There is no challenge in1vs1 AI combat...

Users who are viewing this thread

The one one combat is very Easy. I am playing on challenging setting, which i assume is the hardest. That is very frustrating, especially when talewords showed us a very promising blog/video past in the days on 1 VS 1 amazing AI. The difficulty on tournament is a joke. What you guy think about that? Do the developper talked about improve it?

Edit : I forgot about the stupid cavalerie who only aim horses with their lance

A other thing that is bother me is the totaly lack of purpose of castles.
Every npc party, villager, caravan, lord and etc should seek refuge in friendly castle and city when they are chase by stronger hostile troups. I hope this is something dev will implement, as this is the most basic and logical thing to do. And it will make castles a bit more usefull and bring them back to their original purpose : protect people
1- Garnison and militia should be able to get out and help friendly party when there is a fight close to the castle.
2- Spécial troop only accessible by the owner and his friends.

Same here. Liked it better when the enemy lords were damned near Terminators.
I like the new weapons for tournaments, as you won’t lose to glance hits because of someone’s armor. But they need to increase the skill of higher level units, right now it feels random who will win a fight, I often see t2 troops beat t4/5 troops in 1v1’s

I like the new weapons for tournaments, as you won’t lose to glance hits because of someone’s armor. But they need to increase the skill of higher level units, right now it feels random who will win a fight, I often see t2 troops beat t4/5 troops in 1v1’s
Indeed. Way better to be light And fast than Heavy and armored right now on tournament

I hope they didnt lower the ai to improve performance on low pc.
tenor.gif

Well, it looks like it... Every time I watch that video of AI fighting a tear runs down my cheek.

I hope they didnt lower the ai to improve performance on low pc.
They changed it from overall level to skill level to make high level archers less op in melee combat, beforehand they would stomp everything. But now it feels like the skill difference doesn’t impact the in game combat skill as much as that video shows

They changed it from overall level to skill level to make high level archers less op in melee combat, beforehand they would stomp everything. But now it feels like the skill difference doesn’t impact the in game combat skill as much as that video shows

The fact that they made such a detailed blog post about it but then released it in such an obviously un-calibrated state is just weird and makes little sense to me. It worries me when devs seemingly cant recognize nuance and delicate settings - opting instead to just raise the thermostat way up if the crowd says "too cold" and way down when they say "too hot".

The fact that they made such a detailed blog post about it but then released it in such an obviously un-calibrated state is just weird and makes little sense to me. It worries me when devs seemingly cant recognize nuance and delicate settings - opting instead to just raise the thermostat way up if the crowd says "too cold" and way down when they say "too hot".
The video was pre-change, the change made sense as they had no way to turn down the melee skill of archers without also impacting their archer skill. They just need to adjust this new system so that the jump in skill lvl is representative of the previous difficulty levels.

The video was pre-change, the change made sense as they had no way to turn down the melee skill of archers without also impacting their archer skill. They just need to adjust this new system so that the jump in skill lvl is representative of the previous difficulty levels.
I cant remember if they implement once this superbe ai or not. It seems to me they never did.

Yea combat used to be great 1v1. It should just be a simple increase block skill I don't imagine it taking up much more cpu power. It d be nice to get some developer feed back on this.

cavalry ability to hit you with spear when youre on the ground is much better,

go to vlandia, use the bill, before the blunt damage patch, it took 7-8 hits on the head through the block. Now it takes 2. Because ... blunt is so much ignoring armor like it almost wasnt there.

Its headshot modifier it however just 1,2 afaik, compared to 2x of others

Back
Top Bottom