1.5 feedback from myself and "KO" Clan

Users who are viewing this thread

Firstly we want to state that this patch has been an improvement and a step in the right direction for Bannerlord. KO has about 12 active players with 500+ hours each. Many of us have been in the community for years whether that be in Native Warband, PW, or NW. KO as a clan has been playing Bannerlord since early in the Multiplayer Beta and have been through its many tribulations and have knocked our heads on our desks when Bannerlord was released to EA in its obviously underwhelming state. That being said this is some of our feedback where it relates to the Multiplayer as it stands in 1.5.0!

1. Crush-through in relation to two-handers are WAAAAAAAAYYYY to OP and have no place in this game. They make skillful duels or fights totally void when you can simply go through a block, especially a shield with a maul.

2. Block hitboxes, should be reevaluated. Some attacks that should be blocked are making it through, so this is a must

3. Speed of attacks needs to be reevaluated as well. Start with 2-handers as in their current speed makes them OP in some circumstances especially with crush-through existing in its current state. One-handers are bearable for the moment but could have a look into in the future.

4. Throwables is a huge bone I have to pick. Those who know me or have faced me know that I am a dead shot with throwables, but in their current state they cant hit a broadside of a barn. Also their current accuracy or lack there of makes hitting cavalry extremely difficult, especially in quickly developing situations. Also the ineffectiveness of throwables also seems to have a direct impact on horse classes being overpowered in some standpoint as well as them being spammed on multiplayer since a once effecting counter to them has been severely nerfed

5. Cav Couching, some of our members are concerned by the fact that couching a heavily armored unit doesn't always kill them one hit. I do agree with one of their suggestions where if they couch someone in the back or flank they should go down no matter what when moving at full speed.

6. We want New Gamemodes. Something that involves more players so that we can make use of our entire clan at a time. Something Like battle, that has team-damage. Because all this patching in multiplayer has only been for a 6v6 gamemode and who knows how these weapon and armor stats will be in a gamemode with more players. Some may point out Siege and TDM but those are gamemodes without teamdamage where the largest mob wins. So pls focus on developing this game to be something other than a 6v6 gamemode show piece and gives us more content not only to expand what our clan can play together, but also something to cater to larger teamwork driven play. Especially if Private servers are added it would be nice to have the ability to have clan battles and organized play again.

If anyone has feedback of their own please put it into the comments. Feel free to criticize our list as im sure you will below as well.

EDIT: 7. Also want to put it out there that horse archers are more accurate than foot archers and need a nerf asap, either nerf them or buff normal archers cause it shouldn't be that way.

Last edited:
I urge you to keep trying out the throwing weapons. The way they work now is new and weird but once you get into a rhythm they can still be super effective.

Good post overall.

I urge you to keep trying out the throwing weapons. The way they work now is new and weird but once you get into a rhythm they can still be super effective.

Good post overall.
Ya I've had a large learning curve over the last few days with them, though I do think that either they can be slightly more accurate or maybe make the inaccuracy time smaller

Agree with the battle mode.

The real issue right now is we are testing a game which totally designed on large scale battle. We only get a 6v6 mode for testing.

In a 6v6(or less) game, every individual is important. Because once your team loses a key role(in this case, anyone is the key role) you might lose a war. So how do other 6v6 games make fighting sustainable? Healers.
We don't have and we don't need a healer. Instead of magic, we unite and fight. So we need more people for "redundancy"
In a small scale game, devs also tend to make characters can do anything. It's a good strategy to prevent snowball. Someone died, others fill up that position. But we have 3 main roles which can't replace each other.
In a small scale battle, people tend to run from their counters. "catching and running" are sorts of "balanced" but it's not what we love, we want to fight. In a large scale battle, you are in a group combined with different roles so your "natural enemy" will not be an issue. you can easier find somewhere suits you and have your fun.
Yeah, we can treat skirmish as group fight but how about taking flags? It's also a conflicting design.
A lot of design conflicts. They need to rethink that.

This game itself is not polished enough to start thinking balance. Be fluent first, make consistent design, then balance.
it's my opinion.

KO is a joke of a clan. Don't understand why anyone would want their feedback. The only thing they're above average in is being racist, lmao.

I urge you to not listen to this guy, everything they write is bad and wrong.

4. Throwables is a huge bone I have to pick. Those who know me or have faced me know that I am a dead shot with throwables, but in their current state they cant hit a broadside of a barn. Also their current accuracy or lack there of makes hitting cavalry extremely difficult, especially in quickly developing situations. Also the ineffectiveness of throwables also seems to have a direct impact on horse classes being overpowered in some standpoint as well as them being spammed on multiplayer since a once effecting counter to them has been severely nerfed

It is so weird how unrealistic and bad they've made throwables, they were perfect, absolutely nothing wrong and TW decides to just make it so ridiculously slow and crap

Rythm of combat looks so dumb now

Why

I urge you to not listen to this guy, everything they write is bad and wrong.

It is so weird how unrealistic and bad they've made throwables, they were perfect, absolutely nothing wrong and TW decides to just make it so ridiculously slow and crap

Rythm of combat looks so dumb now

Why
Just hold the button for an extra .5 seconds and throwing weapons work exactly like they always have.

Back
Top Bottom