Warband Revival League

8v8 ladder type tournament to revive the warband native competitive scene #warbandRL

Quick Overview

Category
Warband
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[WRL] General Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, everyone,

most people will not know me, so I wanted to use this forum to suggest an idea. I hope this is the right thread fir it.

What do you think about organizing an event with all clans after the WRL? A big battle, where all players fight at the same time on one map. Such events have been common in the past, similar to a line battle. The clans would then split into 2 teams and play different classes, e.g. one clan plays Cav, one Archer, another Inf.

I don't know much about organizing myself, but maybe there will be enough people and we can have an epic final fight after the WRL! :smile:

Write here if you are interested!

Hello, everyone,

most people will not know me, so I wanted to use this forum to suggest an idea. I hope this is the right thread fir it.

What do you think about organizing an event with all clans after the WRL? A big battle, where all players fight at the same time on one map. Such events have been common in the past, similar to a line battle. The clans would then split into 2 teams and play different classes, e.g. one clan plays Cav, one Archer, another Inf.

I don't know much about organizing myself, but maybe there will be enough people and we can have an epic final fight after the WRL! :smile:

Write here if you are interested!

Yes, a full event with all the Native groups would be cool but there's a reason the top tier groups prefer competitive formats so I find that getting all the groups together for what you propose would not meet a lot of enthusiasm.

Yeah seems kinda odd if we have to play maps later where other captains voted for who are already eliminated.
We should have legacy town and ruins for week 5 instead.
Ruins is set for week 6 (playoffs) which will be played mainly by the teams who have voted for it.

Today around 22.30 BST, while playing a training match in DE_5, a player of this team named Malta2_AralZ used foul language against our players at random. I don't have the screenshots as evidence. However, even if I had them I wouldn't share with you, as the insults he threw at us were gross. You can check the logs though. It's a shame that this caused by a player of whose team leader is the main tournament admin who was also present at the match. Therefore, we demand the right punishment for the player.

Today around 22.30 BST, while playing a training match in DE_5, a player of this team named Malta2_AralZ used foul language against our players at random. I don't have the screenshots as evidence. However, even if I had them I wouldn't share with you, as the insults he threw at us were gross. You can check the logs though. It's a shame that this caused by a player of whose team leader is the main tournament admin who was also present at the match. Therefore, we demand the right punishment for the player.
Very sorry about that again. I couldn't prevent it right then and there. But we will take measures.

Ruins is set for week 6 (playoffs) which will be played mainly by the teams who have voted for it.

Man the only reason captains picked ruins is because the other two open maps are actually garbage; if the captains had a choice of maps, they'd have probably just scrapped the 6th map (you don't need a new map every week, that's never happened prior to this tournament, especially considering the map choices aren't that great). No one would ever want to play ruins over the other open maps provided, it was removed from map pools since 2015 for a reason. Madness

Imagine playing maps that the captains don't really want but had no choice to pick, seems strange especially on playoffs.

Last edited:
Man the only reason captains picked ruins is because the other two open maps are actually garbage; if the captains had a choice of maps, they'd have probably just scrapped the 6th map (you don't need a new map every week, that's never happened prior to this tournament, especially considering the map choices aren't that great). No one would ever want to play ruins over the other open maps provided, it was removed from map pools since 2015 for a reason. Madness

Imagine playing maps that the captains don't really want but had no choice to pick, seems strange especially on playoffs.

you are always so smart, wow.

From my understanding B1 and B2 will have harder chances getting to the semi finals than B7 and B8 because of the matchups. This is a bit dumb no?

correct me if im wrong ofc, I read the KO stage on my phone xd

From my understanding B1 and B2 will have harder chances getting to the semi finals than B7 and B8 because of the matchups. This is a bit dumb no?

correct me if im wrong ofc, I read the KO stage on my phone xd

If you are talkign about teh KO stage post here it is just my relabelling and visualization of what is in teh rules but I did it really fast as I have no time atm so I wouldnt be totally confident it is accurate. It would be helpful if anyone checked that it acurately reflects what is in the rules.

However to your point: in the playoffs B7/8 face div A teams where B1/2 skip the playoffs & go straight to the next round how is that a harder route?

If you are talkign about teh KO stage post here it is just my relabelling and visualization of what is in teh rules but I did it really fast as I have no time atm so I wouldnt be totally confident it is accurate. It would be helpful if anyone checked that it acurately reflects what is in the rules.

However to your point: in the playoffs B7/8 face div A teams where B1/2 skip the playoffs & go straight to the next round how is that a harder route?
I mean it's pointless changing it now, but i just dont see why B1 and B2 are given a harder route to the semi finals than A5 and A6 xD

idk i just preferred the wnl8 system when B1 and B2 fought A5 and A6. Felt like it gave them a proper opportunity to prove themselves

edit: with this format i see that it forces A3 and A4 to have harder matches for the semis so i get it more now, i still think wnl8 system was better

Last edited:
I dont understand why B1 and B2 playing agaisnt A1 or A2? I dont see any balance in this KO Stage its more like based to see hard matchs in semi finals. You cant expect from B1 team to beat A2 or B2 team to beat A1 it doesn't make sense to me at all. If you think B1 and B2 can beat them then why you guys didnt put all teams to same division?

I dont understand why B1 and B2 playing agaisnt A1 or A2? I dont see any balance in this KO Stage its more like based to see hard matchs in semi finals. You cant expect from B1 team to beat A2 or B2 team to beat A1 it doesn't make sense to me at all. If you think B1 and B2 can beat them then why you guys didnt put all teams to same division?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
there is no balance, fix it pls

Back
Top Bottom