Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, Lucon dying first year in my playtrough has helped NE to survive since the new King doesn't get in all wars. Day 450 and they have 5 cities (recovered myzea)

interesting, this is probably because the new NE king does not have the valor trait which increase the war chance.

interesting, this is probably because the new NE king does not have the valor trait which increase the war chance.
I believe it's more random, no? Anyway, they finishing this content and probably won't be finished even after release on main branch. Just need to wait for their work

Well, Lucon dying first year in my playtrough has helped NE to survive since the new King doesn't get in all wars. Day 450 and they have 5 cities (recovered myzea)
Dpn't talk bad of father-in-law.... LOL
I think it's random
And another year or two isn't much to ask, I believe the frustating thing to everybody on this beta new playthorugh is everyone suddenly starts dropping like leaves when you start playing.. Specially without the NPC marriages working properly and the player too, of course

PPl didn't lived long back then, 50 years old I think it's reasonable age to start the rolling dice of death to characters... But as @Apocal said, at least start this chance with the existing old ones after at least one year or two after the start of the game
yeah its reasonable but to have virtually everyone die at age 50-52 is not, that's what I am saying. King of the Vlandians dying in first 100 days of each play through make no sense, just get rid of the people in the 50's then

Yes, I would guess they put Shigella, Entamoeba histolytica, Vibrio cholerae and many others. Life expectancy in dark age societies wasn't much different from that (45-55 yo) in great part to pathogens like these being relatively common in the water suply, in the abscense of modern sanitation. Combined with female deaths by child birth and widespread violence I would say TW got quite an accurate result.

Or are you surprised characters in a medieval simulation game are diyng before they turn 60 without the aid of modern medicine, water treatment and stable States?

edit:
If I didn't make myself clear, I for one completely support these natural premature deaths. It ain't old times if you can't catch diarhea and die out of the blue, in the middle of a campaign or chiling at your city. History has so many examples of leaders going out like that that makes it pretty hard to argue againts it. Please, devs, don't remove this feature, as it adds both realism and chance.
Think everyone is missing the point, almost everyone dies around age 50-52 is in no way realistic or historic, 50-52 is not a magic number where everyone dies, that is what I am saying, make it more random, start around 40, then give it a 1 in 200 chance then at 41 1 in 190 and so on, numbers arent perfect but it should be more with RNG that almost always knowing the exact time in which they die

At the point in history where the game is set, average life expectancy of an upper class male who made it to adulthood was in the 40s. The current age allowance in the game is quite generous by historical standards.

People misunderstand life expectancy stats all the time. These are averages so if you take 2 people, one dies at birth, the other at age 70, between them the life expectancy is 35.

As such this doesnt mean in the dark ages every one was dying at age 30. Life expectancy was so low due to high infant death mostly, as you pointed out disease and a lack good medicine, and death in conflict play a lesser role.

One of the largest predictors of longevity is going to be nutrition and calorie intake particularly in youth, which nobility obviously has advantages there. People have always been able to live into their seventies and rarely eighties if their society was rich enough to provide food, and they were not unfortunate when it came to disease.

Of course bad luck and socio economics still applies.

All this to say I dont think too many people should be dying of "old age" young but they should be more likely to die in battle as they get older.
Is there any system for people abducating the throne?

yeah its reasonable but to have virtually everyone die at age 50-52 is not, that's what I am saying. King of the Vlandians dying in first 100 days of each play through make no sense, just get rid of the people in the 50's then
Well, We had many exceptions during the years as much Ancient Ages (Greek, Roman Empire- like Augustus who lived up to his 80 or 84 bbirthday and many other Principeps Senatus, such as Marcus Aemilius Scaurus) as much in Middle Ages ( the only one that really comes to mind here is Louis XIV, the Sun King, I think he lived up to his 70ths or 80ths)

I think that each age time had some % of Happening, like those in their 60ths, 70ths and upward, has more chances to die than those in their 30th to 50ths

Well, We had many exceptions during the years as much Ancient Ages (Greek, Roman Empire- like Augustus who lived up to his 80 or 84 bbirthday and many other Principeps Senatus, such as Marcus Aemilius Scaurus) as much in Middle Ages ( the only one that really comes to mind here is Louis XIV, the Sun King, I think he lived up to his 70ths or 80ths)

I think that each age time had some % of Happening, like those in their 60ths, 70ths and upward, has more chances to die than those in their 30th to 50ths
exactly finding the right % will take a bit of figuring, but more random is needed, and if people die easily in 50's then what is point of them starting in the 50's they will die soon unless numbers are changed.
But I have said this before, i would like to see more options like Civ 6, give us options to turn on and off to customize game, when can turn on natural causes but maybe turn off dying fro disease, just an example let us customize a game how we like to.
having said that if they plan on having us die as early as our 40's then i think they should increase focus point learning rates as it takes time for us to build up characters or add extra days for a year instead of 84 so people are around longer. Guess this part is better in suggestion part but just hotfix so people are dying most of the time once you hit 50-52

People misunderstand life expectancy stats all the time. These are averages so if you take 2 people, one dies at birth, the other at age 70, between them the life expectancy is 35.

As such this doesnt mean in the dark ages every one was dying at age 30. Life expectancy was so low due to high infant death mostly, as you pointed out disease and a lack good medicine, and death in conflict play a lesser role.

One of the largest predictors of longevity is going to be nutrition and calorie intake particularly in youth, which nobility obviously has advantages there. People have always been able to live into their seventies and rarely eighties if their society was rich enough to provide food, and they were not unfortunate when it came to disease.

Of course bad luck and socio economics still applies.

All this to say I dont think too many people should be dying of "old age" young but they should be more likely to die in battle as they get older.
Is there any system for people abducating the throne?
Thank you. I get so frustrated at people saying everyone was dying in their 30s in ancient times.

exactly finding the right % will take a bit of figuring, but more random is needed, and if people die easily in 50's then what is point of them starting in the 50's they will die soon unless numbers are changed.
But I have said this before, i would like to see more options like Civ 6, give us options to turn on and off to customize game, when can turn on natural causes but maybe turn off dying fro disease, just an example let us customize a game how we like to.
having said that if they plan on having us die as early as our 40's then i think they should increase focus point learning rates as it takes time for us to build up characters or add extra days for a year instead of 84 so people are around longer. Guess this part is better in suggestion part but just hotfix so people are dying most of the time once you hit 50-52
We just have to hope they get it right and doesn't need to rework, but rework is part of the progress.. I'm just glad we're getting many new features and finally the one i expected so much is coming to life. Ancient Times, like Roman, people lived much more because they had some kind of higyne, such as the baths and thermals. Only in Middle Ages, thanks to religion and many other idiocracies is that bad habits in hygines started killing more people, but people died for many causes insead of diseases.. So, let's hope they find the perfect balancing.

People dying of "old age" in their 50's is not common. Life expectancy was low because of high infant mortality rates. Please stop saying that notables dying so fast is normal.

Regardless of how you choose to formulate the math -having main characters die in under 200 days of game time from natural causes is just bad game design choice

People dying of "old age" in their 50's is not common. Life expectancy was low because of high infant mortality rates.
"Please stop saying that notables dying so fast is normal."
so vitrually everyone dies at age 50-52 in normal? That was the magic number back then, they all knew when they would die? I said that in my second statement, people don't understand, it should be more random when they die, not just at 50-52.
"Please read the whole statements before commenting"

so vitrually everyone dies at age 50-52 in normal? That was the magic number back then, they all knew when they would die? I said that in my second statement, people don't understand, it should be more random when they die, not just at 50-52.
"Please read the whole statements before commenting"
First off my comment was not directed at you.
Second that is literally the opposite of what I said. I said they SHOULDN'T all be dying in their 50's

Regardless of how you choose to formulate the math -having main characters die in under 200 days of game time from natural causes is just bad game design choice
I'm pretty sure they just forgot to disable some internal test mechanics of lifespan and inheritance. playing this is of course impossible. the character becomes decrepit in a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom