Give us a new Roadmap, or re-affirm the already existing Roadmap.

Users who are viewing this thread

I hope we dont end with a skeleton of a game. This could be a very good game with a lot of depth and be a lot of fun even without mods. would be sad if you need mods to make this game feel complete specially after all the good suggestions and Feedback the community has given TW, everything they need to know is in their hands they just need to implement.

Last edited:
An updated roadmap would be pretty good.
It doesn't need to a strict guideline of what's going to happen but a rough estimate of what they're going to try and accomplish.

So far I've been pretty disappointed with the content.
I want Bannerlord to surpass what was in Viking Conquest but we're not even close to fully implementing what was in the base game of Warband.

So far I've been pretty disappointed with the content.
I want Bannerlord to surpass what was in Viking Conquest but we're not even close to fully implementing what was in the base game of Warband.
Really? Warband was a brilliant empty shell of a game, but it was an empty shell, Bannerlord already surpasses it content wise, Bannerlords issue atm is that alot of those things arent yet fully implemented, but i cant see how you can say Warband in base game was for content rich.

That's what he is referring to, in part. All the banners of a kingdom being the same two color scheme.

Yeah but aren't we talking about custom banners for the player? AI colors can be simple, nobody cares about
Really? Warband was a brilliant empty shell of a game, but it was an empty shell, Bannerlord already surpasses it content wise, Bannerlords issue atm is that alot of those things arent yet fully implemented, but i cant see how you can say Warband in base game was for content rich.

Yes Tim really. Thousands of players are disappointed with the current content and lack of content. This shouldn't be news to you, given the amount of time you spend on the forums.

Yes Warband lacked content but that's to be expected. It was made in 2010 by a handful of people. Bannerlord released in ea after 8 years in development by a studio of over 90 devs, a lot of people were expecting more.

Hopefully you're right and we get more but from what we've seen during this ea I'm not holding my breath. That's fine as long as modding tools get released then it can become something much better, but we at least need a good framework and right now Bannerlord isn't even close.

Yeah but aren't we talking about custom banners for the player? AI colors can be simple, nobody cares about

Yes Tim really. Thousands of players are disappointed with the current content and lack of content. This shouldn't be news to you, given the amount of time you spend on the forums.
Oh it does not surprise me, only the illogical arguments put forward does. Plenty of things for Bannerlord to be improved in, but making up stuff to fuel your anger does nothing for making Bannerlord better Stew...
Yes Warband lacked content but that's to be expected. It was made in 2010 by a handful of people. Bannerlord released in ea after 8 years in development by a studio of over 90 devs, a lot of people were expecting more.

Hopefully you're right and we get more but from what we've seen during this ea I'm not holding my breath. That's fine as long as modding tools get released then it can become something much better, but we at least need a good framework and right now Bannerlord isn't even close.
Like Warband is my favorite game of all time, what im saying is, lets not make it better than it was. I understand some people likely had exscpetations for Bannerlord that can never be fulfilled, and yes Bannerlord is not there yet, but it is ea and we have already seen big improvements from when the ea released. Also the 8 year argument makes little sense, its like saying Diablo 3 had 10 years of development, when they restarted everything around 2006. Making a game like Bannerlord takes waaaaaaaaay more effort than making Warband ever did, but yes exspectations are a ***** and i ecspect Bannerlord to get to a far better state than it is atm. but they still have over half a year to reach that state. Alot of the tings people want them to put into this game i see as a bit of a waste of time, but that will always be a personal opinion as we all want/like different things, but many suggestions are better for modders to work on after, when Taleworlds have produced a stable in depth sandbox for people to tinker with, then the immagination of thusands will come to play and we the players will be able to pick and choose and far more easily than we got to do in Warband, because one of the things Taleworlds did was restart around 2014 by making their own engine that will make mod implementation far far better and easier, i would pick that any day over having had a release in 2017 with the content they had made for the old engine. Also Warband took years before it became what it was and VC launch was a buggy lauch that needed a Reforged version before it became what everyone refrences now a days. Give Taleworlds the time they asked for I would say and then let modders add the things you might feel misses after that. There will be something all of us will feel is missing, but im a 100% sure that it wont be the same thing.

Oh it does not surprise me, only the illogical arguments put forward does. Plenty of things for Bannerlord to be improved in, but making up stuff to fuel your anger does nothing for making Bannerlord better Stew...

Like Warband is my favorite game of all time, what im saying is, lets not make it better than it was. I understand some people likely had exscpetations for Bannerlord that can never be fulfilled, and yes Bannerlord is not there yet, but it is ea and we have already seen big improvements from when the ea released. Also the 8 year argument makes little sense, its like saying Diablo 3 had 10 years of development, when they restarted everything around 2006. Making a game like Bannerlord takes waaaaaaaaay more effort than making Warband ever did, but yes exspectations are a ***** and i ecspect Bannerlord to get to a far better state than it is atm. but they still have over half a year to reach that state. Alot of the tings people want them to put into this game i see as a bit of a waste of time, but that will always be a personal opinion as we all want/like different things, but many suggestions are better for modders to work on after, when Taleworlds have produced a stable in depth sandbox for people to tinker with, then the immagination of thusands will come to play and we the players will be able to pick and choose and far more easily than we got to do in Warband, because one of the things Taleworlds did was restart around 2014 by making their own engine that will make mod implementation far far better and easier, i would pick that any day over having had a release in 2017 with the content they had made for the old engine. Also Warband took years before it became what it was and VC launch was a buggy lauch that needed a Reforged version before it became what everyone refrences now a days. Give Taleworlds the time they asked for I would say and then let modders add the things you might feel misses after that. There will be something all of us will feel is missing, but im a 100% sure that it wont be the same thing.

What you're basically saying is for people to lower their expectations, disregard the lack of the content and wait for modders to finish the game.
That might work out for Bethesda but arguably even they do a better job of making sure there is enough content in the game for modders to work with.

Mods are what made Warband great. People wanted to see Bannerlord taking on board the many additions those mods made. Taleworlds even said as much since even they were aware of how good mods made that game.
What we certainly didn't want was a prettier yet emptier version of Warband with a complete lack of charm and soul.

What you're basically saying is for people to lower their expectations, disregard the lack of the content and wait for modders to finish the game.
That might work out for Bethesda but arguably even they do a better job of making sure there is enough content in the game for modders to work with.
Thats not what im bacially saying. Im saying to wait for them to finish and see what they have given us, but yes it would be folish to expect to see all the mods implemented, because many of the great ones do the same or similar things, which would ruin balance, the sandbox of Bannerlord needs to be very balanced. Later when mods come, we can pick and choose what we want our selves. Talworlds have also said possible DLCs are in the future (is that an awesome practice, no not really, but in todays market its pretty much innocent compared to what else we see)

Thats not what im bacially saying. Im saying to wait for them to finish and see what they have given us, but yes it would be folish to expect to see all the mods implemented, because many of the great ones do the same or similar things, which would ruin balance, the sandbox of Bannerlord needs to be very balanced. Later when mods come, we can pick and choose what we want our selves. Talworlds have also said possible DLCs are in the future (is that an awesome practice, no not really, but in todays market its pretty much innocent compared to what else we see). This game is not finished yet, so we dont know what they will add on top yet, we know theres alot of turned off code, with some interesting hints in it. What i am saying is, lets wait a bit and see what Taleworlds actually gives us before saying stuff like " What we certainly didn't want was a prettier yet emptier version of Warband with a complete lack of charm and soul." I already disagree Bannerlord is emptier than Warband, and yes i did want a prettier version that Warband and would have accepted a 100% copy with better graphics if it gave the modding tools we are getting aswell. Also look at VC, the release of that game was not that great, but they stuck with it and made it one. I dont agree that its without charm and soul, it has issues, mostly with progression as i see it, you can skip far too many faces of the game, one of the issues being we get access to a far too big army too early and loot from nobles can cover the expenses of those armies. Rogery needs to be far more important for loot quality i think, but these are also issues i except will be worked on, and that more features will be included.

Back
Top Bottom