Can we please have perks implemented?

Users who are viewing this thread

There is nothing to discuss.

By putting not working prks in the three they just show no respect to the players. "HA players are stupid they even will not notice"

reported you for not contributing anything to the topic and possibly trolling. Just post about the perk system and how you'd like to see it improved or changed or agree with it etc...
You certainly did. Several reports have come out of this thread for minor things, yours being one of them. I don't think slapping anybody in this thread with warning points right now is necessary or beneficial. What is necessary is this reminder to everyone to keep the discussion topical and respectful. What is beneficial is keeping threads like these open so that people can voice their legitimate concerns for issues with the game. We can't keep it open if the atmosphere becomes overwhelmingly toxic and discussion strays too far from the matter at hand. Let's get it back on track, folks.

There is nothing to discuss.

By putting not working prks in the three they just show no respect to the players. "HA players are stupid they even will not notice"
As disappointed as I am by perks still not being fully implemented at this stage, I don't believe for a second that TaleWorlds has that mindset. In my opinion, unimplemented perks are milestones on a road map. The destination--and the route taken to get there--can still change at this point in development. They may have higher priorities, or are unsure of the final direction they want to take for these mechanics, but I think they have left them in so that players will have an idea of what to expect.

reported you for not contributing anything to the topic and possibly trolling. Just post about the perk system and how you'd like to see it improved or changed or agree with it etc...
Cool :smile:

There is just nothing I can say about the perks which wasn´t said before so.

What´s your suggestion?

I suggest TW to talk to the modders of the community patch. You?

I mean for real, what do you want to discuss? The placeholder perks look good, they just need to be implented.

Cool :smile:

There is just nothing I can say about the perks which wasn´t said before so.

What´s your suggestion?

I suggest TW to talk to the modders of the community patch. You?

I mean for real, what do you want to discuss? The placeholder perks look good, they just need to be implented.

Well if you have nothing to contribute about the topic of the thread (the perk system), then why post anything at all? And that's the last off topic thing I'll say in this thread.

Eventually the perks will be implemented and most of the party perks have been implemented according to bannerlordperks

You certainly did. Several reports have come out of this thread for minor things, yours being one of them. I don't think slapping anybody in this thread with warning points right now is necessary or beneficial. What is necessary is this reminder to everyone to keep the discussion topical and respectful. What is beneficial is keeping threads like these open so that people can voice their legitimate concerns for issues with the game. We can't keep it open if the atmosphere becomes overwhelmingly toxic and discussion strays too far from the matter at hand. Let's get it back on track, folks.

As disappointed as I am by perks still not being fully implemented at this stage, I don't believe for a second that TaleWorlds has that mindset. In my opinion, unimplemented perks are milestones on a road map. The destination--and the route taken to get there--can still change at this point in development. They may have higher priorities, or are unsure of the final direction they want to take for these mechanics, but I think they have left them in so that players will have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks for the sensical and tempered post. I think sometimes people fail to realize defending the game doesn't give you free reign over people.

Honestly as far as perks go I just would have appreciated a greyed out, lock icon, or tooltip on perks and stuff not working. I suppose it's a little late now, but I think that would have went a long way. You immediately know what isn't work and get to see the progress they make on the perks without the guesswork or forum spam. It may be too late for that solution at this point though as I imagine many people who play aren't aware that the perks aren't working, it would seem like a regress in development haha.

Eventually the perks will be implemented and most of the party perks have been implemented according to bannerlordperks
Sure. :smile:

That´s why we have whole trees not implemented. And a lot of perks who only work on the campaign.

We are on a good way.....after 6 months.....

But you´re right "eventually" they will be fixed or implemented after 6 months. Eventually not. Who cares?

But we can just rely on the modders, they fix them :smile: (for free in their spare tiime). We are doing good!

I still want to know where your contribituon is? Or are just reporting guys when you don´t like the opinion?

I really don't think anyone really believes TW wouldn't fully implement perks just to piss off fans. I think it's just pure frustration at the lack of progress that we've seen so. I think my biggest issue with perks is the vast majority of perks are bland at best and inconsequential at worst. It feels like TW really has no idea of what they should do so they throw in things such as 2% faster swing speed or troops move 5% faster and even if it's working who the hell is going to notice it? Imho perks should be less plentiful but more meaningful and if you're going to give a flat increase make it more substantial like 20 or 25%. There are plenty of other games out there that have perks why not use some of them for inspiration?

I really don't think anyone really believes TW wouldn't fully implement perks just to piss off fans. I think it's just pure frustration at the lack of progress that we've seen so. I think my biggest issue with perks is the vast majority of perks are bland at best and inconsequential at worst. It feels like TW really has no idea of what they should do so they throw in things such as 2% faster swing speed or troops move 5% faster and even if it's working who the hell is going to notice it? Imho perks should be less plentiful but more meaningful and if you're going to give a flat increase make it more substantial like 20 or 25%. There are plenty of other games out there that have perks why not use some of them for inspiration?
+1 most perks are bland. Athletics and Smithing both have perks that add +1 to control or endurance or vigor. You can't come up with unique perks for each tree?
Also, to add to the issue with slow progress, even the trees that are "fixed" have perks that aren't fully implemented, trees like one-handed, two-handed, and polearm.

You can't come up with unique perks for each tree?
Maybe someone should make a perk suggestion thread, either here or in the feedback & suggestions subforum. I have seen almost no suggestions for perk ideas, even though it is such a hot topic.

TaleWorlds has to design as many 600-700 perk effects to fill out the tree, so I'm sure they would appreciate any ideas, especially if people would like every single one to be unique or consequential.

Yes. I understand this.
But they can just put the small mark that tells "It doesnt work yet" So player will not spend 100 hours of grinding for that perk.
I am totaly fine that some perks are not implemented. But i want to know them.

Just imagine someone who grind 250 perk only to find out that it doesnt work.

Last edited:
Love you.

Maybe someone should make a perk suggestion thread, either here or in the feedback & suggestions subforum. I have seen almost no suggestions for perk ideas, even though it is such a hot topic.

TaleWorlds has to design as many 600-700 perk effects to fill out the tree, so I'm sure they would appreciate any ideas, especially if people would like every single one to be unique or consequential.
The big problem with perks is either their incredibly boring and completely under powered or they're interesting but they end up being OP. Anyone who has them would be much more powerful ie MC and all heroes, but that means normal soldiers would be woefully lacking. It's one of the reasons why I felt like they should never have gone down this path. But if they tried to scrap the system now they'd get a lot of hate. Why a studio with this much experience couldn't see this is beyond me.

The big problem with perks is either their incredibly boring and completely under powered or they're interesting but they end up being OP. Anyone who has them would be much more powerful ie MC and all heroes, but that means normal soldiers would be woefully lacking. It's one of the reasons why I felt like they should never have gone down this path. But if they tried to scrap the system now they'd get a lot of hate. Why a studio with this much experience couldn't see this is beyond me.
Totally agree. Its concerning to see how they try to make something work that is obviously not good. I would prefer seeing them throwing the system out and try something else. But I guess that would take too much time and cause even more people to get angry.

The big problem with perks is either their incredibly boring and completely under powered or they're interesting but they end up being OP. Anyone who has them would be much more powerful ie MC and all heroes, but that means normal soldiers would be woefully lacking.
I kind of think there's room for both. To me, not every perk needs to feel interesting or powerful; a minor stat boost is just fine. But there should definitely be some key perks rewarded here and there for reaching certain milestones in skills that make particular playstyles more viable.

Overall, perks aren't that much of a concern to me. I just don't understand why people spend so much time/effort demanding them, but on the other hand there's been a noticable absence of ideas thrown out there for the most part. People are usually tripping over themselves to tell TW how they should design the game.

I just think that the lack of direction of perks is due to the overall lack of connection to the overall game.
If I leveled up on Roguery, besides raiding villages, how does this help the main character?
The perks have to go side-by-side with the gameplay, but the gameplay hasn't been fully designed or implemented yet, and this makes the perks being unable to move forward.
To put it simply, can we implement a feature in the gameplay which we can barter trade to persuade Poachers to go away, or increase the chances of a cheaper barter trade to absorb bandits into our army or ask them to go away? All these will depend on your Roguery level.
Also, as for the recently implemented Pike brace and the already implemented Shieldwall, should we allow it to be fully implemented from the start? Shouldn't only a character with higher Tactics be able to form them?

Do we know it was inspired directly from that? I mean it's a fairly generic character progression system of "do the thing to increase the skill" been around in the elder scroll series and countless other games for like.. ever.
I'd like to know, along with basically anything about their creative processes with the character system. I kinda assumed perks were Ape'd from fallout.
There's a few perks that I think nail the perk concept for me. Like I'm stuck often choosing between Breeder and Riding hoard, I currently don't have a herd penalty, but if I wanted to use the breeder perk to it's full effect I would have a herd penalty from all the horses to proc breeds!

I'd like to know, along with basically anything about their creative processes with the character system. I kinda assumed perks were Ape'd from fallout.
There's a few perks that I think nail the perk concept for me. Like I'm stuck often choosing between Breeder and Riding hoard, I currently don't have a herd penalty, but if I wanted to use the breeder perk to it's full effect I would have a herd penalty from all the horses to proc breeds!

I'm willing to guess that it was a fairly late addition, at least in it's current iteration. Not only given that most of the perks weren't working when they released the ea, but there also doesn't seem to be much balance between them, some lines seem horrible, others seem great, they don't really appear to get more powerful towards the end of the trees or anything. Everything points to it just being something slapped together before EA with a "we'll get to it when we get to it" kind of mentality. I'm not sure they expected so many people to be invested in the character progression, but if you're going to put it in there people are going to want to put it to use.

Do we know it was inspired directly from that? I mean it's a fairly generic character progression system of "do the thing to increase the skill" been around in the elder scroll series and countless other games for like.. ever.

Not the progression but the perks. And I'm not 100% certain, but Silverstag was something of a big deal back in 2013-2015, because it was one of the very few mods that didn't just strip the finish off Warband and lay a new coat of paint over the same mechanics but actually added a bunch of systems. Stuff like really detailed town management, wandering mercenary groups for hire, specialized/unique troops with certain requirements, somewhat transparent recruiting, automatic garrison recruitment, kingdom policies, etc.

Sound a bit similar? :xf-wink:

I'm willing to guess that it was a fairly late addition, at least in it's current iteration. Not only given that most of the perks weren't working when they released the ea, but there also doesn't seem to be much balance between them, some lines seem horrible, others seem great, they don't really appear to get more powerful towards the end of the trees or anything. Everything points to it just being something slapped together before EA with a "we'll get to it when we get to it" kind of mentality. I'm not sure they expected so many people to be invested in the character progression, but if you're going to put it in there people are going to want to put it to use.

What was shown in August of 2018 was essentially the same (judging by icons and placement) as what it was on release.

My personal feeling is that they laid out a first draft early, then went about focusing on the combat, performance and stability as their main priorities. Campaign stuff was backburner and they discovered -- oops! A bunch of perks refer to systems that had been changed: for example, look in Roguery at all the perks talking about how much easier it is to pay bribes, get offered bribes, intimidate people in conversations, etc. But you're only really forced to pay a bribe once very early in the game and most likely never need to ever again.

Back
Top Bottom