How much time do you think its going to take TW to acknowledge this game is boring and repetitive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Blank development cheques?

I've already got my monies worth out of the EA alone.

Even if you were to look at reviews over the last 30 days ie. the most recent reviews, Bannerlord still has a Mostly Positive outlook with a 78% positive rate. I don't see any nosediving, but nice try.
Nosediving was in regards to player numbers, nice try tho. Who do you think still plays this POS? Love the blind defence of a game you admit your already bored of. Is the lack of content why your here everyday defending TW and not playing it?

Love how a game being in EA is being used as an excuse for a company doing next to nothing.

Demos and early access used to be an example of their craftsmanship, now its a marketing tool to take money for an indefinite dev period.

The main reason why I'm into this game is the mods. The vanilla M&B and Warband were great, but the long term was all about the mods. And the original was a long work in progress that took time, and that process was far more crude than this one. I've gotten a few games worth of quality playtime in Bannerlord already and we aren't even shooting muskets at eachother in MP yet, which I fully expect to do someday.

Nosediving was in regards to player numbers, nice try tho. Who do you think still plays this POS? Love the blind defence of a game you admit your already bored of. Is the lack of content why your here everyday defending TW and not playing it?

Love how a game being in EA is being used as an excuse for a company doing next to nothing.

Demos and early access used to be an example of their craftsmanship, now its a marketing tool to take money for an indefinite dev period.

Plenty of people still play, I've already put in hundreds of hours myself and now I'm waiting for further updates and mod tools.

Blind defence? Defend TW everyday?

No, I'm just realistic and did my homework before investing my time and money. I still visit the forum because I will return to the game later after more progress has been made. If I was bored or hated the game, I wouldn't continue to post on these forums like some nutcase, I would move on with my life.

Plenty of people still play, I've already put in hundreds of hours myself and now I'm waiting for further updates and mod tools.

Blind defence? Defend TW everyday?

No, I'm just realistic and did my homework before investing my time and money. I still visit the forum because I will return to the game later after more progress has been made. If I was bored or hated the game, I wouldn't continue to post on these forums like some nutcase, I would move on with my life.
I wouldnt normally say this, but ease back on the green champ.

Yes mushashi, I like to criticize the game and Taleworlds but not because I hate them but because I think they can do better than this.

I'm fairly certain they are well aware of the game's shortcomings, considering the endless whining clogging up these forums, but I'm also hopeful that we'll see larger variety of quests as well as other aspects of the game which will reduce the repetitiveness and make the game less boring.

I really hoped that TW would learn from Warband mods and what features made them interesting to play, and would try to implement similar stuff in Bannerlord. A lot of the interesting stuff is not mod-specific and can be implemented everywhere. It seems they don't take game design seriously and would eventually release a bare bones platform with uninspiring busywork gameplay, knowing modders would come to the rescue again and provide the "having fun" part.
I'm really puzzled why they are not making a better game and don't believe that they simply want to cash in early and run. I assume they have development problems that prevent them from doing more and they won't talk about them.

I hope they look at a lot of the mods to draw inspiration for what to put into the base game so they can continue to draw customers who will then be happy to increase their profits. The game is a skeleton currently of what could be a good idea.

Guess it depends on perspective.

I prefer Native BL to Native WB, but even simple mods like diplomacy easily take over BL, nevermind complete overhauls.

At this point, so long as they release mod tools, I'll be satisfied with the game, though that dosen't involve the devs.
Well put. Just started a new game on Gekokujo and I'm having a blast.

I really hoped that TW would learn from Warband mods and what features made them interesting to play, and would try to implement similar stuff in Bannerlord. A lot of the interesting stuff is not mod-specific and can be implemented everywhere. It seems they don't take game design seriously and would eventually release a bare bones platform with uninspiring busywork gameplay, knowing modders would come to the rescue again and provide the "having fun" part.
I'm really puzzled why they are not making a better game and don't believe that they simply want to cash in early and run. I assume they have development problems that prevent them from doing more and they won't talk about them.
Dude all you hear about the TW team is "development problems" can't **** just go right for the dev team for once :lol:

Meh... Dunno, I feel bad because I want to play mount and blade, but when I install warband and play 5 minutes and I compare scenes, models and graphics in general from warband to bannerlord my motivation decrease.

The problem Is that when I try bannerlord I just see potential everywhere, but not even close to be a funny game atm....

I hope Talesworld takes some notes about mods from warband/bannerlord and commmunity so we have a great vanilla game... I don't want to depend on mods in order to have a great game.

The game is repetitive as hell, I have fought about 8-10 battles in 30 minutes which looked exactly the same and I even used the same strategy (I am not exagerating). The thing is, I have played this game 447 hours already, somehow this repetitive game is pretty damn addictive. I cannot wait for more features being added, this game will be great when completely finished.

They know and they don't care. They're hoping modders will fix what they can't/won't.
That's obvious. Most of us can see this except for the fanboys. Charge players for a basic framework and let modders do the rest things for free. That's nasty. I repeat, that's nasty. When I pay for a game, I want it playable without mods. I pay for the vanilla game, not the mods.

Yes mushashi, I like to criticize the game and Taleworlds but not because I hate them but because I think they can do better than this.
Thats why I am here, hoping. But evidence continues to mount up that continued investment in development is not happening.
This is what puzzles me about the defence of this game. The previous titles were **** and fixed/'made fun' by mods according to most fans. With a history of similar titles they have released a long anticipated title in the EXACT SAME CONDITION.
While none of the employees have an incentive to cash in and run, it seems evident by the chosen course of action (or the lack thereof) that those with hiring, firing and spending authority are taking this route, whether by malicious intent is unclear.
They have development problems this much is obvious with the game in this state so far after launch. What is not obvious is why there is no appaarent change in TWs behaviour. No apologies for delays, no statements of intent or ramp up of dev work. Quality coding requires extensive planning, its evident to me that 'planning' is not a buzzword around the TW office. Even in perks, it is obvious they have no consistent idea for how they will work for both player and companions.
That's obvious. Most of us can see this except for the fanboys. Charge players for a basic framework and let modders do the rest things for free. That's nasty. I repeat, that's nasty. When I pay for a game, I want it playable without mods. I pay for the vanilla game, not the mods.
Thank you for confirming like minded players exist. Agreed, whether intentional or not TWs reliance on mods to flesh out the game they are selling is reprehensible.

it's just extremely frustrating that the developers are not getting involved with us and discussing these issues, they literally ignore their community as soon as you try to talk about the Problems of the game, wich OP mentioned.

The only thing we can do is to keep raising our voices. but if they continue to refuse to listen to us then they will probably never acknowledge the problems of this game.

Last edited:
it's just extremely frustrating that the developers are not getting involved with us and discussing these issues, they literally ignore their community as soon as you try to talk about the Problems of the game, wich OP mentioned.

The only thing we can do is to keep raising our voices. but if they continue to refuse to listen to us then they will probably never acknowledge the problems of this game.
Spot on man. Doubt there would be half as much anger if they did.

I think we need to raise our voices in different areas online as obviously the devs working here either aren't listening or aren't empowered to make decisions. We have tried making complaints here to minimum/nil effect, continuing would be Einsteins definition of insanity. If I have learnt anything working in software its that nothing changes until profit or reputation is affected.

So if you agree the state of the game development is disappointing please:
Post negative reviews for both the company and the product on gaming platforms and reviews
Ask for a refund
Complain to steam about the game and developer

I know its not exactly a civil rights riot but its the weapon we have and eventually shareholders/stakeholders will demand answers from those in charge.

Spot on man. Doubt there would be half as much anger if they did.

I think we need to raise our voices in different areas online as obviously the devs working here either aren't listening or aren't empowered to make decisions. We have tried making complaints here to minimum/nil effect, continuing would be Einsteins definition of insanity. If I have learnt anything working in software its that nothing changes until profit or reputation is affected.

So if you agree the state of the game development is disappointing please:
Post negative reviews for both the company and the product on gaming platforms and reviews
Ask for a refund
Complain to steam about the game and developer

I know its not exactly a civil rights riot but its the weapon we have and eventually shareholders/stakeholders will demand answers from those in charge.
The developers/Taleworlds is to blame that we have to resort to such means - everything is up to them - we only react accordingly.

The developers/Taleworlds is to blame that we have to resort to such means - everything is up to them - we only react accordingly.
The sad tale of capitalism. I wish I could still beleive that when this game dies a new developer will rise and champion games for gamers, but it seems too many people are defiantly satisfied. As such I feel this dead on arrival title will limp on like the zombie husk of a game that it is, a pale shadow of what it could have been.

Immersion or boredom is a rather subjective matter. To say "economy is broken because income from a fief should be more important in a feudal world than crafting a javelin" or "factions in war with several other factions declaring war on still another faction or not looking for peace with one faction is a bad mechanic" are already assessments, but with some objective and only few subjective facts in it. To say "the game is boring", "the game is not immersive" are assessments of a higher level with a lot of personal taste in it.

It's a bit difficult to react to it. For me for example it is of no importance at all wether you can chat with lords, make feasts or read books. I want to be immersed by graphics and by meaningful mechanics of the AI in the first place. I also trust in mods and don't need all in the main game to be satisfied. My three favorite games, Skyrim, Fallout 4, TW:R2 I could not play a minute without a big bunch of mods. In Bannerlord I'm annoyed about a lot of design choices, but as long as they can be dealt with with mods, so what?

So I hope they get the core mechanics right in the end, making war a bit less of a repetitive senseless grind for example. Repetitive it will remain to a certain degree, cause more or less any video game is repetitive (for example Kenshi which was mentioned in the thread).

Back
Top Bottom