Block Delay

Users who are viewing this thread

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT INTERESTING PART HERE I SAID IF THE SAME PERSON THAT NEVER PLAYED WARBAND OR GAMES LIKE DOTA 2 AND HE WATCHES 1 STREAM OF EACH GAME WHAT WILL BE EASIER TO UNDERSTAND???? WHO TF IS TALKING ABOUT INTERESTING HERE MY DUDE OPEN YOU EYES AND LEARN HOW TO READ. you're a rly one special aren't you? Oh and I wrote this in caps maybe you will pay attention to what I'm writing

I literally answered that and said "easier to understand the fundamentals sure" that is the answer that it would be easier to understand Warbands fundamentals the first time you see it.

You really need to calm down mate.

Pretty sure no one thinks that. Only thing that people have been saying is that Warband had a far better competitive scene that Bannerlord has and probably will have.
"Back in my day..."

I'm pretty sure there's at least one poor deranged soul somewhere here thinking it. Nobody here said Warband was ****, just difficult to watch for outsiders. I loved it to bits, as I pointed out so many times.
Regarding Bannerlord: funny to give the verdict already with the game being Early Access.

Pretty sure no one thinks that. Only thing that people have been saying is that Warband had a far better competitive scene that Bannerlord has and probably will have.

If you are refering to a twitchy fest, as a "far better competitive scene", I completely disagree, and really hope TW disagrees with you too. 1.5 was a good patch. I believe they made Bannerlord combat gameplay more Warbandy, and I would rather make it so that its in between 1.5 and 1.4.2

If you are refering to a twitchy fest, as a "far better competitive scene", I completely disagree, and really hope TW disagrees with you too. 1.5 was a good patch. I believe they made Bannerlord combat gameplay more Warbandy, and I would rather make it so that its in between 1.5 and 1.4.2
Have you ever watched a competitive battle match ever? Duel maybe, but you’re just showing your ignorance right now. Nobody euro feinted in competitive with sword and board, they moreso traded blows and would never contort their body

Have you ever watched a competitive battle match ever? Duel maybe, but you’re just showing your ignorance right now. Nobody euro feinted in competitive with sword and board, they moreso traded blows and would never contort their body

Give me the afternoon and ill provide a couple of links, thanks for asking for source, good practice.

Give me the afternoon and ill provide a couple of links, thanks for asking for source, good practice.
I’m telling you I played in it, and I was a duelist, and what you’re thinking about is duel not battle. Feinting a ton is basically useless in battle where ttk is more important

I’m telling you I played in it, and I was a duelist, and what you’re thinking about is duel not battle. Feinting a ton is basically useless in battle where ttk is more important

I hear you RCC_God. I believe you man. You are right, duels are not battles. Its just feinting and the general combat flow is faster now on 1.5, and in my personal preference, I would like to be between 1.4.2 and 1.5. Just a tad slower than what is is on 1.5 That includes feint movement and execution, ready & release speed, and blocking delay.

I agree with you but the thing this dude is saying that a outsider can't understand what is going on in warband and an outsider understandswhat is going on in DotA 2 is ridiculous. And I forgot about the active items with which you can disappear, slow the enemy down, heal up and etc.
Warband is easier to understand than Dota, but the chaos is pretty simmilar, especially in 8v8.
The differences is that with 16 players on the field, cavalry running everywhere, casual observers have no clue what the hell is going on. They just see blobs running at eachother and eventually 1 color wins.
Thats basically the same in Dota, but you can see what abilities they do, the shiny colours make it look more epic and impressive than clicking a simple button.
Warband didnt have any special attacks, its not like you click 3 and you hilt spam for 3 seconds, its difficult to know when a does something cool or not.

We also fought teams that thought they were hot stuff after playing casual, like siege etc. They watch a few streams of competitive and think pfff we can do that, no problem! We crush them 12-0. It is hard to gauge skill differences in Warband unless you've played a fair amount.

Warband is easier to understand than Dota, but the chaos is pretty simmilar, especially in 8v8.
The differences is that with 16 players on the field, cavalry running everywhere, casual observers have no clue what the hell is going on. They just see blobs running at eachother and eventually 1 color wins.
Thats basically the same in Dota, but you can see what abilities they do, the shiny colours make it look more epic and impressive than clicking a simple button.
Warband didnt have any special attacks, its not like you click 3 and you hilt spam for 3 seconds, its difficult to know when a does something cool or not.

We also fought teams that thought they were hot stuff after playing casual, like siege etc. They watch a few streams of competitive and think pfff we can do that, no problem! We crush them 12-0. It is hard to gauge skill differences in Warband unless you've played a fair amount.
True, but at least you get an idea of what is going on in Warband and there can't be a class picked with different abilities and etc, not like in dota when you need a lot of time just to remember what kind of abilities each character has and etc.

True, but at least you get an idea of what is going on in Warband and there can't be a class picked with different abilities and etc, not like in dota when you need a lot of time just to remember what kind of abilities each character has and etc.
Yeah for the most part. The cav chaos makes it difficult to pay attention to fights though (I asked casuals when I started streaming.) Dota just looks more impressive than warband. We're suckers for shiny lights I guess.

Yeah for the most part. The cav chaos makes it difficult to pay attention to fights though (I asked casuals when I started streaming.) Dota just looks more impressive than warband. We're suckers for shiny lights I guess.

M&B has the potential but needs a better design.
I played a lot of clan matches in both WB native and CRPG. WB balancing is actually bad. Devs only tried to create fair, but to be fair is not enough to be a good match.

For a good match, we need good rhythms:

1. Stable and skill required Infantry fight, to help audiences establish a fundamental understanding.
2. Good archer position setups will impact the battle a lot. It's also easy to understand.
3. Cavs charge at the right time and the right angle will create a great advantage. This will be similar to the "cooldown" in other games -- rhythms.

Also, the most dramatic moment of a WB match is the endgame. However, people in WB are too easy to die which is hard to create a good (and long enough) endgame.
Actually, CRPG's endgames are more interesting than Natives. I think one of the reasons is people have thicker armor.

Overall, I don't think the settings of WB tried anything to make a match more ornamental. It can be better.

M&B has the potential but needs a better design.
I played a lot of clan matches in both WB native and CRPG. WB balancing is actually bad. Devs only tried to create fair, but to be fair is not enough to be a good match.

For a good match, we need good rhythms:

1. Stable and skill required Infantry fight, to help audiences establish a fundamental understanding.
2. Good archer position setups will impact the battle a lot. It's also easy to understand.
3. Cavs charge at the right time and the right angle will create a great advantage. This will be similar to the "cooldown" in other games -- rhythms.

Also, the most dramatic moment of a WB match is the endgame. However, people in WB are too easy to die which is hard to create a good (and long enough) endgame.
Actually, CRPG's endgames are more interesting than Natives. I think one of the reasons is people have thicker armor.

Overall, I don't think the settings of WB tried anything to make a match more ornamental. It can be better.

This is exactly what I'm trying to say. People need to see exactly how good that dude or that team is compared to other teams and players.

There are players and teams in Warband that are incredible but for someone that dont play the game he wont understand how good that incredible player or team is wich is important. People need to get some feedback they can admire. For someone that have never played Warband there is nothing admirable to see even tho people that are veterans in the game can see it.

This thread is no longer about block delay it seems...

From what I've seen, spectating 'competitive' Warband (and also BL) would benefit a lot from replays/slowmo. But even so, it's not a very exciting spectator game. There is a lot of waiting, then all the action happens at the same time rather quickly. BL Skirmish is probably better than comp WB for this but not by much.

The thing that has always made Warband mp 'click' for people as spectators were the massive battles, like the Calradic Campaign, or NW Native events:

Some interesting one-day tournaments could be to have a large scale battle, then take the top 6 or 8 from each side for a competitive style battle afterwards. Would work great as a casual event and put skills in context for the sweaty match afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom