idea of the middle ages in your head and you get uncomfortable when that is broken. I don't blame you for this, most people are the same, but using history to back up your argument when the entire game is far more inaccurate is very weird, like mowing your lawn while your house burns down. If I wanted bannerlord to be a facsimile of medieval europe I would actually agree with you here, but it clearly isn't, and never will be at this rate.

You're completely wrong in about 5 different ways, but here are some things in the game that aren't found in any medieval context, which have a far greater impact on the game than a few too many vaginas:

1. Recruiting soldiers from bakers
2. Levelling up soldiers by getting them to kill looters
3. Killing "looters" (i.e. completely naked )
4. All the armour and weapons. All of them.
5. The entire economic system.
6. The entire combat system.
7. The entire clan system.
8. The entire campaigning system.
9. The way siege assaults are conducted.
10. The way battles begin, are won, and how they look.

I could go on but you get the idea.

Whenever this same discussion happens I really get the impression that you either don't care or know much about history, you just have a very specific pop culture idea of the middle ages in your head and you get uncomfortable when that is broken. I don't blame you for this, most people are the same, but using history to back up your argument when the entire game is far more inaccurate is very weird. If I wanted bannerlord to be a facsimile of medieval europe I would actually agree with you here, but it clearly isn't, and never will be at this rate.

I am not going to entertain your idea of history for modern gender equality. Best of luck.

They also shouldn't be fighting in tournaments either and shouldn't have high tier armor and weapons

The non-combat nobles don't fight in tournaments. The game already checks for their suitability. They also tend to only have swords, none of them use noble bows and I'm mostly certain none of them wield two-handers. A few do wear high-tier armor but just wearing armor isn't really a mark of skill.

Edit: to be clear, the relevant bit to being considered a non-combatant is no/low combat skills rather than gender. Arwa is a combatant because she has like 200s in half the combat skills, for example.

Last edited:
It is a fantasy game. If I wanted historical accuracy I'd read a book. Go mod it if you want this. I'll be playing with the mod that turns some of the troops into females, which I think should be in the game (where are the shield madiens?).
Exactly. There is no "inaccuracy". It's not set in 12th century Europe. The Aserai are not Islamic. The idea of women from wealthy noble families paying men to follow and fight for them, or training to fight themselves, is not unbelievable or immersion breaking in this game.

Anyway most female npcs usually don't lead parties but just hang about in keeps.

Sorry, right now i'm not holding any articles under my belt. But you can search through.

If i know correctly,

In Europe, generally admin level. In North Africa / Arabian Peninsula generally undercover admin level. In Central Asia / Scandinavia / Russian-Eastern European Plains generally admin, ruler, warrior, commander level.

Ofc they are not 50-50. Neither Bannerlord. That's why i say it's close.

As a norwegian living in Russia I can tell that there are only breif women rulers becuase their husband died.

Only 1 woman was norsk monarch for over 800 years. Margaret.

I think there is no need to say no norsk army ever was led by a woman. Though they could fight as shieldmaidens.

Same for Russia.

And Strugia based on mix of these cultures has.... Too many.... Simply TOO MANY women on all roles.

And how am I wrong saying I am not sexist in real life and that there should be no 5 to 1 woman/man ratio in the game?

Wake up.
I just don't believe you when you post stuff like
Seek women in real life maybe someday you understand there is no place to dominating whamen in the game as gang leaders and swordsmen.
consider being a smart developer, consider NOT chasing the femo base.
Be manly enough to cut the women content and ignore all those people who WON'T EVEN PLAY THE GAME

Svana ain't going anywhere.

As a norwegian living in Russia I can tell that there are only breif women rulers becuase their husband died.

Only 1 woman was norsk monarch for over 800 years. Margaret.

I think there is no need to say no norsk army ever was led by a woman. Though they could fight as shieldmaidens.

Same for Russia.

And Strugia based on mix of these cultures has.... Too many.... Simply TOO MANY women on all roles.
What is "TOO MANY"?
How many female NPCs are actually in the game?
It is not a literal representation of the real life medieval world.

To Blood Gryphon

Well i dont care what you think about me and believe or not.

If you have personal issues don't flame here and pm me. Other way I heard you the first time. And once again 1 ****s given.

What is "TOO MANY"?
It is not a literal representation of the real life medieval world.

Well as far as you can see on my 1 post the screenshot of the actual WarBand game let's quote this one.

"Remember that in TRADITIONAL MEDIEVAL SOCIETY !!! DEPICTED IN GAME !!! War and politics are usually DOMINATED BY MEN"

This is what developers wrote when game world was not pressed by femobase.

So next time you say this is not representation of medieval world remember LITERAL quote of devs.

OK guys not to quarrel and be offensice to each other I have a great idea.

Let's tell developers we need CHOICE of women representation in game.

Maybe devs could make this an option? Like auto allocate perks? That you can start game with or without casual women representation.

So everybody chose what he wants. And everyone is happy.

Good night all stay frosty.

I understand that it is indeed a fantasy land, and a video game, and realism shouldn't be my focus. But i have to say every time that i see a female noble leading troops on the battlefield apart from "Ira" who i feel is like a joan of arc character, It immediately pulls me out of whatever immersion I may have been experiencing. I personally do not like how prevalent female battle commanders are, not to mention how the best NPC wanderers for governor positions are all female. I would prefer if the game had fewer female leaders so that the ones I did encounter felt more substantial and accomplished.

I would prefer there to be a more "realistic" society where the men are leading other men into battle in this game, and the woman would take on a traditional role of securing alliances between clans through marriage and child bearing , but that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom