Resolved Crash when talking to companion in town, after defeating thugs

Users who are viewing this thread

I went to a town center and talked to my companion that was near me. I told him to gather all my companions and find me.
Ikilled the thugs in the backstreet and then I confrunted their leader and won the fight.
Now when I enter that same exact town, if I talk to the companion the game crashes when I click continue.
I went to another city to see if I can talk to my companion and I can. but if I go back to that specific town I can replicate the crash whenewer I talk to him.
Even if I quit the game and reload my save I can replicate the crash over and over again.
Is there something I can do to fix this bug?

I have already forwarded your previous report from this thread.

It would really help the developers if you can upload your save file as well. (upload.taleworlds.com) Additionally, after the crash, if you have sent a crash dump through the crash uploader, you can post the generated crash log ID here.

I want to add that if you defeat the thugs of a city, not only you can't talk with your companion, but you can't talk to anyone.
Itaffects only the people in that city though.
So as it is now, I suggest to everyone to not defeat the thugs in the cities. That is if you still want to talk to people in said city.

I want to add that if you defeat the thugs of a city, not only you can't talk with your companion, but you can't talk to anyone.
Itaffects only the people in that city though.
So as it is now, I suggest to everyone to not defeat the thugs in the cities. That is if you still want to talk to people in said city.
I was just going to ask you this when I read your first comment! I can't talk to any notables in Chaikand without crashing the game (never tried companions) the only notable interaction I had before was beating up thugs and the second fight! I'm going to report too and link this thread as it's probably related/same thing.

I was just going to ask you this when I read your first comment! I can't talk to any notables in Chaikand without crashing the game (never tried companions) the only notable interaction I had before was beating up thugs and the second fight! I'm going to report too and link this thread as it's probably related/same thing.
If you defeat the thugs of a city, then when you talk to anyone in that particular city, the game will crash. This is the whole issue I wanted to address in this thread. So, for your own good, please let the thugs alone until further notice from devs. The thugs feature needs to be fixed or removed, period.

Back
Top Bottom