Beta Patch Notes e1.5.2

Users who are viewing this thread

I hope they will soon start communicating that in no possible way the game will come out of Early Access in the end of this year. Anyone who is thinking to buy the game should not have the hope/information from TW that the game will fully realease in a couple of months.
Who said end of the year? They said EA will last ONE year so around april

yeah and i would rather bugs and crashes get fixed over new content (not to say new conetent isnt nice) and you also have to rember how devlopmnet works not everything being worked on is ready and diffrnet people do differnt things people will be fixing bugs, doing art, making the diplo AI better (thanks @mexxico ) thats not so say Taleworlds inst perfect (noone is) but an update with no new contente isnt the end of the world and isnt them stopoping development of the game

I personally prefer have to wait more for bigger patches than this. Still not fixes for cavalry AI and not balancing changes for archers. I suppose that I should stay out of the game for more time. Anyway, thanks for the work.

Indeed my bad, even so do you think we will have full release on April ? With this pace ? And it doesn't seem to change.
We see things when they are ready for us to test, what we see is not all that is going on. So guessing off the current "pace" is pointless when they release new content when it is ready. They claim to still be on pace, so until they say otherwise, yes i believe we will still have full release in April. In the end I don't care as long as they are actively developing the game, I'm not going anywhere lol

Nothing is stopping them from implementing more to 1.5.2 with hotfixes like we saw with 1.5.1, remember 1.5.1 went through 2 major war/peace hotfixes.
Yes I hope they do make improvements in the hotfixes. And I can't refute that further progress was made in 1.5.1 hotfixes for diplomacy, but it has been generally rare for the hotfixes to contain something so substantial. I'm still going to be playing and hoping for the best of course. I love BL even in its current state. I'm just saying this update is kind of underwhelming.. There is a lot of excitement over the coming modding tools and changes to smithing etc. that were mentioned at Gamescon.

That said, another thing they mentioned at gamescon was that they were working on some of these scenes that had AI pathing issues, and improving the siege scenes and so on.

We have:

Battles and Sieges
  • Fixed an issue on siege tower connection to Khuzait castle walls.
  • Improvement on some of the Battania villages.
  • Fixed a bug that caused sieges to continue in the background if a player became a prisoner during the siege.
I'm interested to see how the first change affects Khuzait sieges. The other two I didn't really see any issues with in game.

yeah and i would rather bugs and crashes get fixed over new content (not to say new conetent isnt nice) and you also have to rember how devlopmnet works not everything being worked on is ready and diffrnet people do differnt things people will be fixing bugs, doing art, making the diplo AI better (thanks @mexxico ) thats not so say Taleworlds inst perfect (noone is) but an update with no new contente isnt the end of the world and isnt them stopoping development of the game
This is an accurate assessment.

Edit: - added this to avoid double post.
We see things when they are ready for us to test, what we see is not all that is going on. So guessing off the current "pace" is pointless when they release new content when it is ready. They claim to still be on pace, so until they say otherwise, yes i believe we will still have full release in April. In the end I don't care as long as they are actively developing the game, I'm not going anywhere lol
Yes I agree. There is a lot we know they are working on that simply just isn't ready yet, but it doesn't mean that they aren't working on it.

I see, i believe that is called "blind trust" which generally i don't do. But thats your perspective and your opinion which is fine. I wonder though if instead of TW it was EA what would be reaction for a game that is priced as almost triple A and it's just an empty shell.

Yes i am dissapointed and angry with TW, this is a very bad and slow development.

I see, i believe that is called "blind trust" which generally i don't do. But thats your perspective and your opinion which is fine. I wonder though if instead of TW it was EA what would be reaction for a game that is prices as almost triple A and it's just an empty shell.

Yes i am dissapointed and angry with TW, this is a very bad and slow development.
So you go off "blind assumption"? good luck with that. I've listened to them and set my expectations, no point to blindly assume what will happen 6 months into the future.

I see, i believe that is called "blind trust" which generally i don't do. But thats your perspective and your opinion which is fine. I wonder though if instead of TW it was EA what would be reaction for a game that is prices as almost triple A and it's just an empty shell.

do you know how long it takes to devlop something it takes time to make it and test that it works so maybe they are at a point where lots of things are not ready and they have very little major things they can realease and show us and maybe the small things that add are ways to keep people interested till the big things come out (modding tools as an example) now i know they said they were aiming for end of august for modding tools (plz tell me if thats wrong) but i woudl rather a better set of tools that isnt buggy or not working correctly than tools now where you cant make functioning mods

I will only belive that devlopment has stopped when we dont see anything new for along time and if they were saying oh yeah we are on track still next year in march and nothing new was added then yeah sure

So you go off "blind assumption"? good luck with that. I've listened to them and set my expectations, no point to blindly assume what will happen 6 months into the future.

Indeed, we cannot forsee the future but with the current pace it is pretty clear 6 months will not be enough. You might think it's blind assumption but it is based on facts which we see these months.

Has anyone tested the performance of 1.5.2 in regards to the texture streaming?

Edit:
Thankyou for this patch! It may not look like much, but I'm running the game on an HDD and was previously experiencing very high disk and memory usage that caused awful lag spikes and stutters, and it has massively improved my performance.

Last edited:
Wait they actually added hooked spears mechanic in this update. I can pull enemies down. Not sure why they didn't mention it in the patch notes though. I heard a new song too but I might be delusional.

Last edited:
No it´s not. There was never a phase of much content. Sure, you can believe them, I don´t. Also check this reply:

I know, most of you love this answer, because it is at least an answer.

I read:

"We do what we want, we don´t care what you want." Of course I dramatize it...don´t get me wrong.

Why do modders are able to do some really good armor/battle AI changes and they are still working on them? What will they change? Who knows, I dont, you don´t. You believe them to do the right thing, I´m not sure.

WE need to test this stuff, but it sounds like they will just give it to us when it´s ready from their point of view. And if we don´t like it, they may be change it, which will take another 8 weeks? That´s not how EA works in my opinion.

They need to deliver content soon in my opinion...and they need to fix at least one of those balance issues soon. The smithing bug isn´t new like we discovered it 2 weeks ago. The faction balance issue too. What will they change? Cav only get 15 auto calc bonus instead of 20? Who knows?

There is so many stuff wrong right now, which can be easily improved (mods...), sure everyone has a different taste but still. Don´t involve us, don´t deliver anything and it will take 4-5 years. Which feedback can we deliver with this new branch? Only telling which new bugs they introduced, and that´s also not something new. Each new branch had it´s big bugs...

I mean come on, this answer:

3. We are aware of the crafting system is being used for making easy money as of now. The crafting system will see some changes and pricing changes on weapons are also being worked on. I can't get into details but hopefully, it will turn out in a way where it will satisfy both crafters and traders.

is like: We know the sky is blue.

Why not tell us what they plan to change about it? Will it hurt them? Will it hurt the game? Will it hurt us?

I don´t think so, the only thing this answer says: We are working on it which I expect them to do anyways since weeks.

I mean:

I can't get into details but hopefully, it will turn out in a way where it will satisfy both crafters and traders.

Why keep it a secret? It´s not that we demand that they publish their source code. Why can´t he go into detail what they plan (!) to change?

Last edited:
I for one am quite ok with the rythm things are going. To be honest, since 1.5.0 I felt true develpment speed went up and continues to accelerate at a steady pace. Maybe I'm just managing/lowering my expectations faster than TW can disapoint me, maybe my expectations were allways lower than average (which I doubt). The game is unique and so are it's development chalenges... I guess keeping that in mind makes me somewhat in peace.

New asset creation could be faster though. It's not that demanding to make a few new high quality armors, shields and scenes every month.

New armor is probably due to the Nvidia RTX Event. Like the cavalry "one shot kill every infantry" was a movie night where raiders killed villagers, the new armor was a Mine Craft night. Mine Craft had ray tracing, so that night the devs decided that they will beat mine craft in the texture and polygon department. So behold...

New armor is probably due to the Nvidia RTX Event. Like the cavalry "one shot kill every infantry" was a movie night where raiders killed villagers, the new armor was a Mine Craft night. Mine Craft had ray tracing, so that night the devs decided that they will beat mine craft in the texture and polygon department. So behold...
43240.jpg
Inspiration for new armor.

The format of streaming textures was changed. This improves texture streaming speed and reduces hard disk size of the game by 10GB.
Great we can fit a different game in that space!
Disabled infertility chance and instead introduced a reduced pregnancy probability with every additional child.
You're nerfing me for having 22 babies? I knew if I told anyone about my 22 babies there'd be a nerf! Infertility doesn't even matter now that you can get spouses killed :smile: I hope the initial daily pregger chance is at least raised to compensate. Also I want to be young! I don't want to be old pervert chicken hawk in my escapist fantasy games! I wish we had to drag that babies all around with use or pay for child care!
Pushed mounts used to push back against agents to restore their original position. They now no longer do this and remain at their new positions.
Good, this was really annoying when trying to pick up ammo from allied HA I murdered with friendly fire. This will make the processes of knocking out an entire army with FF and getting them caught by looters and harvesting free high tier troops about 2% faster!

Why no Bow perks though? It's been awhile now and I'm assuming that the second set of placeholder perks were already 'approved' by the Devs, so why is it so long to stick some in?

It's gonna be a long day, that sheep better be magnificent! :smile:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom