When was the first time you ever played mount&blade

Users who are viewing this thread

I didn't start playing M&B until '07 when I received it the way most college students receive games, through a crack passed around at a LAN party. I loved the game so much I went out and bought it just to make sure I did my part to support it, and then I have purchased everything they have released since, and I have not had any regrets about any of it, including my purchase of BL. 1000s of hours of my life in total have been poured into these games. The only downside is that the time really goes by too fast when playing M&B. Three day weekend here in U.S. for memorial day, and it was gone in a flash because of M&B lol..

12 years ago when i was 18, im tirty now
First year of Informatic Engineering at University, 1 friend show me 1 video on youtube and i was like: WOW THAT GAME LOOKS AWESOME

I saw a video of a large battle (probably modded) bs'ing around on youtube in college and immediately knew I had to play it. Would have been about 08' or 09'.

Simple question.When was the first time you played m&b
For me it was the 2004 original m&b demo when i was 5

I also started 2004 but I was 9 at the time. I remember I got it as one of the demo games on a PC-gamer magasine my dad got each month. I remember trying to stay away from fights as much as I could to not level 6 and the demo ended haha.

2004 I think when I was 24, people shared screenshots over at total war centre or over at that forum where a few total war centre "exiles" went during that drama about that piglet signature someone had and the drama about tintin in Africa over at twc. Liked the screenshots and downloaded the beta and bought a key

It was the original mount&blade beta where you paid like 9 euro's or something to get a key and the price would go up with each patch. Was completely blown away by the game, still have fond memories of Zendar, and nightmares of trying to flee dark riders and Khergit tribes.

I first discovered the game in 2014. I started in rhodoks territory and joined them first. Had no clue on the factions, lore or anything, I stumbled upon the game looking for war games with mass battles and I found reformistTM and watched a ton of his videos and bought the game. I then became addicted and added over 1000+ Hrs and streamed it for a bit becoming the 3rd most watched on twitch. The first mod I played, was lord of the rings. however my favorite mods would be, AWOIAF, Pendor, Perisno, and the best of all Narnia. If you have played it you know.. Overall, I hate that I didn't meet the game sooner. However I am also glad I got it when I did. It got me threw tough times and almost made me not graduate. But now I am here, also I loved viking conquest, that was also one of my favorite moments with warband.

I bought Warband for $5 on a steam sale along with a bunch of other cheap games. It was at least a month before I actually tried it. I loaded into a battle with bots and I wondered what the hell I had bought. I was playing a custom battle because the "Start A New Game" option was grayed out for me. Then I watched a youtube video and realized that my game was bugged. Eventually I found a forum page that let me know how to actually start a new game.

The combat was awesome, especially the cavalry combat. I really miss playing cav like in Warband. In Bannerlord half the infantry have spears of some sort and playing cav isn't really fun like it used to be.

My first game ended when my character got too old and lost his luck. I would have stopped playing the game altogether if it wasn't for modding. I was able to mod the game using a tool I downloaded and then I really got into the game. It took me a couple of months, but I finally conquered all of Calradia on my second playthrough.

If was an inauspicious start, but it was the best $5 I have ever spent.

Back
Top Bottom