Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

Users who are viewing this thread

The 1.5.0 beta is as buggy as it could get. Just a couple of things I noticed by playing around 30 minutes of it before rolling back:
- I had an army under my command and at some point all lords just got stuck in the woods. The army was officially still there with influence and food consumption but they were stuck apart from me. Some moving some not, all without any display of names etc. No interaction
- there was an enemy party that I tried to attack, but they were "disbanding, on the way to Varnapol" or something. there were no dialogue options. WTF?
-as I was laying siege to a city, its defenders shown included also my army.
-I don't know if this is a bug or not. I am quite deep in the game with a couple of hundred hours and after i launched the beta around two or three dozens of lords "died of old age". Like really dozens, one by one.

Fixed a crash that occurred while creating village issues.
Hope this is a typo and actually is about village issues not being created
Fixed a crash that occurred when talking to a companion after clearing an alley.
It's actually an everyone in the town area problem, but hopefully it will work, we'll see.
Edit: So far it seems to have fixed it!
Edit: But attacking thugs in chaikand again, crashes the game when fight ends. Sending the dump, guess I gotta lay of the thugs.....

Last edited:
AI armies take neutral parties in settlements into consideration when they are going for a siege. There was a Vlandian army passing by as I was in an Aserai castle and as soon as I left they turned back to besiege it.

The 1.5.0 beta is as buggy as it could get. Just a couple of things I noticed by playing around 30 minutes of it before rolling back:
- I had an army under my command and at some point all lords just got stuck in the woods. The army was officially still there with influence and food consumption but they were stuck apart from me. Some moving some not, all without any display of names etc. No interaction
- there was an enemy party that I tried to attack, but they were "disbanding, on the way to Varnapol" or something. there were no dialogue options. WTF?
-as I was laying siege to a city, its defenders shown included also my army.
-I don't know if this is a bug or not. I am quite deep in the game with a couple of hundred hours and after i launched the beta around two or three dozens of lords "died of old age". Like really dozens, one by one.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Gonna be some hot fixes here this week.

It's possible that they were all above or near the max age (128 y/o), and once you launched the beta with old age death implemented they all croaked. You can see the age of the lords that died in the encyclopedia.

I LOVE that Vlandia gets a medium infantry now, but please consider replacing the Billhook instead of the Two Handed Sword. The Two Handed Sword is a popular and iconic weapon that is used in both dueling tournaments and is popular for casual play. The billhook is much less iconic and used far more infrequently.

I LOVE that Vlandia gets a medium infantry now, but please consider replacing the Billhook instead of the Two Handed Sword. The Two Handed Sword is a popular and iconic weapon that is used in both dueling tournaments and is popular for casual play. The billhook is much less iconic and used far more infrequently.
Great points kinda funny tho cause its bugged and if u choose sword and shield u spawn with two hander.

That´s not that big of an issue (for me at least, because it´s just graphical), but as long as nobles keep disappering and only so few quests are available, it isn´t worth playing (for me).
It's just me who values visual bugs and changes too, but I agree, missing nobles is a game breaking stuff.

the hotfix broke the launcher :sad: I had two hours to play today and I really wanted to enjoy my time, but nope, spent 2 hours trying to figure out why the game isn't working.

It's possible that they were all above or near the max age (128 y/o), and once you launched the beta with old age death implemented they all croaked. You can see the age of the lords that died in the encyclopedia.
In my game of 1.5 I'm getting notified of lords as young as 50 dying of old age? This game is only about 145 days in.

A 52yo and 62yo also died in short order. 62 is okay I guess but under 60 is too young I think. I noticed these while I waiting in my town to get pregnant. I wait about 7 days then exit game and try again. Might be important as it seems loading the game does weird stuff in 1.5.

the hotfix broke the launcher :sad: I had two hours to play today and I really wanted to enjoy my time, but nope, spent 2 hours trying to figure out why the game isn't working.
alt ctrl del.
steam bootloads
end task bannerlord

Its a bug they fixed before but its back again. Its how i got 99% of my "play hours" on the game

In my game of 1.5 I'm getting notified of lords as young as 50 dying of old age? This game is only about 145 days in.

A 52yo and 62yo also died in short order. 62 is okay I guess but under 60 is too young I think. I noticed these while I waiting in my town to get pregnant. I wait about 7 days then exit game and try again. Might be important as it seems loading the game does weird stuff in 1.5.

The possibility to die of old age starts at 47, but it is such a low chance it winds up feeling like a troll roll when it actually does happen.

Also Lucon keeps dying early in my playthroughs, so now I'm thinking it should only begin rolling for possible old age deaths after about 84 days (1 in-game year), at least for the core cast.

The possibility to die of old age starts at 47, but it is such a low chance it winds up feeling like a troll roll when it actually does happen.

Also Lucon keeps dying early in my playthroughs, so now I'm thinking it should only begin rolling for possible old age deaths after about 84 days (1 in-game year), at least for the core cast.
King of Vlandians dead in first 100 turns

At the point in history where the game is set, average life expectancy of an upper class male who made it to adulthood was in the 40s. The current age allowance in the game is quite generous by historical standards.

We did make some tweaks in this hotfix that might solve the problem but we are still evaluating the issue so we didn't mention it.
I can confirm @Callum that a herdsmen died at age 51 and 'was" replaced in that village I will keep investigating to me make sure all are doing, But any notables that have died are not being replaced they are just gone.

The frequency of quests in villages is still no where near what it was in 1.4.3.

Release speed has been decreased. (So your weapon swing/thrusts is slower now.)
Polearms Thrusts damage starts later (collision stays the same).
Decreased movement speed during combat. (Will make it harder to move in and out of duels)

Don't like these changes at all. Makes it a lot harder to use spears in melee compared to 1.4.3. I imagine that was the intention but it makes them incredibly unfun to use.

Made Equip animations longer:
  • This will increase the equip times slightly when changing weapons.
Coupled with this change you can't even switch your spear to another weapon without getting punished heavily in melee making it unfun to use even as a support weapon. Literally the only niche remaining is against cav.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom