MP Musket Era Persistent Frontier scene size

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings

I'm a newbie scener and i'm starting a scene on the Napoleonic Wars add-on for Mount and Blade Warband. When creating a scene, the way I found to make said scene as big as possible is to start a native singleplayer campaign (with windowed mode and edit mode enabled), select "terrain" and generate a scene with 5 meters Polygon Size, moving the sliders for Size Y and Size X all the way to the right. Then I copy the terrain code and paste it where appropriate.

Now, the reason why I'm starting this thread on the in the Persistent Frontier's section is that, if memory serves me right, having played PF, I recall the game scene being huge allowing for multiple forts, villages and towns, in fact much bigger than what my scene looks like after being generated in the Native SP Campaign.

I have then two questions:
  1. Is it true that PF scenes are, in terms of overall size, the biggest scenes for warband?
  2. And if so, how to generate a scene the size of a PF scene?
Thanks in advance. Answer whenever possible, I'll reply.

Yours sincerely,
Fusilier

Dear Fusilier,

1. It really depend to which mod you compare Persistent Frontier. If you compare it with Napoleonic Wars (which are often very open and empty maps) then PF is indeed big (our maps used to be between 400 and 950 kb depending on world size). Compare it with Persistent World (and perfaps other Persistent mods) and we would be equal or lower.

2. I used a map generator in the past but the link is no longer working (I used this terrain generator). I also often copied an existing map and just changed the terrain which will still work. I'll sent to you all my Persistent Frontier maps later today when I'm home. You can use or edit them if you like.

When making a new map I wouldn't suggest going over 1MB due to performance issues. We also tried to avoid big maps like New England since they often cause alot of lagg for players (might no longer be the case, since pc's got alot better compared to 2014-2016). Bigger maps usually means more models like tree's which caused the lagg. Reducing the amount of tree's helps alot but makes big maps very open / less beautiful. I myself would prefer the Amazon map size. I assume the lagg is just caused by how the game works.

I hope this will help you. You can expect a DM from me later tonight with the link to the Persistent Frontier maps.

Kind regards,

BlackSniper

Dear Fusilier,

1. It really depend to which mod you compare Persistent Frontier. If you compare it with Napoleonic Wars (which are often very open and empty maps) then PF is indeed big (our maps used to be between 400 and 950 kb depending on world size). Compare it with Persistent World (and perfaps other Persistent mods) and we would be equal or lower.

2. I used a map generator in the past but the link is no longer working (I used this terrain generator). I also often copied an existing map and just changed the terrain which will still work. I'll sent to you all my Persistent Frontier maps later today when I'm home. You can use or edit them if you like.

When making a new map I wouldn't suggest going over 1MB due to performance issues. We also tried to avoid big maps like New England since they often cause alot of lagg for players (might no longer be the case, since pc's got alot better compared to 2014-2016). Bigger maps usually means more models like tree's which caused the lagg. Reducing the amount of tree's helps alot but makes big maps very open / less beautiful. I myself would prefer the Amazon map size. I assume the lagg is just caused by how the game works.

I hope this will help you. You can expect a DM from me later tonight with the link to the Persistent Frontier maps.

Kind regards,

BlackSniper

Dear BlackSniper

Thank you for the feedback and I await the PF maps.

Best regards
Fusilier

Back
Top Bottom