Please remove cavalry from skirmishes

Users who are viewing this thread

It's so anti fun it always makes me quit after 1-2 games. Like how is it allowed in a 6v6... small area.. its literally so brain dead and boring. At least make it so only ONE person is allowed to cavalry. Otherwise its ridiculous running around basically playing dodge the horsies while they mob you and stomp u. Soooo anti fun. Like here I am trying to have some fun after a day of work, go on, have some fun melee fights... suddenly get mobbed and ruined by 3 idiots on horses. Tilting AF. I just dont wanna deal with it.

cavalry has already been nerfed greatly, try using a spear perhaps? they are guaranteed to make horses rear up and gives you several free hits
don't blame a troop because you don't put in the effort to learn the game

cavalry has already been nerfed greatly, try using a spear perhaps? they are guaranteed to make horses rear up and gives you several free hits
don't blame a troop because you don't put in the effort to learn the game
Harsh words. I mean having a spear is pretty nice against cav. However when its 3+ you loose track of them really fast and get surprised from behind. What also happens is when you stopped one horse and want to go for the one free hit that you get hit by another cav. Also once you are fighting with another inf or archer you are completely voulnerable to cav without barely any counterplay. I can understand his frustration. And if you forgot the spear or wanted a different perk you are straightup doomed.

Harsh words. I mean having a spear is pretty nice against cav. However when its 3+ you loose track of them really fast and get surprised from behind. What also happens is when you stopped one horse and want to go for the one free hit that you get hit by another cav. Also once you are fighting with another inf or archer you are completely voulnerable to cav without barely any counterplay. I can understand his frustration. And if you forgot the spear or wanted a different perk you are straightup doomed.

With time; awareness and communication improves, so when you stop a cavalry, if communication is good, you can quickly turn and stop the other one or dodge it. Tilde key is an infantry's best friend. This was exactly the same as in warband (which is why most infantry hated open maps) with 4 cavalry on the field, if a team runs 3 cavalry it's usually a sigh of relief for infantry.

Last edited:
With time, awareness and communication improves, so when you stop a cavalry, if communication is good, you can quickly turn and stop the other one or dodge it. Tilde key is an infantry's best friend. This was exactly the same as in warband (which is why most infantry hated open maps) with 4 cavalry on the field, if a team runs 3 cavalry it's usually a sigh of relief for infantry.
I thought we were talking about random lobbys...so communication is out.
Also we are talking about low-medium skill so this supersick awareness is also out.

Now to the tilde key. Are you talking from experience or expectation? Tilde key is so bad in BL due to the slow snap back.
I would be highly impressed if tilde is your best friend in BL and you are using it while being somewhat involved in combat.

I thought we were talking about random lobbys...so communication is out.
Also we are talking about low-medium skill so this supersick awareness is also out.

Now to the tilde key. Are you talking from experience or expectation? Tilde key is so bad in BL due to the slow snap back.
I would be highly impressed if tilde is your best friend in BL and you are using it while being somewhat involved in combat.
you can move it back manually, kekw if your console doesnt open up

Unless either a) you are a very skilled player or b) your 3 opponents are really bad - no matter what 1v3 you get yourself into, you should expect to die most of the time. I don't see this as any class specific issue.

Unless either a) you are a very skilled player or b) your 3 opponents are really bad - no matter what 1v3 you get yourself into, you should expect to die most of the time. I don't see this as any class specific issue.
I completely agree, however keep in mind that cav can create those 3v1 scenarios really fast and always can avoid 1v3. Im not saying it is a problem but I get why it is frustrating for mediocre players.
I am really challenged and even feel helpless somethimes on Soloq when the enemys have 3-6 mediocre cav players. I don't want to know how normal INF players feel.

I completely agree, however keep in mind that cav can create those 3v1 scenarios really fast and always can avoid 1v3. Im not saying it is a problem but I get why it is frustrating for mediocre players.
I am really challenged and even feel helpless somethimes on Soloq when the enemys have 3 mediocre cav players. I don't want to know how normal INF players feel.

They can only create it if you go off solo, and I say this as the first guy to complain when I run off away from my team being surrounded by 4 or 5 guys.

I frequently lose 2 rounds of skirmish, decide to stop being a retard and going solo, and then reverse sweep it because a little teamwork no matter how bad it is, is better than trying to solo the entire enemy team.

If I want to live out my "veteran power fantasy" I go play siege where you can solo plow through all the plebs there.

Cavalry is still really strong (and I would say op but many disagree) because of the bump and the cav hitbox works and because how ****ing fast they are (movement speed and attack speed). Spear damage does not enough damage on horses and it’s absurdly slow compared to cav lance speed. The ratio is basically: cav can attack twice before you can attack once. Atm if you stop a cav and you have no teammate near you you are more at risk than the cav because: he can hit you before because how fast the movement is, and he can escape right after because double w is absurdly fast. You can be full speed in like 2 seconds. Heavy cav needs to be slowed down and their maneuverability needs to be reduced. AND after that, you will need to put cav price at 180. Only after that will cav be a class that requires skill

Cavalry is still really strong (and I would say op but many disagree) because of the bump and the cav hitbox works and because how ****ing fast they are (movement speed and attack speed). Spear damage does not enough damage on horses and it’s absurdly slow compared to cav lance speed. The ratio is basically: cav can attack twice before you can attack once. Atm if you stop a cav and you have no teammate near you you are more at risk than the cav because: he can hit you before because how fast the movement is, and he can escape right after because double w is absurdly fast. You can be full speed in like 2 seconds. Heavy cav needs to be slowed down and their maneuverability needs to be reduced. AND after that, you will need to put cav price at 180. Only after that will cav be a class that requires skill
I agree on all except last point. They need to nerf things like bumps and buff spear damage but they need to reduce the rear angle in return. So nerf the op parts but buff the weak parts.
200g is necessary because otherwise snowballing becomes insane once one team can afford double heavy cav.

Cav totally overpowered doing 40 damage with couched lance, please nerf it. Cav requires no skill..... maybe on TDM. Speaking of bumps, you cant really knock down enemies any more in 90% of cases, bump is the only thing you have to break blocks, if you can't even do that any more just delete horses. Heavy Cav costs 200g it's supposed to win against any other class in a 1v1.... that's not overpowered, it's balanced

Cav totally overpowered doing 40 damage with couched lance, please nerf it. Cav requires no skill..... maybe on TDM. Speaking of bumps, you cant really knock down enemies any more in 90% of cases, bump is the only thing you have to break blocks, if you can't even do that any more just delete horses. Heavy Cav costs 200g it's supposed to win against any other class in a 1v1.... that's not overpowered, it's balanced
The only people who have been refusing cav nerfs so far are main cav players. Having a MAILED armor horse, riding as fast as a courser in warband, and having more maneuverability than the sarranid horse in warband is ****ing bs. I never talked about couches because they were nerf and they are on a good spot now. But bumps are still broken:
- You can put down any foot unit for 5 seconds with a good bump because how ****ing slow the animation to get up is (note that cav can block and often disappear in walls when they are dismounted so they are almost invulnerable when dismounted, omg its so hard). I did some experimentation and when a cav does that and stops right away he can attack you for 20-35 dmg 3/4 times before you get up, that's insane.
- You can bump for up to 20 dmg on a OATHSWORN with a vlandian or aserai heavy cav: that's more dmg than an average 1h sword hit
- Every small bump does 2-6 dmg, and you can cycle bump really fast because of maneuverability
-You can literally move enemies out of a fight by just running on them, because they are moved with you (wow skill based)
- Bump stab is not that hard anymore because every small bump removes the shield block

And that's only for bumps. The attack speed of cav is too fast, especially after foot units speed was reduced. You can hit above any shield with the upper hit if done well. So no, cav isn't balanced.

Yeah softbumps should be easier and the hard bumps stay like this. but the bump duration is far over the top... Couchlances should be a safe oneshot as always, no clue why they changed that. All that couch lances needed was a cooldown and spears working like they do now.

But your last point is really stupid. Cav should never win a 1v1 against INF. Because the cav can always decide if he wants to go in or not. Cav is 200g because they are most effective at killing distracted people and this is perfectly fine. Cav still does the most damage in the game.

Just take a look at the mvp picture in my signature, all red. This is not how balanced classes look like. Nerfs were needed.

@Aprikosenmann Well I don't have a problem dealing 1v1 with cav while playing inf, as long as I have a spear or throwing weapons, but according to this thread people have a really hard time.
@Alyss Comparing Warband to Bannerlord is stupid. How are couched lances in a good spot when using a thrust deals more damage? Knocking down people has become way harder, 15-20 charge damage maybe against a peasant, the animation might be too long i agree. While i was in the combat change group i was vocal in favor of nerfing cav (200g,long spears for inf, greater rear cone, reducing knockdowns, less horse armour), just didn't expect them to do them all at once.
I just think to call cavs overpowered at the current state is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom