Archers in 1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, and you being solely focussed on skirmish with your "goals" (where somehow everyone needs a shield ? ) is why you shouldn't neither. Would be awesome in TDM and in Siege, even in Captain in an adapted form.
Well CDJCrXX (however u spell it) asked for 6v6 not 50v50. You can't possibly make a formation in 6v6, this isn't naruto

That way or the desparately-shooting-arrows-at-the-shieldwall-and-then-being-hacked-way
Hacked away by who? There are only 6 people on your team in a 6v6. If you have 3 people absorbing arrows in a shield wall, that means you only have 3 other people who can push the archers. The enemy team has 6 people as well. If you have 3 people just standing in a line, that means the other half of your team is outnumbered while trying to push.

If you are suggesting that the shield wall itself is what is pushing towards the archers, and I really hope youre not suggesting that, you are demonstrating very little understanding of how peoples brains work. If two archers see 3 people in a line walking towards them...the archers will just...walk away...and spread out so that they both cant be pushed at the same time. Equipping a bow doesnt remove your ability to use the wasd keys on your keyboard.

Hacked away by who? There are only 6 people on your team in a 6v6. If you have 3 people absorbing arrows in a shield wall, that means you only have 3 other people who can push the archers. The enemy team has 6 people as well. If you have 3 people just standing in a line, that means the other half of your team is outnumbered while trying to push.

If you are suggesting that the shield wall itself is what is pushing towards the archers, and I really hope youre not suggesting that, you are demonstrating very little understanding of how peoples brains work. If two archers see 3 people in a line walking towards them...the archers will just...walk away...and spread out so that they both cant be pushed at the same time. Equipping a bow doesnt remove your ability to use the wasd keys on your keyboard.

I am not especially focussed on your skirmish scenario and depending on the sorroundings it could be a good or bad idea. If the archers stand against a wall they could be trapped or could be forced to abandon the flag. It would be a great feature, even if you have difficulties admitting it.

Metafa, quick question. Do you think in a 6v6 game mode we should line up in formations?
I think so. It should be a kind of snap option to align to it up until the point any portion of it is involved in a battle, you could participate or not.
I am not especially focussed on your skirmish scenario and depending on the sorroundings it could be a good or bad idea. If the archers stand against a wall they could be trapped or could be forced to abandon the flag. It would be a great feature, even if you have difficulties admitting it.

Not inconsistent..

It's ok guys I know. It doesn't help your standing in this kind of chauvinistic virtual hierarchy to openly admit it's a good idea to have as an option in MP

Not inconsistent..

It's ok guys I know. It doesn't help your standing in this kind of chauvinistic virtual hierarchy to openly admit it's a good idea to have as an option in MP

It would be a fun option to add for non serious events and for dramatic videos making purposes; A good comparison could be the "walk" option that was added

It doesn't especially for the horse archer. In Bannerlord there are mostly closed spaces so you always have other cavalry coming at you from the front. With all curves and edges you have AT MAX 1 second to aim at the guy rapidly approaching you with a 2-3 meter lance to shoot him and stun him before you'll INEVITABLY have 1 huge hole in your stomach. That is NOT possible if you have to wait 2-3 seconds for the aim to "normalize". NOT possible. Sure you can hit someone randomly. But that's it. That's not the way I'm playing. Saying anything else to the contrary is just you being happy not to be bothered by arrows, not a logical conclusion.
If you're in danger of dying as horse archer, you're playing it wrong.

I don't want 50 arrows.. or a 2 mph faster horse. I want to be able to shoot some numbnut coming at me with a combined speed of 100mph which I just saw a second ago if my aiming skill allows it. Otherwise as said, you can completely ditch the whole class. At that aiming speed you have to give me a chariot with weapons on the wheels, because you can't do **** about approaching cavalry right now. At least not reliably. Or some spearman with broad shoulders pointing a 3-4 meter long stick at you.
You want horse archers to have no counter, because based on your previous posts, you're not interested in learning the game, you want to play for fun and kill people. Thats not how a skill based game works. Imagine playing CS and saying yeah but I dont want to use the reload mechanic for my guns and honestly the game shouldnt force me to.

You often can't. Also that way you'll never reach a decent amount of kills. There are no horse-archer-adjusted multiplayer maps in BL. So that's the way to get kills, everything else is just playing around 2 min, ditch it, and play another class.
Right, so you also want to be the number one player, while never being in risk of death.

He doesn't shoot warbow. Im like all that kind of videos when people makes trick by weak bows and says "WoW look at me im bow God" This has nothing to do with battle scenario.

Not a Warbow, sure but I can Accurately fire my 80lb Hunting Recurve in under a second at 75 yards. "Instinctive Shooting" where the archer is trained to just point and fire, no "Aiming" neccessary, all muscle memory. There are plenty of bows in the game that arent "Warbows" That could also be fire this way and just as deadly.

If I can fire and kill a deer in the time it takes to blink, with a Wooden, traditional style recurve, then yes, you could also be trained to do this in medieval times, where hunting would not only be a hobby but a job, on top of the Military Training for archers.

Bows are not Sniper rifles, and outside of the Olympics, and Movies, most Archers don't have a 5 second wind up, and wait to release. Point, fire, forget.

I dont normally play range classes unless I need a gameplay change or too much infantry/cav on the team so I dont want to talk about my very limited experience. But I can say that, honestly, eventhough I dislike the mindset of the average archer-player, I feel they are underpowered in Bannerlord. Most of the Bannerlord archers doesnt really hurt, if this is due to the range Im hit from or a weak weapon, I dont know. This is just my experience. Melee wise, unless you face an archer who actually knows how to footwork and block, its easy game, cloth and mostly very short weapon. I feel some of the archer classes could use a little dev-love.
It is a very very very fine line. Cross it and the game is ruined.

About the cav couch... Please. Cav is powerful as it should be. They can be dodged. Learn to be aware and deal with it, bring or pick up spears: Rear the horse, change weapon, 1-2 overhead headshots and horse is RIP, enjoy killing the downed rider. Cav is expensive for a reason, they are powerful. Maybe the price could be increased but powerwise, I dont personally feel they are OP in any way. Always loved the fact that couch cooldown was removed, always hated it in Warband, not at all realistic in any way or form.

For those people that argue that archers are fine now that they have been nerfed, what do you think about the way the crosshair closes over time as you draw your bow?

For those people that argue that archers are fine now that they have been nerfed, what do you think about the way the crosshair closes over time as you draw your bow?
not enjoyable. But if everyone wants throwing and cav nerfed, you gotta do something about archers aswell.

I think archers are in a decent place right now, acting more in a support role (as they should). They are an essential part of the team and definitely hold their own when it comes to kills and assists in the larger game modes.
I'm not great at the game but still managed this last night. Followed it up with a round of crossbows and scored well in that match too.
archersiege.jpg

Archers are quite alright seeing how the only nerf they got is longer aim time and you can still gamble and take quick shots anyway. Everything else that's strong about archery is still there. If you were popping heads before, you will still be popping heads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom