Resolved (1.5.0) Forced to besiege town with no defenders

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I was attempting to aid the defense of a friendly town and arrived just as the enemy siege ended and before they entered the town (so the town was legally theirs, even if it was empty of troops.) I defeated the enemy army and then attempted entry.
- The UI said there were 0 Garrison.
- The UI listed my army as Defenders, so apparently everyone but me was inside
- The guard denied me entry, BUT...
- When I asked to see someone, every noble and companion I had with me were available inside. I tried several; just for yucks I show my wife responding from the gate, although I couldn't go in.
- So, denied entry, I initiated siege. As you can see, I was up against ZERO forces. I suppose my whole army filed back out so that they could assault the walls. I still had to go through the entire siege camp setup (which of course made me vulnerable to other enemy armies arriving, though none did.)
- I SHOULD have tried "Send Troops" but out of habit I said "Lead Assault". So instantly they invented I think 4 defenders, who with the ballistas managed to whack 11 of my men before we could climb the empty walls and track down the engine crews.

Now, I think of this behavior as a bug. I doubt anyone considered the possibility a just-surrendered town would have its saviors show up a few seconds late. But now you know - it can happen. And personally, I think that letting all my captains inside and keeping me outside is a little ludicrous.

Save file available!

Here I am with my army listed as Defenders. and hey! We're not shown outside the town on the map!
a1WBThT.jpg

Here I am talking to my wife who managed entry without me (!)
Sr1nk1g.jpg

So here my siege camp is started and there are still NO enemy in t he town. Oh, I note that it's 440 - 0 odds, but the army strength on the map is 441... so apparently I don't count... again!
4f2VvSQ.jpg

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting. In the meantime, can you share your save files? You can upload it at upload.taleworlds.com. Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

Back
Top Bottom