Resolved Besieging army running out of food

Users who are viewing this thread

Balbor

Recruit
I watched a besieging Amy of over 900 troops bs defenders of just over 300 with battering ram and 2 siege towers built run out of food and then continue to maintain the siege not attacking until they were down to 300 before abandoning it to head to the nearest town to buy some, they were down to 75 troops by the time they arrived at the closest town.

On which version do you face this issue? (1.4.3 or 1.5.0)
Have you ever applied modification to that save file?
Do you have a save file of that session? It will really help us immensely. This way, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save files here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please put this threads URL into the description field so that we can find it easier.

this was in 1.5e
I am running mods. Although they are all mods that are safe to remove.
I will check to see if I have a save from before the siege, but as it did not crash the game I may not.

You can use the crash uploader to send us your save file for that said crash, as well. Just don't forget to copy the name of the reference number when the dialogue box is open.

Last edited:
This bug does not cause the game to crash.
I have managed to recreate the even and have multiple saves of it. 1- when the large army has started besieging the city. 2 - when the army starts losing troops (which I’m assuming is because they are out of food as they assault hadn’t started) 3 - army abandoned siege after losing 2/3 of its numbers to starvations.

Another issue which could be related is an army marching backwards and forwards in the spot for an extended period of time.They were constantly entering a village and I suspected it was because they didn’t have enough food and kept going back to stock up.... upon joining them army they were then able to move off properly as I have enough food for them, but the army shortly after broke up because of low cohesion. Which leads me into another point.

AI army leader not spending influence on keeping army together even when they have plenty of influence.

That was my bad, sorries!
I was not able to find any save files related to this thread sadly. It would be great if you can upload the save files!

while making a mod free save to send over i ran the siege a few times and have pin pointed a mod that could be causing this indirectly. The mod is Realistic Battle Mod. Without the mod the Vlandian’s start assaulting and take the castle, when that mod is installed they do not attack and lose troops to starvation. I’ve reported the potential issue to the mod author.

That was my bad, sorries!
I was not able to find any save files related to this thread sadly. It would be great if you can upload the save files!

I've uploaded a file containing an example of an army marching backwards and forwards on the spot as it seems to also be related to starvation.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom