Bannerlord Comprehensive List of Implemented Perks (1.5.4 main branch and 1.5.5 beta) -UPDATE IN PROGRESS

Users who are viewing this thread

NLCRich

Squire
Disclaimer: This thread is created in attempt to make the information on perks available to all forum members. I didn't put the thread here to bash TW for not having the perks complete yet. I believe they are doing the best they can (but keep offering your suggestions). I compiled the information from my own extensive code review, and also compare against http://www.bannerlordperks.com/ and information I have found posted on the forums. I don't know whose site that is, but they have a nice visual (not yet updated for 1.5.4). My hope is to keep this updated, so please let me know if I have anything wrong or anything has changed. That is bound to happen when you piece the information together.

Visuals are provided by @redmark . Scroll further for the text list. The key is below the images and is pretty straightforward.

1.5.4:

0D5LDzg.jpg

Implemented & reported working.
Implemented, but differs from description.
Partly implemented, or partly bugged.
Not implemented.

One Handed -

1.5.4 Fully Implemented
- Almost all perk effects for one handed are implemented 1.4.3 main branch (Basher, Deflect, To Be Blunt, Swift Strike, Shield Bearer, Cavalry, Duelist,Trainer, Arrow Catcher, Shield Wall, Military Tradition, Corps-a-corps, Stand United, Lead by example, Steel Core Shields, Fleet of Foot, Deadly Purpose, Unwavering Defense, Way of the Sword)

1.5.4 Partial Implementation - Secondary effects are implemented for the following, but not primary damage effect (Prestige, Chink in the Armor).

Note: Level 225 perk Unwavering Defense:xf-grin::xf-grin::xf-grin:: The secondary effect actually works on the whole party and not just infantry. :xf-grin:

1.5.5 Beta Perk Changes - None. I reviewed the code and confirmed Prestige and Chink in the Armor remain partially implemented in 1.5.5.

Two Handed -

1.5.4 Fully Implemented - Most perks have been implemented (Strong Grip, Wood Chopper, On the edge, Head Basher, Shield Breaker, Beast Slayer, Berserker, Confidence, Reckless Charge, Thick Hides, Vandal, Blade Master, Way Of The Great Axe)

1.5.4 Partial Implementation - Secondary effects are implemented for the following, but not primary (Show of Strength, Baptized in Blood, Yadomejutsu)

1.5.4 Bugged Implementation:

Terror -
Secondary effect is implemented, but primary morale effect is +0.2% instead of +20%.
Hope - Secondary effect is implemented, but primary morale effect is +0.3% instead of +30%

1.5.5 Beta Perk Changes - The perks Terror and Hope are no longer bugged in 1.5.5.

Polearm -

1.5.4 Beta Perk Changes -
Upon further review I did find new functionality added for Braced and Hard Knock in 1.5.4. These appear to be the only perks updated in 1.5.4.

1.5.4 Fully Implemented - Most perks have been implemented (Pikeman, Cavalry, Braced, Swift Swing, Clean Thrust, Footwork, Hard Knock, Lancer, Stead Killer, Generous Rations, Drills, Unstoppable Force, Counterweight, Sharpen the Tip, Way of the Spear)

1.5.4 Partial Implementation - The following perks have secondary effects implemented, but primary effects are not implemented or do not function (Keep at Bay, Skewer, Guards, Standard Bearer, Phalanx)

Sure Footed
- Code does not appear changed since bannerlordperks.com reported the bug for 1.5.3. Primary effect increases the damage your units take from cavalry charge by 30%, rather than giving a 30% bonus to defense against it.

1.5.5 Beta Perk Changes: None.

Bow -

1.5.4 Fully Implemented - Per the patch notes, all bow perks are now implemented for beta 1.5.3. However, the perks have been tested by players and some issues have been found.

1.5.4 Partial Implementation - Bullseye
(Per bannerlordperks.com, the xp gain after battle primary effect remains unimplemented)

1.5.4 Bugged / Misleading Implementation -

- Hunter Clan
(The increased damage against mounts with bows only works on foot, which is not described)
- Salvo (Per bannerlordperks.com, the speed penalty from equipped bows is reduced to 37%, but not removed as indicated in the description)

1.5.5 Beta Perk Changes - None.

Crossbow -

1.5.4 Fully implemented - Per the patch notes, all crossbow perks are now implemented for beta 1.5.3.
However, some perks have had issues identified.

1.5.4 Bugged / Misleading Perks -
- Loose and Move
(Similar to Salvo for bow, this perk is said to reduce the movement penalty from wielding to 37%, but not remove it entirely)

- Terror (The morale debuff bonus only works when using a crossbow mounted, which must be a bug since this is highly uncommon scenario)
-
Picked Shot (Formerly Bolten Guard. This perk remains bugged to pay the player 50% of Tier4+ troop wages)

Throwing -

1.5.4 Fully Implemented
- Per the patch notes, the throwing tree is fully implemented in 1.5.4. However, bannerlordperks.com identified a few bugs in 1.5.4.

1.5.4. Bugged Perks:
- Mounted Skirmisher (The primary perk effect appears to apply to all ranged weapons and not just throwing)
- Splinters (The primary perk effect multiplies damage by 4 instead of 3 by increasing it by 300%. Ex. 2 + 300%(6) = 8 =2*4
- Impale (The primary effect applies to javelins and throwing axes, incorrectly described as applying to javelins and spears (these are effectively the same thing in the code)
-
Unstoppable Force (Effect starts at skill lvl 250 rather than 200 as described. Also appears to apply to all ranged weapons and not just throwing weapons).

Riding -

1.5.4 Fully Implemented -Almost all riding perks are implemented in 1.5.4. However, one perk remains partially implemented.

1.5.4 Partial Implementation - Veterinary (Per bannerlordperks.com, the Veterinary perk does not appear to do anything with lame mounts. The lame mounts feature in the game in general I think does not work as intended, which may be part of the problem)

Athletics -

1.5.4 and 1.5.5 Fully Implemented - All athletics perks should be working from 1.5.0 on, including 1.5.4 and 1.5.5. Please let me know if anyone finds this is not the case.

Smithing -

1.5.5 Fully Implemented
- Most perks are fully implemented for smithing (Efficient Charcoal Maker, Efficient Iron Maker, Steel Maker, Curious Smelter, Steel Maker 2, Curious Smith, Experienced Smith, Steel Maker 3, Practical Refiner, Practical Smelter, Vigorous Smith, Controlled Smith, Practical Smith, Artisan Smith, Master Smith, Fencer Smith, Enduring Smith, Legendary Smith)

1.5.4 Not Implemented - Only a few perks remain unimplemented (Sharpened Edge, Sharpened Tip).

1.5.5 Beta Perk Changes - None. I confirmed the two above perks remain unimplemented in 1.5.5.

Scouting -

1.5.4 Fully Implemented
- 40 campaign side scouting perks were added per patch notes. There are exactly 41 perk effects in this tree. However, despite this I found a total of 3 perks with issues (4 not working perk effects) after reviewing the code. Also, bannerlordperks.com identified a few bugs.

1.5.4 Partial Implementation - Keen Sight (secondary), Rearguard (primary)

1.5.4 Not Implemented - Vanguard

- Forest Kin
(The perk does decrease your speed penalty by 50% in forests if you have more than 75% infantry, however also, if you have less than 75% infantry, it removes the penalty entirely (not described/ not intended). So the best use is to get the perk and then keep less than 75% infantry, counter to its description.
- Ranger (The primary effect does not work at night, which is not described.)
- Patrols (The secondary effect appears to give you a 10% bonus to all simulation battles, not just against bandits)
- Beast Whisperer (Warning: A crash bug has identified with this perk. The perk will give you a 5% chance to copy a horse in your inventory in plains/steppes. However, if there is no horse in your party, the game will crash.

1.5.5 Beta Perk Changes - Beast Whisperer
is no longer bugged in 1.5.5.

Tactics -

1.5.3 Not Implemented -
Sorry folks. The implementation has not been done on any perks for tactics. Your skill level in tactics will still affect the game play.

1.5.4 Beta Perk Changes - Patch notes said 30 campaign side Tactics perks were implemented. I verified via code review. After this, bannerlordperks.com also identified two bugs.

1.5.4 Fully Implemented - Horde Leader, Swift Regroup, On the March, Counter Offensive, Tactical Mastery

1.5.4 Partial Implementation - Tight Formations (primary) , Loose Formations (primary), Asymmetrical Warfare (primary), Proper Engagement (primary), Small Unit Tactics (primary) Law Keeper (primary), Coaching (primary), Improviser (secondary), Elite Reserves (primary), Encirclement (primary), Pre Battle Maneuvers (secondary), Besieged (primary), Marching Columns (secondary).

1.5.4 Not Implemented - Call to Arms, Pick Them Off the Walls, Make Them Pay,

1.5.4 bugged perks - Loose Formations (Primary effect reduces all damage to infantry by 10%. not just ranged), Proper Engagement (The implemented effect works in plains, steppe, or forest, but the last one should be desert instead of forest per the description).

Roguery -

1.5.3 Not Implemented -
Sorry. The implementation has not been done on any perks for roguery. Your skill level in roguery will still affect the game play.

1.5.4 Beta Perk Changes - Many perks have been added or changed. I have done a full code review and the below is the accurate information for Roguery. It is still possible there could be a bug I didn't see, so let me know if you find anything is not accurate.

1.5.4 Fully Implemented - No Rest for the Wicked, Sweet Talker, Deep Pockets, Slave Trader, Scarface, White Lies, Salt the Earth, Ransom Broker, Arms Dealer

Note: The 30% surrender chance described by the Scarface perk affects all of the following: direct surrender, bribe, bandit chance to join player party.

1.5.4 Partial Implementation -
Two Faced (primary), Know How (secondary), Promises (primary), Smuggler Connections (secondary), One of the Family (secondary), Dirty Fighting (secondary), Fleet Footed (secondary)

1.5.4 Not Implemented - In Best Light, Thieves Honor, Carver, Dash and Slash, The master-rogue

Charm -

1.5.3 Fully Implemented -
If you like to spend time getting the better of RNG conversations, or enjoy relation boosts from quests, well... your in luck! Most of the perks for charm have been implemented (Ice Breaker, Adventure Stories, Show Your Scars, Forgivable Grievances, Meaningful Favors, In Bloom, Young and Respectful, Champion, Respectful Opposition, Effort for the People, Promoter, Our Glorious Leader, Pro Familia, Moral Leader, Natural Leader, Courtship, Parade, Immortal Charm)

1.5.3 Not Implemented - Just two. (Diplomacy, CharmExtra1)

1.5.4 Beta Perk Changes - None. I reviewed and confirmed the two above perks remain unimplemented in 1.5.4.

Leadership -

You may really just be wondering. If I grind that leadership to lvl 125, does that disciplinarian perk actually work!?!? The answer is YES (Combat Tips, Raise the Meek, Inspiring Attacker, Staur Defender, Stiff Upper Lip, Gratitude, Dispenser of Justice, Disciplinarian, Drill Master, Citizen Militia, Inspiring Leader, Assuring Presence, Public Talker, Inspiring Warrior, Swords as Tribute, Companions)

1.5.3 Partial / Bugged Implementation - At the highest level, (Ultimate Leader 1, Ultimate Leader 2). These two perks work, but only while the player is not in a Kingdom. At lvl 100, (Levy Sergeant, Veterans Respect), these two perks work properly, but are bugged to display incorrecly (always shows 0) when viewing the wage details tool tip.

1.5.4 Beta Perk Changes - None. I reviewed and confirmed there are no changes.

Trade -

Trade is mostly working. You can make money from trading (Appraiser, Whole Seller, Caravan Master, Town Merchant, Traveling Rumors, Local Connection, Distributed Goods, Artisan Community, Great Investor, Toll Gates, Villager Connections, Content Trades, Insurance Plans, Rapid Development, Granary Accountant, Tradeyard Foreman, Everything Has A Price).

1.5.3 Partially Implemented
- Artisan Community, Great Investor. The influence bonuses do not work as described (0.1 and 0.3 instead of 1).

1.5.3 Not Implemented - It's really only a problem if you get 250 or more (Influential Trader, Mercenary Trader)

1.5.4 Beta Perk Changes - Many changes were made to the Trade perk tree in 1.5.4. New perk effects were added (in some cases to existing perks), and perks were also altered in other ways. I reviewed the code and am able to provide the below information.

1.5.4 Fully Implemented - Trade is mostly working. You can make money from trading (Appraiser, Whole Seller, Caravan Master, Market Dealer, Traveling Rumors, Local Connection, Distributed Goods, Toll Gates, Artisan Community, Great Investor, Content Trades, Rapid Development, Graveyard Accountant, Tradeyard Foreman, Sword for Barter, Silver Tongue, Spring of Gold, Man of Means, Trickle Down,
Everything Has a Price (This perk at the end of the list has its name hidden, but it is indeed Everything Has a Price. The perk requires 300 trade skill and makes owned settlements barterable)

1.5.4 Partial Implementation - Villager Connections (primary), Insurance Plans (primary), Self Made Man (secondary)

Notes: Insurance plans secondary effect gives you more elite caravan guards in 1.5.3. In 1.5.4, this is changed to a decreased price for consumables, but the new effect is not implemented. Rapid Development secondary effect was changed to a decreased price for (clay,iron,cotton,silver).

Steward -

1.5.3 Not Implemented - The implementation has not been done on any perks for steward.
Your skill level in steward will still affect the game play.

1.5.4 Beta Perk Changes - Per the patch notes, exactly 38 campaign side perk effects were implemented. There are a total of 40 perk effects. So I'd think all but 2 of the effects are working. I found the two below after code review.

1.5.4 Partial Implementation - Efficient Campaigner (secondary), Contractors (secondary)

Medicine -

With medicine, pretty much everything is working. I'll spare the list in this case since we only need to know...

1.5.3 Not Implemented - You can't heal your horse (Horse healer)

1.5.4 Beta Perk Changes - None.

Engineering -

1.5.3 and 1.5.4 Not Implemented - The implementation has not been done on any perks for engineering.
Your skill level in engineering will still affect the game play. Engineering is the only entirely unimplemented tree in beta 1.5.4.

Yea, Great thanks for all that text, but..When should this information affect my perk choice? See Below:

- One Handed level 225 Note: Unwavering Defense: The secondary effect actually works on the whole party and not just infantry. :xf-grin:

- Polearm level 50 (beta 1.5.4 Only): Braced is fully implemented, while Keep at Bay still does not have the pushing primary effect implemented.
- Polearm level 100 (1.5.3 Main Branch Only): Footwork is fully implemented, while Hard Knock does not have Knock Back effect.
- Polearm level 225: Unstoppable Force is fully implemented, while Sure Footed is bugged to increase the damage your units take from charges by 30%, rather than increasing their defense by 30%.

- Bow level 150: Discipline is fully implemented, while for Hunter Clan, The increased damage against mounts only works on foot (either bugged or incorrectly described).
- Bow level 200: Bulls Eye does not apply the xp gain after battles, but Renowned Archer is fully implemented.
- Bow level 250: Quick Draw is fully implemented, while for Salvo, the speed penalty for equipped bows is not entirely removed, but reduced to 37% (either bugged or mis-described)

- Crossbow level 150: Loose and Moove does not entirely remove speed penalty from bows (but reduced to 37%), while Deft Hands is implemented as described.
- Crossbow level 225: Hammer Bolts remains partially implemented (does not give dismount chance), while Pavise is fully implemented.
- Crossbow level 250: Terror's secondary effect is bugged to only work while mounted, while Bolten Guard also has bugged implementation (Tier 4+ troops are paying you 50% wages each day rather than you paying them :smile: )

- Throwing level 75 Note (1.5.4 Only): Mounted Skirmisher (The primary perk effect appears to apply to all ranged weapons and not just throwing)
- Throwing level 150 (1.5.3 Main Branch Only): Last hit is not implemented, while Focus is partially implemented (settlement security bonus).
- Throwing level 175 (1.5.3 Main Branch Only): Headhunter is partially implemented (Tier 2+ troops are cheaper), but Throwing Competions is fully implemented.
- Throwing level 200 (1.5.3 Main Branch Only): Splinters is not implemented, but Saddle Bags is partially implemented (infantry daily xp bonus).
- Throwing level 200 Note (1.5.4 Only): Splinters (The primary perk effect multiplies damage by 4 instead of 3 by increasing it by 300%. Ex. 2 + 300%(6) = 8 =2*4
- Throwing level 225 (1.5.3 Main Branch Only): Resourceful is not implemented, but Long Reach is partially implemented (morale and renown bonus from battles).
- Throwing level 250 Note (1.5.4 Only): Impale (The primary effect applies to javelins and throwing axes, incorrectly described as applying to javelins and spears (these are effectively the same thing in the code)

- Riding level 50: Well Strapped is fully implemented, while Veterinary does not appear to effect the chances of preventing lame mounts (lame mounts in general don't work as intended).
- Riding level 150 (1.5.3 Main Branch Only): Mounted Warrior does not apply the cavalry damage bonus secondary effect, while Horse Archer applies a damage bonus to horse archers rather than cavalry (error in description). Horse Archer otherwise applies two effects and is the better choice.

- Scouting level 225 (beta 1.5.4 Only): Vantage Point
is fully implemented, while Keen Sight does not affect your terrain sight penalty (primary effect not implemented)
- Scouting level 250 (beta 1.5.4 Only): Vanguard is not implemented, while Rearguard does not affect simulated battles when defending siege camp (secondary effect not implemented).

- Tactics level 75 (beta 1.5.4 only): Small Unit Tactics does not affect movement speed for formations with less than 15 soldiers (secondary effect not implemented), while Horde Leader is fully implemented.
- Tactics level 125 (beta 1.5.4 only): Swift Regroup is fully implemented, while Improviser does not affect morale penalty for disorganized state in battles (primary effect not implemented).
- Tactics level 150 (beta 1.5.4 only): On The March is fully implemented, while Call To Arms is not implemented.
- Tactics level 250 (beta 1.5.4 only): Counter Offensive is fully implemented, while Marching Columns does not affect the army movement speed penalty (primary effect not implemented).

- Roguery level 50 (beta 1.5.4 only): Two Faced does not do anything with morale when recruiting bandits (secondary effect not implemented), while Deep Pockets is fully implemented.
- Roguery level 75 (beta 1.5.4 only): In Best Light is not implemented, while Know How does not effect loot gain from villages and peasants (primary effect not implemented).
- Roguery level 100 (beta 1.5.4 only): Promises does not effect the speed to recruit bandit prisoners (secondary effect not implemented), while Slave Trader is fully implemented.
- Roguery level 150 (beta 1.5.4 only): Smuggler Connections does not increase civilian armor rating (primary effect not implemented), but Thieves Honor is not implemented.
- Roguery level 175 (beta 1.5.4 only): One of the Family does not affect bandit unit skills, while Salt the Earth is fully implemented.
- Roguery level 200 (beta 1.5.4 only): Carver is not implemented, while Ransom Broker is fully implemented.
- Roguery level 225 (beta 1.5.4 only): Arms Dealer is fully implemented, while Dirty Fighting does not affect kick stun duration (primary effect not implemented)
- Roguery level 250 (beta 1.5.4 only): Dash and Slash is not implemented, and Fleet Footed does not affect your movement speed (primary effect not implemented)

- Charm level 25: Ice Breaker works but Diplomacy is not implemented.

- Trade level 150 (beta 1.5.4 only): Villager Connections does not save you any gold when captured (secondary effect not implemented), while Content Trades is fully implemented.
- Trade level 175 (beta 1.5.4 only): Insurance Plans does not decrease the cost of consumables (secondary effect not implemented), but Rapid Development is fully implemented.
- Trade level 225 (beta 1.5.4 only): Sword For Barter is fully implemented, while Self Made Man does not affect barter penalty for prisoner exchange (primary effect not implemented)

- Steward level 100 (beta 1.5.4 only): Paid In Promise is fully implemented, while Efficient Campaigner does not affect your food item loot gain (primary effect not implemented).
- Steward level 200 (beta 1.5.4 only): Forced Labor is fully implemented, while Contractors does not effect mercenary troop wage and upgrade cost (primary effect not implemented).

Last edited:
Well that took a while, but there it is. I'm happy to take suggestions on any part of this thing. At the least, it's a start for us figuring out what is going on with these perks. I didn't know much of this information until making the thread. I've been picking unimplemented perks while leaving working ones sitting behind. XD

I've been saying this forever, they could do what almost every other game has done and just simply have stuff greyed out or a simple tooltip. Just the very minimum of effort put in could solve so much... ughh

Right... They have that lock icon, but it was just a placeholder for unimplemented icons, and did not represent functionality. If they put that on all the unimplemented ones, and then saved the icons for release when the perks are working, that would be a simple solution that might suffice. They could even place an open lock icon to indicate partial functionality, and then it would be pretty easy for players to pick up, and testers to know when new perks are implemented so we can let TW know if something is bugged.

Right... They have that lock icon, but it was just a placeholder for unimplemented icons, and did not represent functionality. If they put that on all the unimplemented ones, and then saved the icons for release when the perks are working, that would be a simple solution that might suffice. They could even place an open lock icon to indicate partial functionality, and then it would be pretty easy for players to pick up, and testers to know when new perks are implemented so we can let TW know if something is bugged.

Yep right now it's a mess.

Thanks all. I also hope the thread gets pinned.

@Callum @Duh_TaleWorlds and others at TW: I am happy to keep this updated and make any corrections if there are changes that are not accounted for. Or if you want to own it, you are welcome to. We are really just trying to understand all of what perks are working so we can make informed decisions while playing and testing in EA. Thanks for all your hard work.

Also, if it is the little quips that are preventing pin, I can remove them. They are really just there to break up the monotony of all that text.

Last edited:
@NLCRich Maybe just make the edits now. I really want this pinned. It saves so much confusion with people constantly being surprised when things dont work, reporting known issues. Also allows people to test appropriately.

:wink: will bump every day for importance. Pretty let down by tw that they let me play my first 100 hours without even mentioning somewhere in game that perks dont work. Things like this take the joy out of playing for me

@NLCRich Maybe just make the edits now. I really want this pinned. It saves so much confusion with people constantly being surprised when things dont work, reporting known issues. Also allows people to test appropriately.

I made some changes to try and shorten things, and removed all bits of sass and humor. I'm not sure if it will help, but if not I will continue to do my best to keep track of it anyway.

To be honest, this is sort of hard to read, and are the perks in order from left to right or random?
I don't want to make you feel bad because you are doing good work, but I wonder if it would be possible instead to make it more readable by taking a screenshot of the skill tre and changing the perks to green and red colors so a quick glance can give you the information, rather than reading and remembering the names of each?

Maybe it's a lot of work, but i'd be happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom