Beta Patch Notes e1.5.1

Users who are viewing this thread

two of my companions whom I've assigned as "surgeon and quartermaster" have died in a battle and now I cannot assign any other companion in these positions since they (both the quartermaster and surgeon clan roles) don't even show up on the list at all.
Anyone else facing a similar bug?
Go to a town or keep or any situation where you can open a dialogue with any of your companions and select the dialogue option “I want to assign you a new role”

a list of all your companions and what role that have will show up. You can then reassign roles for the dead, missing, or dispatched companions.

two of my companions whom I've assigned as "surgeon and quartermaster" have died in a battle and now I cannot assign any other companion in these positions since they (both the quartermaster and surgeon clan roles) don't even show up on the list at all.
I've been informed that this bug is fixed and will be sent to the live branch in the next updates.

Looking forward to it!
If you read here, Lianoc Hen Castle has performance issues. No problems on other Battanian scenes for me, but I didn't test all scene defense levels. Maybe forward the issues with gate defenders being too far back too? Just that would already help a lot in many sieges.

Do you know which scenes has this issue?
Yeah, Uthelaim castle (Battanian castle on the border with the Empire) and every other castle with the same scene. During the siege battle the FPS drops to 30 before infantry starts assaulting walls, below 10 when the assault starts. Battanian cities sieges are 60 fps before the walls assault, ~40-50 when infantry starts assaulting the castle, which is totally fine for my rig.

Your QA may use Custom Battle to recreate this. There is a Battanian castle siege map, the name starts with "Li*something* castle". It has the same problems as the campaign castles.

By the way, is your team working on Dynamic Shadows FPS huge impact problem? Cause it's been half a year now, many performance problems were resolved, but Dynamic shadows still cut half of my FPS, while my PC can handle RDR 2 with far more comprehensive effects.

Last edited:
yes ive been tryin everything, save failed still.
Did you try the following:
  • Delete game save folder on documents
  • Revert the version to the last stable version for you, for example 1.4.0
  • Uninstall game, delete documents bannerlord forder and install again

Did you try the following:
  • Delete game save folder on documents
  • Revert the version to the last stable version for you, for example 1.4.0
  • Uninstall game, delete documents bannerlord forder and install again
yep. even tryed to copy paste other players save files, not working.

Do you know which scenes has this issue?
@MArdA TaleWorlds

Summary: Battanian Castle scenes which cause sever frame rate drop during siege
Details: In my last campaign I observed 3 Battanian Castles scenes where the frame rate dropped to <10 FPS.
  1. Llanoc Hen Castle
  2. Pendraic Castle (I think, but I'm not certain)
  3. Ab Comer Castle (I think, but I'm not certain)
It's been a while since this campaign, but I think all the scenes were identical, whichever scenes match Llanoc Hen.

In 2 of the 3 instances I fully breached the walls. In 2 of 3 instances my melee infantry deployed in on big rectangular blob instead of separate groups lined up with each breach. In 2 of 3 instances my melee infantry were frozen in place instead of "following their sergeants", they wouldn't approach the breached walls until i manually issued a command. But my archers deployed and behaved normally. In 2 of 3 instances the defenders also seemed to be deployed in an unusual ways inside the walls and most were not reacting normally when I approached.

I don't really remember the 3rd battle. I think I auto resolved.

No mods installed.

@MostBlunted is actually giving really good feedback, I'm glad the mods don't mute/ban him. He is just a little bit too much salty,mexxico thanked to him.

61R-wpLEFWL._SX522_.jpg

"You" just need to understand, I don´t hate the game, I love it. But I think there are a lot of huge issues which won´t be solved as it seems. Also there is a lack of communication. But I repeat myself.

This game can be really good, but it´s needs depth, a better AI and more stuff to do then just fight battles (which also have a lot of issues).

"We" need something like this:

Like the cav charges do something, but England won because of smarter tactics. Right now it´s just spam archers and you are fine, if not playing against horse archers.

It´s like archers > all, but cav archers > archers. The rest of the units are just there for I don´t know. I´ve not seen a single BL video were inf / non horse archers beat archers. Armor is the problem as some mod shows.

But also battles are just one of the issues. There need to be more depth at all. They´ve got the graphics, they got the foundation, but it´s not balanced at all.

Like RPG options, you can be a trader, but finally you´ll become a conquerer soon. So it all ends on fighting those battles, which are not that good if you played like 50+ of them, they are always the same right now. Sure tactics do have some impact when fighting an even battle. But as soon as you notice that archers (horse archer) > all it´s boring. Nothing stops horse archers. At least I haven´t seen one battle where horse archers got beat.

Like 50 horse archers against any 100 (non horse archers) will lose, maybe I´m just unlucky though. Spears/Polearms needs to be buffed, but that´s not something new.

And I don´t even talk about all those "useless" random companion, XYZ the healer with 1-2 int...yea! All the non working perks also. For me each playthtough plays the same after like 4-5 real time hours.

And I´m not even abusing smithing.

The only real "challenge" is to stop OP Khuzait steam rolling if you not abuse any of the broken game systems.

Last edited:
61R-wpLEFWL._SX522_.jpg

"You" just need to understand, I don´t hate the game, I love it. But I think there are a lot of huge issues which won´t be solved as it seems. Also there is a lack of communication. But I repeat myself.

This game can be really good, but it´s needs depth, a better AI and more stuff to do then just fight battles (which also have a lot of issues).

"We" need something like this:

Like the cav charges do something, but England won because of smarter tactics. Right now it´s just spam archers and you are fine, if not playing against horse archers.

It´s like archers > all, but cav archers > archers. The rest of the units are just there for I don´t know. I´ve not seen a single BL video were inf / non horse archers beat archers. Armor is the problem as some mod shows.

But also battles are just one of the issues. There need to be more depth at all. They´ve got the graphics, they got the foundation, but it´s not balanced at all.

Like RPG options, you can be a trader, but finally you´ll become a conquerer soon. So it all ends on fighting those battles, which are not that good if you played like 50+ of them, they are always the same right now. Sure tactics do have some impact when fighting an even battle. But as soon as you notice that archers (horse archer) > all it´s boring. Nothing stops horse archers. At least I haven´t seen one battle where horse archers got beat.

Like 50 horse archers against any 100 (non horse archers) will lose, maybe I´m just unlucky though. Spears/Polearms needs to be buffed, but that´s not something new.

And I don´t even talk about all those "useless" random companion, XYZ the healer with 1-2 int...yea!

Just got an idea from this, what if knocked out enemies weren't actually knocked out cold but on the ground screaming and writhing in pain? of course it would only happen sometimes and not all the time.If you wanted to you could end their suffering if you don't want any prisoners. Its not a priority but it would add flavour to battles. I think Ghost of Tsushima has this feature where you can mercy kill an opponent, little things like this is what makes that game great. maybe this could be something that modders could do? I don't know just a suggestion.

Imagine knocking an enemy lord off thier horse and seeing them crawling on the ground screaming, then finishing them off with your sword or axe, that would be pretty epic.

Last edited:
Just got an idea from this, what if knocked out enemies weren't actually knocked out cold but on the ground screaming and writhing in pain? of course it would only happen sometimes and not all the time.If you wanted to you could end their suffering if you don't want any prisoners. Its not a priority but it would add flavour to battles. I think Ghost of Tsushima has this feature where you can mercy kill an opponent, little things like this is what makes that game great. maybe this could be something that modders could do? I don't know just a suggestion.
Won´t work in those large battles I guess (needs a lot of AI work/ressources), but I also have never played Ghost of Tshushima.

The cav charge just need to do more damages, and cav charges into any archer line should just like destroy them. Also against light inf.

Polearms and spears would counter cav of course.

That would be my suggestion.

At least he answered to him. I am always ignored by mexxico, whatever question I ask, I never receive any answer. Even my suggestions are ignored. That's what I call communication.

It was in the thread were he was very active and asked for feedback, I got ignored by Callum a lot of times like many others. As I said, they lack communication (not from Mexxicos side of course). I still wish the perk thread would get stickied, I did the @ Callum two times, he doesn´t care :wink:

New players still should know that a lot of perks don´t work at all or only one side of them works. But "they" don´t care about it. It´s like "No, better don´t tell our future customers about all of those perk issues, they should think they can place their troops before the battle starts!" :wink:

It was in the thread were he was very active and asked for feedback, I got ignored by Callum a lot of times like many others. As I said, they lack communication (not from Mexxicos side of course). I still wish the perk thread would get stickied, I did the @ Callum two times, he doesn´t care :wink:
Total vice versa for me. Callum often answers to my questions, he even asked another dev to answer one of my questions about mod tools. Mexxico, on the other hand, ignores every last question of mine. He does a lot of great stuff for the game, I'll give him that, but I still don't understand why am I persona non-grata for him.

But, in general, there's lack of communication, I agree.

They can´t answer all, but they should do some statements about the overall problems the game has and "we" talk about over and over again. :smile:

Instead they seem to prefer the silent mode :wink:

We know they are working on mod tools and what new content? I mean they said they´re also working on perks, reworking smithing, but I like something more concrete like what we can expect with the next patch (not hotfix).

And the state of the perks is also a huge shame for me, after 6 months after the release. Too many broken/placeholder perks. Did they ever confirm to get the "good" perks, like placing your troops before the battle, working? Or is it the next perk getting replaced with something like +1,3% morale bonus? Who knows?

At least I believe that this is the perk most of us want to be in the game? Those +x,x dmg perks are nice but not a game changer.

Last edited:
If they nerf glaive damage on horseback I will mod it back in haha. I love giving khuzait haircuts.
It really is a game saver versus too many HA. I'm good at putting range in a position to punish them, but weaving in between them and berserking them with a glaive is is the best! Also can do the same to thier cav....not that it something to be happy about because it mean cav AI is braindead

At least he answered to him. I am always ignored by mexxico, whatever question I ask, I never receive any answer. Even my suggestions are ignored. That's what I call communication.

Total vice versa for me. Callum often answers to my questions, he even asked another dev to answer one of my questions about mod tools. Mexxico, on the other hand, ignores every last question of mine. He does a lot of great stuff for the game, I'll give him that, but I still don't understand why am I persona non-grata for him.

I am trying to answer as much I can. Sometimes I get too much questions. Sorry for ones I could not answer. Its hard to answer all especially if questions are out of my areas (for example combat / perk / quest / character development / multiplayer / smithing / siege related questions) or if I am not sure about its answer.

For example today @Blood Gryphon asked what will npc lords do if they need horses to upgrade troops to cavalry like player (currently ai cheat there and do not spend horse but we can remove this cheat in future to balance things and get rid of one ai cheats) and if they do not have horse. He asked in that scenario will npc lords wait go buy horse or there will be some other mechanic. I am not sure what will be best there I need to think pros and cons I need to collect data and see big picture so could not answer his question.

I am reading all feedbacks but its hard to react all. Sometimes because of some special situation its hard to apply some ideas which seem good and if I try to explain why then development time is lost. Sometimes I also like ideas but I know it wont get approved so I cannot write anything about them. Also I am or any other dev are not in position to apply some good ideas directly. Nobody can do this in company. There should be a design decision approved at meetings by nearly all key designers and these are slow steps. Sometimes I do this without reaching all designers or get approved at meetings if I am 100% sure its a positive step but this is risky and probably unwelcomed situation in company. If this addition breaks some mechanics in game or get negative feedbacks then it will be huge problem. Also we can have language barrier sometimes. Lastly I am using unpaid vac at September so I can miss more questions this month but I try to follow forum everyday (30-60 min a day)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom