Upcoming changes, some facts etc. about the game from the devs in ESO stream

Users who are viewing this thread

-They didn't add autoblock option first because of multiplayer, you have to learn to block if you want to survive in multiplayer etc. It wasn't hard to implement

-The game didn't have enough women so they added over 100 women to the game couple of months ago (I don't know if they said this)

-They are working on an education system for your heir so when you die and start controlling your heir, he/she will start with some skills. It is coming in the next few
patches. If I understood it right it will be like the first character creating screen, I might be wrong

-You can get some equipment after capturing the lords not kill them, Armagan said not all of them because like your own troops looted it or it got damaged etc.

-A dev (I think it is Duh) says the sieges are going to be a very long-term process because they are adding new scenes, every time they add a new scene they have to work with other challenges, because of the AI and because of the specific scene factors, how the siege equipment goes etc They will be busy with this quite a lot time.

-Some bugs about weird AI behavior isn't because of the AI but because of the scene.

-As they said in the scene editor live, they are taking inspirations from real castles but they aren't direct replicas. They think sieges like a chess match.

-They don't have a plan to add naval combat in the near future because it is as complicated as land combat, they will finish the game first add missing features etc. Armagan said we will work on naval combat in the future PROBABLY, but it is something they are very very interested in

-Adding banners (battle banners) is something they are interested in. They will test some features about banners having effects on nearby troops but there is a high chance it will just be a visual effect

-They added a campaign because there were a lot of people who wanted to have a direction, a little bit of nudge. ESO says I agree with them and felt overwhelmed in the original game (Warband I guess), a new player can feel very overwhelmed if it was fully sandbox, like Warband. They have plans on story mode but they don't say when they are going to make them, the campaign mode will be tighter and have more challenges in the endgame

-They will add a full sandbox mode, if you don't like the campaign you can play it or want to be completely free.

-Their main target is still sandbox, an original mount & blade feeling.

-They love voice acting and add voice lines as much as possible. They won't voice act every sentence because there are lots of scripted lines (Bring me 5 longswords for example) but they will add as much as possible that way the player can feel they are interacting with a person

-Right now they are working on the conspiracy thing quest

-They are working on side quests as well

-They are working on siege towers, AI not using 3 ladders etc.

-Sometimes the updates are coming slow because they can't fix an issue in beta branch

-the developers confirmed that they will add the mod tools later this month. I estimate it will be between 30 and 31 (From user Argientinan_Juan)

-They are interested in a duel between a castles lord and you (just like the hideout boss thing) after you take the castle, as well as something like Warband's system, at some point enemy soldiers are retreating to the keep and you win the battle (or you kill them I don't know) but they say this is too early to discuss this. They didn't add it because they thought many duels would bore the player but this is something we can see in the future

-They have lots of plans about crafting / smithing and improvinig them, they actually like the current system but they think the gameplay and weights worked (I don't
know what this means) is not ideal in many ways, they know there is too much grinding so they would like to reduce that and introduce some new gameplay mechanics. They will make it a little bit more skill-based and more fun and interesting, it is something they will definitely work on

From user @cyberonn

-AI tries to make every arrow count when they have less arrows (like they don't shoot arrows to a shieldwall or to a far target)

-They will balance death of lords in battles but they think that it is good to have the higher percentage for now as it lets them to see the outcomes of death of the lords better for testing.

-They will add cutscenes to the campaign.

-Cheering and taunts will be added to the multiplayer

I watched it when they were talking about singleplayer, they play multiplayer like 1 hour after this and talk about multiplayer I guess so you can watch it. I may have missed some points if you know then please let me know I'll add it.

Last edited:
-The game didn't have enough women so they added over 100 women to the game couple of months ago (I don't know if they said this)

It was in one of the major patches a while back, and people were all excited because it created more candidates for them for marriage as well, only to find out that all the new women added to the game had abysmal stats, even in things like stewardship which is usually high for non-combatants. It was like all these lords had illegitimate daughters hidden away somewhere that they did not want anyone else to know about, and someone posted on Calradia's wikileaks about their existence, so they were all brought out into the light of day.

Thanks for posting this information here and sharing it on the forums. I appreciate your efforts here OP. Sounds like they are going to edit the scenes and possibly the towers to help the soldiers get up them better. I wonder if they will space the ladders further apart? I hope they make that a priority. It's nice to see the rest of this and I agree with the direction they are taking it. I wasn't holding my breath for boats. I'm betting they will come in a DLC.

It was in one of the major patches a while back, and people were all excited because it created more candidates for them for marriage as well, only to find out that all the new women added to the game had abysmal stats, even in things like stewardship which is usually high for non-combatants. It was like all these lords had illegitimate daughters hidden away somewhere that they did not want anyone else to know about, and someone posted on Calradia's wikileaks about their existence, so they were all brought out into the light of day.
I guess I missed that, thanks
Thanks for posting this information here and sharing it on the forums. I appreciate your efforts here OP. Sounds like they are going to edit the scenes and possibly the towers to help the soldiers get up them better. I wonder if they will space the ladders further apart? I hope they make that a priority. It's nice to see the rest of this and I agree with the direction they are taking it. I wasn't holding my breath for boats. I'm betting they will come in a DLC.
thank you too, I was just listening the stream while playing a casual game and took notes when they talked about features etc. and thought people should know this too

You forgot to mention that the developers confirmed that they will add the mod tools later this month. I estimate it will be between 30 and 31

Nordic Invasion DLC with a few nee factions would be great.

-They are interested in a duel between a castles lord and you (just like the hideout boss thing) after you take the castle, as well as something like Warband's system, at some point enemy soldiers are retreating to the keep and you win the battle (or you kill them I don't know) but they say this is too early to discuss this. They didn't add it because they thought many duels would bore the player but this is something we can see in the future

So we will probably never see this : https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/105

But I think the most urgent and important thing to fix is the siege battle that are currently completely broken. They are currently worse than at EA release (apart performance)

But I think the most urgent and important thing to fix is the siege battle that are currently completely broken. They are currently worse than at EA release (apart performance)
not completly broken.... its that the AI have problems using ladders and siege towers. i think it may be the case of bad pathfinding, but im not very experianced player, nor do i know about games so... thats just my assumption
The moment the gates are open, the AI start to work properly.
Id say there is more problem with setting the troops up on the defence. i didnt had much chance of defending castles, but when i did, it was very hard to mount troops in positions. Least thats my experiance with it.

A question: A dev said we saw some people already played almost a 1000 hours in the forums, who are them?
Me exceeded 1k some time ago :smile:

Now that death is working there's starting to not be enough men. Hunting accidents and what not.

Thanks a lot for sharing!:smile:

Why have they chosen Danny (ESO) to do this? He is a very nice guy, honest and competent, but he is not the most experienced M&B Youtuber out there...

Thanks a lot for sharing!:smile:

Why have they chosen Danny (ESO) to do this? He is a very nice guy, honest and competent, but he is not the most experienced M&B Youtuber out there...

I think ESO is a really good fit. His audience is large, consists of RPG and MMO players, and he could get many hooked on BL. He also has been making BL content and it does really good on his channel.

I was taking some notes as well but you took way more notes than me. Thanks for the good work.

Here is the notes I took. Some are obviously same as yours but I think I have some additional things.
  • Now they are working on improving crafting, diplomacy, battles, sieges, giving orders easily, making companions and family members lead formations.
  • AI tries to make every arrow count when they have less arrows.
  • They will balance death of lords in battles but they think that it is good to have the higher percentage for now as it lets them to see the outcomes of death of the lords better for testing purposes.
  • They are working on educating children and having an input on them
  • Improvement of sieges will be a very long time process
  • They are considering doing naval combat after finishing the game because they want to do it properly and don't want to make the release of the game take forever
  • They want to make banners something useful and make it work with captain mechanics and order of battle mechanics and then implement them into the game
  • They will add a complete free campaign mode(sandbox)
  • They will add cutscenes in the campaign
  • Adding voice acting in every part of the game is very hard due to any character can say any thing due to complex script of the game but they will try to find the middle ground and add enough voice acting
  • Cheering and taunts will be added to the multiplayer
  • Crafting will be improved and grindyness will be decreased. It will be more skill based.
  • And Duh said "Armağan abi" in the stream and I found it cute :smile: (Abi means elder brother in Turkish and it is used for men older than you and men you respect too other than your blood-related elder brother. It is good to see that Duh got used to Turkish culture in 1.5 years.)

Back
Top Bottom