Diplomacy Developments

Users who are viewing this thread

There isn't a bridge there in Warband though and to be honest, having a bridge there I think would just make it worse for Sturgia, because then Vlandia will have an easier time attacking them without giving sturgia the extra time to defend.

One of sturgias issues is that its a very long and thin country, so travel time is very very long, which is just added on to the fact thats mostly an infantry faction
+1 to this
I actually was thinking about the same thing (to put bridge there) when I realized there is no bridge there. However playing as Sturgia I completely agree it would be lot worse for Sturgia. There would be another entry point into Sturgian territory. It is hard to defend even what is there atm.
First is split into 2 sections - first where it has contact points with Vlandia and Battania, second contact points with WE and NE - on this point Khuzaits and Aserai has to go through Empire territories (which are many times enemy territory). It's actually pretty fun to defend this border of Sturgia.
Second is contact point (Tyal) with Khuzaits, Secondary WE. Side note, Vladiv Castle was my first castle in my first kingdom so I like that border also.
But these 2 are very far away and it's pretty hard to move your forces from one point to another. This was the reason I thought Sturgia usually can only handle 2 faction wars (on each side one).

However this one suggestion shows exactly how drastic effect might have map changes on a game play. I am pretty sure this is one of the reasons map changes would be rejected.

@mexxico - please ignore some people on this forum. Thanks for your support. Plus, take your time and enjoin your vacation :smile:

Yes it would make sense to implement the same for hot weather and give Aserai an advantage too but they seem to do alright in my recent campaigns so far so I didn't want to make them have too much advantage. But I wouldn't say no if heat morale loss could be implemented with some balance. Having to provide drink in deserts or having to provide hardwood in cold weather could be cool too and would provide some depth to logistics.

This read below can give some insight about logistics on desert.
image.png
It felt weird for me to be able to chase desert bandits for days on Aserai desert. If we had to visit oasises for water supply, had to bring beer and wine(and maybe water if we get a feature to store it) it would make deserts in the game seem as dangerous places as they are in real life. And according to the text above, a nerf to the speed of horses on desert would make sense too which would give camels a use.

Instead of morale, could increase food consumption in snow. This would slow down northern invasions

How about giving all factions (except Sturgia) a morale loss (both party morale and the morale in battle) in cold weather? There is dynamic weather in the game but it has no use other than visuals. Armies in the past had to abandon sieges and had to end campaigns due to weather conditions. This can give Sturgians an advantage. They already move less slowly on snowy regions (I don't know if it is implemented yet) so it would make sense for the faction.

I think that weather, terrain corelated, sieges with a movement type (on foot or mounted) or generally enviroment related buffs may add variety and interesting behaviours and hopefully help balance the game.

My proposal:

Environmental:

Sturgia:

Advantages:

+2 to fighting on the snow, +2 to movement on the snow, +1 to forest fighting, +1 forest movement, +1 to fighting in the mountains, +1 to movment in the mountains,

Disadvantages:

-2 to figthing on the desert, -2 to movement on the desert, -1 to fighting on the steppe, -1 to movement on the steppe

Neutral:

Fighting and Moving through plains

Battania

Advantages:

+2 to forest fighting, +2 forest movement, +2 to fighting in the mountains, +2 to movment in the mountains, +1 to fighting on the snow, +1 to movement on the snow,

+1 to movement in the plains, +1 to fighting on the plains

Disadvantages:

-2 to figthing on the desert, -2 to movement on the desert, -1 to fighting on the steppe (explanation: they are not used to fight in the vast landscapes having only horizon on sight..), -1 to movement on the steppe (explanation: no single tree ? where are we ? )

Neutral:

Battanians are well known extremists. No neutral behaviours.

Vlandia (Pretty much jack of all trades type of nation)

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

-1 to figthing on the desert, -1 to movement on the desert,

Neutral:

All other.

Empire

Advantages:

+2.5 to movement in the plains, +2.5 to fighting on the plains (Their are disciplined infantry based nation imho - must have somehow conquered all this land)

Disadvantages:

-0.5 to figthing in the mountains, -0.5 to movement in the mountains, -0.5 to fighting on the steppe, -0.5 to movement on the steppe, -0.5 to figthing on the desert, -0.5 to movement on the desert,

Neutral:

All other - forests and snow are neutral to them, as they learned to deal with both through conquest.

Khuzait

Environmental Advantages:

+2.5 to movement in the steppes, +2.5 to fighting on the steppes, +1.5 to movement in the plains, +1.5 to fighting on the plains, +1.0 to movement on the desert, +1.0 to fighting on the desert

Environmental Disadvantages:

-1 to fighting on the snow, -1 to movement on the snow, -1.5 to forest fighting, -1.5 forest movement, -2 to movement in the mountains, -2 to fighting in the mountains,

Neutral:
None

Aserai

+2 to figthing on the desert, +2 to movement on the desert, +1 to fighting on the steppe, +1 to movement on the steppe

-2 to fighting on the snow, -2 to movement on the snow, -1.5 to forest fighting, -1.5 forest movement,

Neutral:

Fighting and moving on the planes.
They also don't care what type of mountains they are travelling through.

Sieges:

Offensive sieges:

- Preffered nations: Sturgia, Vlandia
- Not preffered nations: Khuzait, let us not cripple them to much, Aserai instead

Devensive sieges:

- Preffered: Vlandia, Empire, Sturgia
- Not preffered: Khuzait

Battania neutral for both types

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can always adjust those numbers. The question is how applicable this would be to the code..

P.S. I believe i see trade as the one which might also be affected.

Last edited:
Instead of morale, could increase food consumption in snow. This would slow down northern invasions

+1

Nations such as Aserai feeling especially bad about cold, depressed by weather and eating more while conquering Sturgia,... and the other way around ? Sounds interesting.

i mean most the stuff they break they fix in the next patch
They do. Don't pay any mind to MostBlunted's comments.

I think that weather, terrain corelated, sieges with a movement type (on foot or mounted) or generally enviroment related buffs may add variety and interesting behaviours and hopefully help balance the game.

My proposal:

Environmental:

Sturgia:

Advantages:

+2 to fighting on the snow, +2 to movement on the snow, +1 to forest fighting, +1 forest movement, +1 to fighting in the mountains, +1 to movment in the mountains,

Disadvantages:

-2 to figthing on the desert, -2 to movement on the desert, -1 to fighting on the steppe, -1 to movement on the steppe

Neutral:

Battania

Advantages:

+2 to forest fighting, +2 forest movement, +2 to fighting in the mountains, +2 to movment in the mountains, +1 to fighting on the snow, +1 to movement on the snow,

Disadvantages:

-2 to figthing on the desert, -2 to movement on the desert, -1 to fighting on the steppe (explanation: they are not used to fight in the vast landscapes having only horizon on sight..), -1 to movement on the steppe (explanation: no single tree ? where are we ? )

Neutral:

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

Neutral:

All other.

Empire

Advantages:

+2.5 to movement in the plains, +2.5 to fighting on the plains (Their are disciplined infantry based nation imho - must have somehow conquered all this land)

Disadvantages:

-0.5 to figthing in the mountains, -0.5 to movement in the mountains, -0.5 to fighting on the steppe, -0.5 to movement on the steppe, -0.5 to figthing on the desert, -0.5 to movement on the desert,

Neutral:

All other - forests and snow are neutral to them, as they learned to deal with both through conquest.

Khuzait

+2.5 to movement in the steppes, +2.5 to fighting on the steppes, +1.5 to movement in the plains, +1.5 to fighting on the plains, +1.0 to movement on the desert, +1.0 to fighting on the desert

-1 to fighting on the snow, -1 to movement on the snow, -1.5 to forest fighting, -1.5 forest movement, -2 to movement in the mountains, -2 to fighting in the mountains,

Neutral:
None

Aserai

+2 to figthing on the desert, +2 to movement on the desert, +1 to fighting on the steppe, +1 to movement on the steppe

-2 to fighting on the snow, -2 to movement on the snow, -1.5 to forest fighting, -1.5 forest movement,

Neutral:

Sieges:

Offensive sieges:

- Not preffered nations: Khuzait, let us not cripple them to much, Aserai instead

Devensive sieges:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can always adjust those numbers. The question is how applicable this would be to the code..

+1, really neat balancing suggestion, something along those lines would definitely even the odds!

@mexxico Any news on the ETA of today's hot-fix?? :grin:

@musashii89 I am trying to be transparent and give you all information. I know this can create problems like this, in past it created, in Warband times I was giving and collecting info at forums too, this always created some minor problems. But even these risks I cannot be non-transparent as characteristic, I like sharing info and collecting info to reach best. I can keep this solution secret and then you never know it and never understand it. It will not effect your gameplay negatively. Lets say its a game rule applied to all kingdoms not only AI. There is nothing special to AI here. If only solution is redesigning map as you suggest it is a huge cycle and need to get approved (probably it will not) then I cant help players. If there is something small I can do which improves your gameplay I am trying to do find and apply them.

By the way we workers at TW did not took your money (we are regular workers like you all, I do not have any share (only a small amount from profit promised to all company)) or be AFK. You can see this game is not like my work its like a hobbie. Regular wage I am getting here is not important number. I am here nearly 24 hours a day (except 6 hour sleep). Thats why soon I will take an unpaid vacation (i used paid one after code refactor thing in July) and will be away for a time because I am spending so much time and actually it is meaningless because life (friends, family) is more important. If you are upset because of something you should make your adress correctly. You can be right about some critisism I have problems here too but I think this post is not right place. I am not the guy that took your money or be AFK after it. If you get angry about something if you think TW is AFK you can make your critisism about this in another post.

Anyway I like to discuss only developments this will be first and last things I wrote out of topic.
For the record @mexxico, the vast majority of us players really appreciate this topic and all the work you have put into this game. Thanks again for all your efforts.

After even more time invested, I can definitely say playing with Sturgia is much better now. We ended up in a couple more wars over time, but we made peace at smart times. We payed Battania 2500k tribute to get off our backs, and then we were able to get some advantage back on Vlandia and made peace earning 1500k, and then we were only at war with Western empire. I tried to get the 5k, but sturgia wanted to make peace earning 3500 tribute. Now we are at war with Northern Empire and it keeps getting up into the 4000s tribute but falls back down a bit always just before I can get the 5000. So I wasn't able to get it yesterday. We'll see if I can get it today

My proposal:

Environmental:

Sturgia:

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

Neutral:

Battania

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

Neutral:

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

Neutral:

All other.

Empire

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

Neutral:

Khuzait

Neutral:
None

Aserai

Neutral:

Sieges:

Offensive sieges:

Devensive sieges:

Big fan of this type of logic but wouldnt we need another layer of Campaign AI to decide to factor in to Kingdoms decisions such as would the Khuzaits risk going to Sturgia in Winter etc..?

Big fan of this type of logic but wouldnt we need another layer of Campaign AI to decide to factor in to Kingdoms decisions such as would the Khuzaits risk going to Sturgia in Winter etc..?
While it sounds nice on paper I guess this will cause a lot of other issues.

The problem is the auto resolve in my opinion, Khuzait is too strong becuase of the cav bonus in auto resolve.

While it sounds nice on paper I guess this will cause a lot of other issues.

The problem is the auto resolve in my opinion, Khuzait is too strong becuase of the cav bonus in auto resolve.
Auto resolve should penalize horses in snow and mountains and woods giving it a trifecta of Bad in Sturgia. Add to that a desert climate people getting another negative. That is why Hannibal was so rare -crossing the alps with elephants and all

Play around environment is a really good point. And it has sense, I mean, is normal to have an advantage on your own territory because you know it better than your enemy, instead increase power on autocalc for no real reason, you could make every faction stronger when fighting in their territory.

Regarding this - achievement C. 5K from single faction or in total :smile: ?

Well done!

All three achievements are unlocked.

A) Your faction will get 8000 tribute while you are a vassal in any kingdom
(First completed by @cyberonn)

B) Get 8000 tribute payment to your kingdom as a king
(First completed by @Nodice83)

C) Get 5000 tribute payment from any kingdom while you are sturgian vassal
(First completed by @Worlok)

Yeah, i don't know but i guess it is doable.. easy ? probably not.

Don't get me wrong i'am not saying it's fair they get it in the first place but...

I would stop concentrating that much on them and create a web of opportunities for all factions, more strategic approach rather than simply nerfing a faction. I know i know they deserved that...and they got what they deserved in the last patch :grin:

Sturgian or any other faction's folk thinking should be (imho): Khuzait are mighty strong but we stand a chance in our own soil (or snow, or sand... :grin:) where horses should not be galloping so freely through all terrain difficulties like those shown before.

e.g. Sturgia should be strong at home and eat dirt everywhere else in my opinion.. They are not robust faction with their unit rooster... on the contrary to Khuzaits, Vlandia and Empire - born conquerors.

By the way I finished a latest 10 year run with hotfix adjustments (you do not have them yet) and here are results :

1084 :
sum15, p, as x se, -2140
sum15, w, ne x we
sum20, p, ne x we, -480
aut08, w, st x ne
aut11, w, se x ne
aut12, w, as x we
aut12, p, we x bt, 970
aut15, p, ne x st, -290
aut21, w, bt x ne
win01, p, ne x se, 1630
win05, w, se x as
win05, p, as x we, -1140
win12, p, bt x ne, -1480
win16, w, we x se
win19, w, bt x we
win19, p, as x se, -1480
win21, w, as x vl

nsVbz.png
1085 :
spr01, p, se x we, 0
spr02, p, vl x st, -350
spr05, w, st x ne
spr09, p, kh x ne, -3430
sum04, p, ne x st, 110
sum05, w, kh x st
sum07, w, ne x we
sum10, w, se x as
sum12, p, vl x as, -350
sum17, w, ne x kh
sum18, p, st x kh, 270
aut02, p, ne x we, -890
aut09, w, vl x st
aut12, w, st x ne
aut16, p, as x se, 0
aut17, st x ne, -850
win06, w, as x vl
win14, w, se x we
win15, p, bt x we, -3200
win18, w, bt x vl

Fd3X_.png
1086 :
spr02, p, as x vl, -2450
spr05, p, we x se, 720
spr09, w, as x se
spr12, p, kh x ne, -1980
spr18, w, vl x st, 840
spr21, w, st x bt
spr21, w, ne x se
spr21, w, se x ne, 400
sum01, w, ne x bt
sum02, p, bt x vl, 800
sum02, w, we x bt
sum06, w, vl x as
sum06, p, bt x st, 930
sum07, p, as x se, 1010
sum08, w, kh x se
sum09, w, st x ne
sum15, p, ne x st, 840
sum19, w, st x we
sum21, p, bt x ne, -1230
aut15, p, we x st, 680
aut21, w, st x kh
aut21, p, kh x se, -1810
win06, w, ne x we
win11, p, bt x we, -1090
win12, w, ne x st
win12, w, vl x st
win13, w, se x we
win14, p, st x ne, -130

a5gM3.png
1087 :
spr01, p, st x kh, 550
spr06, w, kh x se
spr07, w, bt x vl
spr09, p, we x se, -1290
spr09, w, as x se
spr09, p, se x as, 1750
spr15, p, we x ne, -230
spr20, w, as x vl
spr20, p, bt x vl, -1640
sum02, w, bt x ne
sum07, w, kh x ne
sum13, w, we x bt
sum14, p, ne x bt, 1970
sum21, p, se x kh, 3830
aut13, w, se x we
aut19, p, st x vl, -1330
win01, p, we x se, 730
win03, w, se x as
win04, p, vl x as, 80
win08, w, vl x bt
win11, p, vl x bt, -950

6GTxh.png
1088 :
spr01, w, vl x we
spr03, p, we x bt, 1870
spr05, w, st x se
spr08, p, se x as, 770
spr09, w, as x vl
spr10, p, vl x we, -1110
spr13, w, bt x vl
spr14, w, st x ne
spr14, w, kh x we
spr21, p, vl x bt, 1150
sum02, p, ne x kh, 640
sum04, p, se x st, 0
sum04, w, se x kh
sum06, p, we x kh, 1360
sum06, w, vl x st
sum07, p, ne x st, 1300
sum08, w, bt x st
sum17, w, we x bt
sum18, p, st x bt, 1020
aut09, w, as x we
aut09, p, as x we, -2520
aut15, w, ne x we
win13, p, ne x we, 0
win20, p, as x vl, -1070

Veb-p.png
1089 :
spr12, w, as, se
spr13, p, kh x se, -3390
sum01, w, kh x ne
sum04, w, kh x st
sum04, p, st x vl, 770
sum08, w, vl x as
sum11, p, se x as, -500
sum15, w, se x we
sum19, w, se x ne
aut05, p, we x se, -200
aut12, w, we x ne
aut16, p, we x ne, -1820
aut18, p, ne x se, 1360
win05, w, se x we
win05, p, bt x we, -3790
win13, p, kh x st, -500
win16, w, st x vl
win18, w, kh x se

j2KMg.png
1090 :
spr03, p, ne x kh, 0
spr04, w, we x ne
spr05, p, we x se, 560
spr05, w, bt x kh
spr05, w, bt x we
spr08, w, ne x se
spr09, p, se x ne, -260
spr11, p, as x vl, 340
spr17, w, ne x st
spr17, p, bt x kh, 280
spr18, p, ne x st, -210
spr19, w, vl x bt
spr19, p, vl x bt, -2440
spr20, w, ne x bt
spr20, p, bt x ne, -80
aut05, w, as x we
aut11, w, as x vl
aut15, w, ne x we
aut17, p, ne x se, -610
aut17, p, vl x st, -960
win05, p, we x bt, 3170
win08, w, ne x we
win10, p, as x we, -710
win11, w, bt x vl
win15, w, st x ne
win20, w, kh x ne
win20, p, st x ne, -1940
win20, p, we x ne, -800
win21, w, st x se

ysGq8.png
1091 :
spr07, w, st x vl
spr11, w, kh x we
spr10, p, bt x vl, -2370
spr10, p, se x st, -160
sum01, w, bt x st
sum05, p, as x vl, 140
sum12, p, kh x we, -1860
sum21, w, as x we
aut17, w, bt x ne
win02, p, st x bt, 1550
win02, w, bt x we
win07, w, kh x we
win16, p, we x as, 4110
win19, w, st x we
win20, p, ne x bt, 1050
win20, p, st x we, -2630

m9tnj.png
1092 :
spr01, w, as x vl
spr01, w, bt x st
spr01, p, vl x st, -1270
spr15, p, kh x we, -3670
spr17, p, se x kh, -90
spr18, p, ne x kh, 440
spr21, w, vl x bt
spr21, p, vl x bt, -2090
sum03, w, se x we
sum06, w, se x as
sum13, w, vl x st
sum15, w, vl x we
sum17, w, kh x se
sum19, p, we x se, 2350
aut01, p, st x bt, -330
aut02, w, kh x ne
aut04, p, as x se, -450
aut04, w, kh x we
aut07, p, we x vl, 1210
aut18, w, as x we
win11, p, we x as, 2690
win12, p, bt x we, -4720
win19, p, we x kh, 1760

19VNE.png
1093 :
spr03, w, bt x vl
spr11, p, vl x as, 1360
spr18, p, bt x vl, -470
sum01, w, bt x ne
sum02, w, we x bt
sum06, p, kh x ne, -1510
sum10, w, se x we
sum15, w, bt x st
sum15, p, st x vl, -1040
sum16, w, as x we
aut02, w, as x vl
aut04, p, we x se, 760
win05, w, kh x ne
win12, p, st x vl, -570
win18, p, we x as, 1160

BAdcs.png

1.5.1 + hotfix table :
10 year fortification (towns are counted 2, castles are counted 1) / number of clans / clan leader gold average as 1000 gold table :
iRYzX.png

1.5.1 table (without hotfix adjustments - 8 year only)
dtfaB.png

1.4.3 or 1.5.0 table (I am not sure when I collected data)
xXL7u.png

Conclusion :
1-Still Khuzait can get 30% of territory at first 10 years means nearly doubles his territory. (It was worse before, main reason : +20% combat bonus + speed bonus)
2-None of factions are wiped out in first ten years. This is good but need to be better. Northern Empire remained only 1 town. Most important reason is they have largest border with Khuzait.
3-There is an inflation in total money clans has. Start with 1M as total of averages (1084) and be 3M in 10 years (1094). Especially money Khuzait clans has nearly 1M average. This should be balanced. While balancing we can use loyality factor. For example there can be tax corruption in towns with less loyality these towns can give only 25%-50%-75% of taxes according to loyality (0-9, 10-19, 20-29).
4-Generally kingdoms are getting more powerfull or losing power each year linerly. Losing kingdoms or winning kingdoms do not change much and this can make game boring. As you look table I shared above Khuzait fortifications are increasing each year and NE and WE are decreasing each year. In some years there should be unexpected things like a strong kingdom losing 2-3 fortifications or weak kingdom getting 2-3 new fortifications. This can be done by rebellions after now or we can add other mechanics for this to happen.
5-We should make rebellions especially effecting towns with less loyality which are ruled by a king at different culture.

Last edited:
Sorry to reply to these in this post.

See you talk about the advantages of different cultures, such as in different terrains. Have different benefits. I came up with a design idea to make the culture more distinctive. It comes from "Taiwu," or from other earlier games.

When creating a character, we can select several of the ten cultural specialties as our own attributes.

For example, Vlandia has(just an example of a whim):

When you use two handed sword weapons, running speed increases by 10%, attack speed and damage increases by 5%
Cost: 1 point

Soldiers gain 10% more experience in combat
Cost: 2 points

Cavalry attack power increased by 15% in combat
Cost: 2 points

Crossbow soldiers pay 35% less
Cost: 3 points

The number of loot gained is increased by 15%, and the prefix words of booty have a 10% chance to increase by 1 level
Cost: 3 points

Your soldiers' health increased by 10 points
Cost: 5 points

etc...

Let's say we have eight points in total, or 10 points. We can choose more small effects. You can also choose fewer, but more powerful effects.

For lords, they can choose the ability to fight as much as possible. The initial version may require each Lord to be random. In a few years' time, we may be able to give fixed advantages to the fixed lords in order to show their personalities and habits and to shape their characters.
(for example, aserai's trading expertise. A businessman, not a warrior, wanted to be a possible one for me. So I don't choose the ability to trade.)

Each culture has a number of its own strengths, which is more conducive to the shaping of cultural characteristics, rather than the present only one.

Aserai's trading expertise makes AI lords very embarrassed. Sturgia's snow specialty, because the terrain of snow does not exist in the game, sturgia has become a blank (if the current version has changed, please let me know.)

Of course, these changes greatly increase the difficulty of production, and it takes a lot of time to design and produce. I am not in a hurry to ask for these changes. I just express my cultural specialty in my heart and ideal.

Thank you mexxico. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

edit:
I just saw something new. I support the impact of joining loyalty. Rebellion may affect the player's Kingdom, and its probability needs to be carefully considered.

Last edited:
5-We should make rebellions especially effecting towns with less loyality which are captured new and which are ruled

Looks like steady improvement with every iteration. Thanks for the great work and communication.

Have you considered allowing factions to ally with each other? If the N/S Empire were able to ally against the Khuzait at some point that may help quite a bit.

Have you considered allowing factions to ally with each other? If the N/S Empire were able to ally against the Khuzait at some point that may help quite a bit.

Sometimes both SE and NE be in war with Khuzait. It is similar to alliance but of course not completely. They do not help each other's sieges or battles. It is one of possible new feature for future but I do not know it will be scheduled or not until end of EA. It has more work compared to rebellions. I am not owner of final decision on this. However of course that kind of feature can add game a lot of gameplay.

@mexxico Any news on the ETA of today's hot-fix?? :grin:

I have no info. Here is a bit busy these days because of Gamescom.

Back
Top Bottom