Resolved Can't have any kids , even if doing everything right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e.1.5.2
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I was able to get my wife pregnant in e1.5.2.

Had her as a companion and just waited in town for about 10 days and she got pregnant. It was Corein and she's listed as being 31.

this doesn’t explain why using the console command to force your wife to conceive, get the standard pop up message that she is with child but 2 years later she still hasn’t given birth.

In 1.5.1 there is a bug that makes the pregnancy disappear. The flag "IsPregnant" returns false, so parts of the game don't realize that the hero (you or your spouse) is actually pregnant. You get the message that the character is with child, but no child is ever born. Once the IsPregnant flag is cleared you can re-impregnate the hero again. This affects normal pregnancies and those created by use of the cheat menu.

Based on several forum posts this bug is still present in 1.5.2.

In 1.5.1 there is a bug that makes the pregnancy disappear. The flag "IsPregnant" returns false, so parts of the game don't realize that the hero (you or your spouse) is actually pregnant. You get the message that the character is with child, but no child is ever born. Once the IsPregnant flag is cleared you can re-impregnate the hero again. This affects normal pregnancies and those created by use of the cheat menu.

Based on several forum posts this bug is still present in 1.5.2.

I'm not sure, that's not what I'm seeing in my game. I'm playing e1.5.2 and my wife got pregnant and gave birth to child just fine. Not that it isn't broken for some people, but it's definitely not broken for everyone.

I'm not sure, that's not what I'm seeing in my game. I'm playing e1.5.2 and my wife got pregnant and gave birth to child just fine. Not that it isn't broken for some people, but it's definitely not broken for everyone.
Is this before you finish the sibiling quest where you go to the hideout to save your brother? Also is your game modded at all and was the date of birth for that child about 36 days for base pregnancy days?
951e7112b8ccfa163c1396e02c414814.png

While I was testing I left the game running for a while after I used a command to conceive a child and wasn't able to catch the time it took for her to give birth as the time stamps for when she got pregnant are gone. The last recorded time she got pregnant I saw was Autumn 12, 1085 and this is a vanilla game.

Last edited:
this doesn’t explain why using the console command to force your wife to conceive, get the standard pop up message that she is with child but 2 years later she still hasn’t given birth.

when in an army character are no long are listed as travelling to, and instead it stays waiting at, but will no pregnancy. I tried to leave her in a city by starting a party and then disbanding it. Which caused to to stay at a city, however every time I waited at the city she would disappear from the keep and only reappear if I left and then returned.
Still I’ll give you’re method a try as I’ve tried everything else. I just figured that she spawned into my 1.5.1 game unable to have children and is unaffected by the changes in 1.5.2
I have a post about this issue, Since 1.5.1 when you enter a town or village, your companions and wife are listed as still traveling to said town/village. This means your wife is never in town so you cannot get her pregnant.

Is this before you finish the sibiling quest where you go to the hideout to save your brother? Also is your game modded at all and was the date of birth for that child about 36 days for base pregnancy days?
951e7112b8ccfa163c1396e02c414814.png

While I was testing I left the game running for a while after I used a command to conceive a child and wasn't able to catch the time it took for her to give birth as the time stamps for when she got pregnant are gone. The last recorded time she got pregnant I saw was Autumn 12, 1085 and this is a vanilla game.

This is much later in the game way after the sibling quest. Game is not modded at all - vanilla e1.5.2. I don't know what the date of birth for the child was, but it wasn't very long after I got the pregnancy message. I think it was less than 30 days but I could be wrong.

I have a post about this issue, Since 1.5.1 when you enter a town or village, your companions and wife are listed as still traveling to said town/village. This means your wife is never in town so you cannot get her pregnant.

I had her in my party when she got pregnant. I don't remember if it said "still traveling" or not, but it worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom