SP - Battles & Sieges Advancing in a Shield Formation

Users who are viewing this thread

To start, I very much enjoy that my troops will prefer to sit behind a friendly troop with a shield when they themselves have a shield in the 1.5 beta, but there's a slight problem.

When I have troops behind the shield line, lets say Sturgian Veteran Warriors in front of Sturgian Ulfhednar in order to keep the large, less armored melee warriors safe it works great when they stay still.

But when using the "Advance" command, it kinda falls apart.
Since the Veteran Warriors have their shields up they move slower, and Ulfhednars already have some of the highest movement speed in the game, they completely overtake their own defenses rather then advance WITH the shields until they are close enough to effectively get in damage. This does not apply to only these troops, but its the most obvious when using them.

Maybe in the future when you have troops advance, is there a way to make all troops move at the same speed as the slowest unit in that group? Maybe apply that rule only to shield wall formations? In general I'd like my troops to all crash into the enemy line in one uniform front, not my heavy melee jumping in first only to be pin-cushioned with arrows, their shielded friends 15 meters behind them.

Cheers.

To start, I very much enjoy that my troops will prefer to sit behind a friendly troop with a shield when they themselves have a shield in the 1.5 beta, but there's a slight problem.

When I have troops behind the shield line, lets say Sturgian Veteran Warriors in front of Sturgian Ulfhednar in order to keep the large, less armored melee warriors safe it works great when they stay still.

But when using the "Advance" command, it kinda falls apart.
Since the Veteran Warriors have their shields up they move slower, and Ulfhednars already have some of the highest movement speed in the game, they completely overtake their own defenses rather then advance WITH the shields until they are close enough to effectively get in damage. This does not apply to only these troops, but its the most obvious when using them.

Maybe in the future when you have troops advance, is there a way to make all troops move at the same speed as the slowest unit in that group? Maybe apply that rule only to shield wall formations? In general I'd like my troops to all crash into the enemy line in one uniform front, not my heavy melee jumping in first only to be pin-cushioned with arrows, their shielded friends 15 meters behind them.

Cheers.

1f9ce5be59769cad58496ce84093043d0491bb1c.gifv

Hug me and cry with me, mate. For some time now, different users among whom I am, have been commenting about these problems at length. Check this out: The tactical way: beyond the melee cluster / Sprinkling the strategy: Advanced tactics with radial menu

Of course the devs know this kind of "taste" because of the implementation of a "more complex tactics" in Bannerlord. However, that something more advanced will eventually be implemented; it is beyond our control and steps into the realm of faith™ .

By the way, welcome to the forum :giggle:

Thanks! The issue felt super apparent to me so I figured I'd just make a account and toss out my few cents, though it makes sense that I'm not the only one to think of it.

It's a pleasure.

Any concerns or feedback, please feel free to post it if you feel like it. The only thing I suggest is to do a quick search of the topic in mind through the search button (header-righ side), in case there is already a thread created (not to reiterate, you know what I mean)

Back
Top Bottom