Change Village Production?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yep. It's pretty simple actually. Open the "settlements.xml" file in notepad or notepad++ and look for the village_type attribute. Change the production to something else, save, and you're good to go. You can do a search for the specific villages you want to make it easier to find them.

The file is found in the steamapps > common > M&B2 > Modules > Sandbox > ModuleData folder.

Village-Type.png

I
Yep. It's pretty simple actually. Open the "settlements.xml" file in notepad or notepad++ and look for the village_type attribute. Change the production to something else, save, and you're good to go. You can do a search for the specific villages you want to make it easier to find them.

The file is found in the steamapps > common > M&B2 > Modules > Sandbox > ModuleData folder.

Village-Type.png
I think he means in the game though without editing the code, it's a shame that would be another neat little feature

Village-Type.png
Thanks for that. I was thinking of in-game because having three villages produce clay is just stupid IMO. I'll follow your suggestion and see what happens, after I make a backup of settlements.xml.
edit - That was so easy. Thanks Banner Man.

Last edited:
Being able to tell "your" peasants to start producing other materials would be interesting actually. I guess actual limited resources like lumber, ore & salt should be locked. But harvesting grain, grapes or olives shouldn't be to much of a change. Same for cattle & horsebreeding.

Or am I completely clueless?

edit: fishing is another weird exception, can't really fish on dry land in any measurable capacity. And not all coastal land/lakes have enough fish to make it worthwhile (or there are too many underwater rocks making it hella dangerous).

Being able to tell "your" peasants to start producing other materials would be interesting actually. I guess actual limited resources like lumber, ore & salt should be locked. But harvesting grain, grapes or olives shouldn't be to much of a change. Same for cattle & horsebreeding.

Or am I completely clueless?

Some of the XMLs are constantly read while the game loads new screens. For example, you can edit troop stats without closing Bannerlord, just click out of your custom or campaign battle, make the changes to spnpccharacters.xml and then load into a new battle; they'll be applied without fail. But I'm not sure that holds for settlements.xml.

It might do some wonky stuff to the economy though.

Some of the XMLs are constantly read while the game loads new screens. For example, you can edit troop stats without closing Bannerlord

I meant that I considered it a cool idea for the devs, or modders. I know I'm not capable of screwing around with gamefiles :grin:

I agree that this should be a feature, some of my towns have the worst village productions, not even a single product in all the villages of a city I love that I could build a workshop for. This should really be a feature.

Back
Top Bottom