Non-existing balance in multiplayer and another problems

Users who are viewing this thread

1. Overpowered cavalry (especially imperial and khuzait)
First problem is that cavalry is too cheap, everyone can afford that class in a few kills. Second problem is horse impact to infantry. Yes, it is realistic, but breaks whole infantry gameplay, horse kicks so much, that recovering time is very high and you are just dying from your enemies when laying on the ground. In Warband this impact was not so big, people have not flied for 5 meters :smile: Although, horses inflict ridiculously big damage to infantry, but when you are trying to hit full armour cataphract, your damege will be ridiculously small. Third problem is that cataphracts are literally invicible and have the longest lance in game and khuzait lancer have glaive which is OP to another sorts of weapons (later about that). Cav in another factions have no chance against them.

2. Underpowered weapons
Time To Kill of Bannerlord is much, much higher than in Warband. Bardiche and two-handed axes cannot one-hit anymore, but, SURPRISE, they have like 2x longer time to swing that menavle, which has much better damage and is much longer. Sorry, but this is bull****, when berdiche is killing with 2-3 hits. Moreover, berdiche, like any other weapon is stopped by players model, it is not coming through it, like in Warband. There is no impact for weapons on armored players you hit, theres no reaction for it. When you use big hammer, you cannot take down them on the ground, like in Warband. One-handed weapons are useless against better armour than just bunch of light clothes.
Bows are useless. Arrows velocity is too slow, and they are dropping really quickly. HEADSHOTS DONT KILL PEOPLE IN A SINGLE SHOT, WHY?? Bows kill people in 3-4 shots, that is not just normal. Crossbows are useless, because they dont have more damage to compensate bow spam.

3. Animations
Animations are too slow, if we will compare them to warband animations, they are ruining whole dynamics of the game. Movement became also really slow, thats one of the reasons, why cavalry is the only meta in game.

4. Custom maps, custom servers and new gamemodes
Where are these things??

5. No FashionBlade in TDM

Why you have cancelled the system, that was in Warband where we could take the equipment we earned or wanted to take. That was really fun to fight without armour with the weapon you wanted. I know, that this system is not good in Skirmish or Captain mode for example, but it MUST be in TDM.

IF YOU WANNA DEFEND CURRENT STATE OF MULTIPLAYER, THEN TELL ME PLEASE, WHY WARBAND HAS HEALTHY PLAYERBASE AND MORE PLAYERS ONLINE, THAN BANNERLORD MP, WHICH IS ALMOST DEAD?

Bannerlord, from an objective standpoint, is more fun and interesting. The people still playing Warband are obviously waiting for BL to go on sale (or their computers aren't beefy enough).

Yes, it has potential for it, but the balance is fully broken and it feels like trash for me now

The systems in the game are more interesting and functional than Warband's. For example, the class system provides players with meaningful choices on how to spend gold. Meanwhile, most of the options in Warband are stupid; why would I care about having leather or chainmail gloves?

If you feel like trash you should get better at the game.

Bannerlord, from an objective standpoint, is more fun and interesting. The people still playing Warband are obviously waiting for BL to go on sale (or their computers aren't beefy enough).
Nope they hate the class system and the gamemode mostly, also some of the combat, 95% of people i played warband with for years dont like the game simple as that.

The systems in the game are more interesting and functional than Warband's. For example, the class system provides players with meaningful choices on how to spend gold. Meanwhile, most of the options in Warband are stupid; why would I care about having leather or chainmail gloves?

If you feel like trash you should get better at the game.
Mad cuz bad is trash argument, please dont be a *****

Two handed weapons do not need to be even stronger.

Khuzait Glaive cav and empire menavlion cav is unfun for new players to fight against, but it is pretty easy to deal with if you have a spear or a bow or a horse.

It’s funny you say that the arrows are not that fast, because they actually just majorly increased their speed. They used to be even slower.

Nope they hate the class system and the gamemode mostly, also some of the combat, 95% of people i played warband with for years dont like the game simple as that.

Cassic warband purists. These people are just washed up boomers who don't want to learn a new game. There is nothing wrong with any of the things you listed. Therefore they're probably afraid of change.

Two handed weapons do not need to be even stronger.

Khuzait Glaive cav and empire menavlion cav is unfun for new players to fight against, but it is pretty easy to deal with if you have a spear or a bow or a horse.

It’s funny you say that the arrows are not that fast, because they actually just majorly increased their speed. They used to be even slower.
I am not a new player, I dont want to change my style of playing just because devs havent balanced their game. Cav is OP bull**** in game.
Two handed weapons must be two handed weapons, not plastic dildos.
Ok, my bad, arrows velocity was fixed a bit, but bows still have small damage, and dont have oneshot head kill, which was in Warband and was a motivation for people to aim better.

Bardiche and two-handed axes cannot one-hit anymore, but, SURPRISE, they have like 2x longer time to swing that menavle, which has much better damage and is much longer. Sorry, but this is bull****, when berdiche is killing with 2-3 hits. Moreover, berdiche, like any other weapon is stopped by players model, it is not coming through it, like in Warband. There is no impact for weapons on armored players you hit, theres no reaction for it. When you use big hammer, you cannot take down them on the ground, like in Warband

The issue isn't so much with the bardiche/2h axes (which IMO are pretty balanced), but rather the menavlion -which is broken.

Also, the knock-down feature in Warband was kind of cheese, ngl. It's actually one of the rare instances where I'm glad something from Warband didn't carry over to Bannerlord.

The keyword of the cav problem is ---- robustness

Balancing cav in skirmish 6 v 6 is as hard as standing an egg on a flat table. It rolls. I don't think there is a stable balancing point that exists in this case.

Even though devs nerf cavs, ppl will still complain.

The same thing happens on archers. It rolls. It snowballs.

Did Warband well balanced? No... Its just better than BL but not fully well done.

People talking about rank or ladder. tryhards vs tryhards. The problem solved by rank is bringing robustness to the system.
6 v 6 skirmish system is fragile, it needs a huge amount of people to achieve the robustness.
Blizzard tried it in Overwatch and failed. They finally force people to use 2-2-2 framework.

The issue isn't so much with the bardiche/2h axes (which IMO are pretty balanced), but rather the menavlion -which is broken.

Also, the knock-down feature in Warband was kind of cheese, ngl. It's actually one of the rare instances where I'm glad something from Warband didn't carry over to Bannerlord.
Yes, but knock-down was a compensation for a very slow mobility of the heavy blunt weapons.
Not only menavlion is broken, but glaive too.

The keyword of the cav problem is ---- robustness

Balancing cav in skirmish 6 v 6 is as hard as standing an egg on a flat table. It rolls. I don't think there is a stable balancing point that exists in this case.

Even though devs nerf cavs, ppl will still complain.

The same thing happens on archers. It rolls. It snowballs.

Did Warband well balanced? No... Its just better than BL but not fully well done.

People talking about rank or ladder. tryhards vs tryhards. The problem solved by rank is bringing robustness to the system.
6 v 6 skirmish system is fragile, it needs a huge amount of people to achieve the robustness.
Blizzard tried it in Overwatch and failed. They finally force people to use 2-2-2 framework.
That are not problems only about Skirmish, but whole MP. Thanks for reply

Stronger 2 handed weapons? Really? They deal an insane amount of damage. Never in Warband were they one hit weapons. In fact, 2 handed weapons are far superior in BL compared to warband

How are bows useless? I don't think it ever had the potential to one shot kill full HP people even in Warband. Anecdotally, a headshot yesterday from an archer at skirmish dealt 102 damage, instantly killing me

Even further nerfing cav? Imo, they are already weaker compared to Warband. It is harder to manoeuvre them to to properly bump infantry and penetrate blocks, while couching from the back rarely deals a 1 shot hit. The only argument that cav is strong compared to Warband is that their horses are tankier. However, they cost 200 gold to spawn, which is 2 times the amount of money for a peasant troop. They also have around the same armor compared to heavy inf

Stronger 2 handed weapons? Really? They deal an insane amount of damage. Never in Warband were they one hit weapons. In fact, 2 handed weapons are far superior in BL compared to warband

How are bows useless? I don't think it ever had the potential to one shot kill full HP people even in Warband. Anecdotally, a headshot yesterday from an archer at skirmish dealt 102 damage, instantly killing me

Even further nerfing cav? Imo, they are already weaker compared to Warband. It is harder to manoeuvre them to to properly bump infantry and penetrate blocks, while couching from the back rarely deals a 1 shot hit. The only argument that cav is strong compared to Warband is that their horses are tankier. However, they cost 200 gold to spawn, which is 2 times the amount of money for a peasant troop. They also have around the same armor compared to heavy inf
Yes, I want a good weapon damage and balance. Two handed axe have a one-hit potential, just try it. It was a compensation for lower mobility.
Ok, why menavle and glaive, having much better speed and length, deal more damage?

I also tried bow yesterday, 99 damage into head is garbage, 30-33 damage into another hitboxes is also garbage.
About cavalry, horses are not just "tankier", they are TANKS. Weapons like glaive, seriously? Overpowered armour, seriously? Every noob can have cavalry in a few minutes and he will kill half of the server.
Cav must cost 400-500 gold, that is fair.

Yes, but knock-down was a compensation for a very slow mobility of the heavy blunt weapons.
Not only menavlion is broken, but glaive too

I was referring more to Warband's 1h maces, which were deceptively fast and could score the knockdown as well -hence why some duel and 2v2/3v3 teamfighting tournaments banned the use of blunt weapons; the knockdown factor was frowned upon.

I never minded the knockdown on great hammer -since a hit from that thing was usually a 1 hit kill anyway lol.

Yeah the menavlion and glaive are a problem. Even as other 2h weapons are getting nerfed in the current hotfixes e.g. voulge and two-handed axe (perhaps a little too much IMO), both menavlion and glaive continue to be extremely deadly with one-shot ability even at point blank range -plus their use on horseback just brings it to a whole other level.

I was referring more to Warband's 1h maces, which were deceptively fast and could score the knockdown as well -hence why some duel and 2v2/3v3 teamfighting tournaments banned the use of blunt weapons; the knockdown factor was frowned upon.

I never minded the knockdown on great hammer -since a hit from that thing was usually a 1 hit kill anyway lol.

Yeah the menavlion and glaive are a problem. Even as other 2h weapons are getting nerfed in the current hotfixes e.g. voulge and two-handed axe (perhaps a little too much IMO), both menavlion and glaive continue to be extremely deadly with one-shot ability even at point blank range -plus their use on horseback just brings it to a whole other level.
Great hammer havent one-shot potential, he had a knockdown feature, but it was very slow, 2h axes were faster and could kill with 1 hit, 2h swords were faster than 2h axes, but had slightly less damage. 1h weapons were universal choice and were balanced between each other and another sorts of weapons.

Back
Top Bottom