Give us a new Roadmap, or re-affirm the already existing Roadmap.

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it's justified to ask for an explanation why they add something nobody asks for instead of something that people have been asking for alot, when they are both the same thing (pretty things that don't affect gameplay).
Cheering is currently not intended to tie into any other feature. Banners may be. Cheering was handled by another team than banners likely will be.

I would also ask you to cut Callum some slack in regards to the way that he responded to the original inquiry. Priorities shift over time and across teams. If there is a window of opportunity to add content that we expect players will generally enjoy, we won't drop it because we made a general statement that we would do these kind of things later. From my perspective the fundamental idea of that statement is also still accurate. Cosmetic things are - overall - a lower priority.

There will always be a chance that some statements may not be universally applicable, but I feel it is still good and right to share them.

For the record, cheering was something people wanted. Cheering mods are popular, I assumed that's why it was added to the base game.

Banner mods are also simple, not intrusive, and easy to install.

Yeah but we don't live together yet lol.

And yeah I can see how you would compare the two, but the thing is we don't know how much effort it took to implement, and we can only speculate. Also if I say I am not going to eat an icecream because its a snack and has too many calories, and later i eat some chocolate because it had slightly less calories, I can tell you my girlfriend is not going to be happy haha

Well that's what I've been trying to say. As a programmer, I feel like I can do more than just speculate. I know how quickly I could write a program from scratch that could have the same function in very little time. In the game it would be even easier because they will already have listeners developed for every key on the board. A listener is a device in programming that looks for something else to happen and then enables a sequence of code when it does. Now, since the cheers already exist in the game. All they have to do is enter a small amount of code in the existing listener for the associated key, to execute the cheer that AI already did, but the player couldn't previously. It really is likely as simple as one line of code.

But hey man, you don't have to take my word for it if you don't want to. In the end, you and I may have different opinions, but we both want the same thing, for Bannerlord to be a great game. So, we can always find common ground there lol.

Cheering is currently not intended to tie into any other feature. Banners may be. Cheering was handled by another team than banners likely will be.

I would also ask you to cut Callum some slack in regards to the way that he responded to the original inquiry. Priorities shift over time and across teams. If there is a window of opportunity to add content that we expect players will generally enjoy, we won't drop it because we made a general statement that we would do these kind of things later. From my perspective the fundamental idea of that statement is also still accurate. Cosmetic things are - overall - a lower priority.

There will always be a chance that some statements may not be universally applicable, but I feel it is still good and right to share them.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply!
And I apologize if I've come across a bit gruff.

Well that's what I've been trying to say. As a programmer, I feel like I can do more than just speculate. I know how quickly I could write a program from scratch that could have the same function in very little time. In the game it would be even easier because they will already have listeners developed for every key on the board. A listener is a device in programming that looks for something else to happen and then enables a sequence of code when it does. Now, since the cheers already exist in the game. All they have to do is enter a small amount of code in the existing listener for the associated key, to execute the cheer that AI already did, but the player couldn't previously. It really is likely as simple as one line of code.

But hey man, you don't have to take my word for it if you don't want to. In the end, you and I may have different opinions, but we both want the same thing, for Bannerlord to be a great game. So, we can always find common ground there lol.
Yeah and for me, since I am not a programmer, I want to hear TW explain the decision making, which Duh was kind enough to do.
And yeah, we both want Bannerlord to be the best that it can be. I think that's true for almost everyone on the forum.

Thank you. Your insight is much appreciated. Perhaps you could offer at least a candid and concise response to OP? We've derailed this some and now we've gotten a response to that, but I would feel bad if we got one and OP was left hanging. Thanks again! Appreciate all your hard work!

No, Callum clearly stated that they were not working on banners because its cosmetics, looks pretty, and adds nothing to the gameplay. And then I called them out for adding cheering emotes which is exactly that.

I think it's justified to ask for an explanation why they add something nobody asks for instead of something that people have been asking for alot, when they are both the same thing (pretty things that don't affect gameplay).

I am not just calling out TW for no reason, and in general I support all they do.
You clearly said they are lying and you want an apology. Do I need to quote you?
By the way, you are not in charge of development, so they don't owe you an explanation.

You clearly said they are lying and you want an apology. Do I need to quote you?
By the way, you are not in charge of development, so they don't owe you an explanation.
Tried to get this through his head earlier, but no he is the master planner we've all been waiting for to develop bannerlord ?. Literally duh had to essentially come tell him to stop being such a prick (my words not duh's) about them completing work, how embarrassing.

roadmaps as ever revealed to the public are inevitably exercises in PR used by marketing departments to build hype or manage rage.

People demanding roadmaps have been too taken in by AAA marketing.

Tried to get this through his head earlier, but no he is the master planner we've all been waiting for to develop bannerlord ?. Literally duh had to essentially come tell him to stop being such a prick (my words not duh's) about them completing work, how embarrassing.

Nah that's really not it at all. The indisputable fact, no matter how some of you want to try and frame it, is communication from TW has been horrible for the majority of the EA, most of you have even conceded this from time to time. Not to mention, despite Blood Gryphon's contention, most of the Feedback and Suggestions have been ignored (at least we have little evidence of the contrary). I also think most of you forget that we (the community at large) had to demand the first roadmap, and if we didn't put up such a stink, it probably never would've been done. Now if they want to come out here and say otherwise; i'll call bull**** all day long.

As stated before, the OP has a point and so do many others, we bought an EA game with the promise of being engaged with the development. They said " By working alongside our community we were able to deliver a unique gaming experience that players still enjoy to this day. These past experiences have taught us that it is vital to bring players in to help us iron out any issues and refine the game by utilizing feedback to bring it to the level that both our community and we expect." - This is demonstrably not happening. We don't know what they are working on, or what they plan to do with the game, we are left in the dark, DESPITE their statement of working alongside the community.

And regarding what the dev said "Priorities shift over time and across teams" - great, now why can't you guys just put out something from time to time, to let the community know what your working on or planning? That's all people are asking for, and its really not unreasonable given WHAT YOU SAID in the EA statement, and the fact that we purchased an EA game with the expectation of being informed of how it will be developed.

Or better yet, maybe conduct some community polls to see what the community expects? I haven't seen one poll or questionnaire from TW about what the community is hoping for. Have you? And what does that tell you?

Well I wouldn't mind an updated, but general and non-committal roadmap. Just so I know what is in store for the future.

But EA for any company, not just TW, is gonna be kinda messy, so i expect that they can't stick to it by the letter as some would hope.

As much as I loved Warband with the 1k hours or so I put into it, I wasn't there for it proper development. So I as an individual would prefer to take a more hands-off approach to BL's continuing development, as hard as that may be.

The conclusion for myself is that maybe I don't want a proper roadmap, maybe more of a insight into their general scope.

Well I wouldn't mind an updated, but general and non-committal roadmap. Just so I know what is in store for the future.

But EA for any company, not just TW, is gonna be kinda messy, so i expect that they can't stick to it by the letter as some would hope.

As much as I loved Warband with the 1k hours or so I put into it, I wasn't there for it proper development. So I as an individual would prefer to take a more hands-off approach to BL's continuing development, as hard as that may be.

The conclusion for myself is that maybe I don't want a proper roadmap, maybe more of a insight into their general scope.

For sure, and I think as EA customers, at the bare minimum we should expect that, and its not remotely unreasonable.

For sure, and I think as EA customers, at the bare minimum we should expect that, and its not remotely unreasonable.

For sure!

I really do feel for game devs at times. You have examples like no mans sky where it seemed their engagement got them nowhere, and in the end it worked out better when they just stop talking and worked on the game.

TW isn't in that position atm, but I can see so far that it's a hard line for them to straddle. I would be quite happy to see an upcoming features post, but if they have already done something like that then I am sorry, I just didn't see it.

Are you aware if there are discussions regarding the requests for features from previous games or is it not something that’s on the table

Are you aware if there are discussions regarding the requests for features from previous games or is it not something that’s on the table
We are actively reading through the forums and other platforms and take the discussions that take place into account in our own considerations. We are also looking to improve some of the feedback processes that are in place. Having said that, I do not think that all warband features will find their way into bannerlord and those that may are likely not a high priority at this point in time.

Thank you. Your insight is much appreciated. Perhaps you could offer at least a candid and concise response to OP? We've derailed this some and now we've gotten a response to that, but I would feel bad if we got one and OP was left hanging. Thanks again! Appreciate all your hard work!
The latest roadmap update was part of the larger EA update blog. I had noted in the topic linked in the OP that I will have a go at updating the OP of the thread when time permits, but was pretty busy with work since then (and travelling back to germany). Having said that, I still intend to look into it.

Last edited:
We are actively reading through the forums and other platforms and take the discussions that take place into account in our own considerations. We are also looking to improve some of the feedback processes that are in place. Having said that, I do not think that all warband features will find their way into bannerlord and those that may are likely not a high priority at this point in time.

The latest roadmap update was part of the larger EA update blog. I had noted in the topic linked in the OP that I will have a go at updating the OP of the thread when time permits, but was pretty busy with work since then (and travelling back to germany). Having said that, I still intend to look into it.

Would you be able to confirm on which exact features from previous games we're less likely to be seeing in BL?

Some folks would take that to mean that whatever is not on the list is confirmed for Bannerlord, so I would rather not :lol:
Wait, I'll put the gif to illustrate the tone of the sentence. :lol:

tenor.gif

Some folks would take that to mean that whatever is not on the list is confirmed for Bannerlord, so I would rather not :lol:

I'm not trying to be rude, but so what? This just seems like a total non-answer, which leads me to believe you don't have an actual answer. Since when does how people react on the forum impact your decisions? That answer i'm assuming is never. This would be total comedy, except its indicative of the problem at hand.

Instead of dodging the reasonable question, since you sold us a game in EA and said you wanted to use our feedback to shape the game, how about you tell the community what you have planned for the future, including what features from original WB, from VC, and from MODs you are interested in implementing into BL, and why? Not sure why this is a heavy lift.

I'm not trying to be rude, but so what? This just seems like a total non-answer, which leads me to believe you don't have an actual answer. Since when does how people react on the forum impact your decisions? That answer i'm assuming is never. This would be total comedy, except its indicative of the problem at hand.

Instead of dodging the reasonable question, since you sold us a game in EA and said you wanted to use our feedback to shape the game, how about you tell the community what you have planned for the future, including what features from original WB, from VC, and from MODs you are interested in implementing into BL, and why? Not sure why this is a heavy lift.

Dude chill. You got ur answer. Move along.

Back
Top Bottom