Lords are still defecting for no reason at 1.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

With the 1.4.3, defection system was changed so that main reason for a clans defection is poverty. This has not been the case for my campaigns, lords with over 500k+ denar are still defecting left and right. It almost makes no sense, my kingdom is stronger, he is rich and we are at sieges on enemy fief yet my lords decides to defect. To give en example a southern empire lord and a sturgian lord defected to khuzait even tho they had gold. Their fiefs were the border to khuzait but the rest of the kingdom was at sieges and both of them defected.
Also i'm having 110% persuasion chances, maybe it is a litte overpowered eh?

Last edited:
With the 1.4.3, defection system was changed so that main reason for a clans defection is poverty. This has not been the case for my campaigns, lords with over 500k+ denar are still defecting left and right. It almost makes no sense, my kingdom is stronger, he is rich and we are at sieges on enemy fief yet my lords decides to defect. To give en example a southern empire lord and a sturgian lord defected to khuzait even tho they had gold. Their fiefs were the border to khuzait but the rest of the kingdom was at sieges and both of them defected.
Also i'm having 110% persuasion chances, maybe it is a litte overpovered eh?
Did your faction have other fiefs close to those lords fief at the khuzait border? They don't like to be far away from other faction fiefs.
Is the 110% because of charm skill? (dev may need to answer). If it is then that good because the charm skill previously did very little. If you invested to raise it then you should get some benefit IMO.

Did your faction have other fiefs close to those lords fief at the khuzait border? They don't like to be far away from other faction fiefs.
Is the 110% because of charm skill? (dev may need to answer). If it is then that good because the charm skill previously did very little. If you invested to raise it then you should get some benefit IMO.
Probably, my charm is above 150.
We had lands near defecting lords as well but they were at the most advanced position. One time a lord defected to battania even tho his castle was not even close to it, aserai took that castle from southern empire and that lord had gold as well (i was the one who brough him to aserai with 80k gold)

I also started to have 100% and 110% chances most of the time, but it seems to happen since I've taken "Having Going" perk from athletics.

I agree, the rate of defection is rather annoying, especially considering just how difficult they make it to actually get them to join you in the first place. The worst part is that the player has very little control over this. There isn't really much you can do to get them to stay. Personally, I'd think relation should be more important than their level of wealth/poverty, so long as they can include mechanics that make this easy to do.

I hated a lot of the end game in WB just because of how annoying they made it to try and keep your vassals. Basically,any time you got a fief, the vassal you give it to would be happy, and every single other one would lose relation. So the further you got the more and more your vassals hated you and there was nothing really that you could do about it. If you really played for a long time, you could see that most lords had horrible relations with every single king, and constantly jumped sides, because this would always just balloon out of control.

Right now the end game in Bannerlord is just as bad, if not worse. Having your own kingdom is the worst part of the game, but I really just don't want to follow some AI ruler's lead..

I did a 1000 day playthrough on 1.4.X beta, running my own kingdom and didn't have a single defection. I made sure to recruit lords with no lands from dying off kingdoms to make it cheap to persuade them(always below 100k). I also made sure to take a castle to give to them ASAP, normally with a plan already devised before attempting to recruit them. I never paid them and did not take advantage of the support button to gain relationship. Through time and battles (joining already started battles is a great way) my relationship moved to 100 with each clan. So it can be done.

My biggest gripe is being forced to go find lords to recruit them. I wish there was a messenger system to communicate between lords without having to find them physically (pain in the ass to chase them around even with the encyclopedia). I'd even be ok with needing to use a companion and choose troops like quests to send the message. Going myself, I was often giving up a fief or two to enemies while searching for the recruit, although this was helpful sometimes to rearrange castle to give them to the new lords without having to vote to take it from one of your lords.

I'm excited to test out 1.5 and see the impact to kingdom running.

I did a 1000 day playthrough on 1.4.X beta, running my own kingdom and didn't have a single defection. I made sure to recruit lords with no lands from dying off kingdoms to make it cheap to persuade them(always below 100k). I also made sure to take a castle to give to them ASAP, normally with a plan already devised before attempting to recruit them. I never paid them and did not take advantage of the support button to gain relationship. Through time and battles (joining already started battles is a great way) my relationship moved to 100 with each clan. So it can be done.

My biggest gripe is being forced to go find lords to recruit them. I wish there was a messenger system to communicate between lords without having to find them physically (pain in the ass to chase them around even with the encyclopedia). I'd even be ok with needing to use a companion and choose troops like quests to send the message. Going myself, I was often giving up a fief or two to enemies while searching for the recruit, although this was helpful sometimes to rearrange castle to give them to the new lords without having to vote to take it from one of your lords.

I'm excited to test out 1.5 and see the impact to kingdom running.
Khuzait lands seems to be a bit odd. Perhaps it is how to fiefs are located. Try to give a khuzait castle to a new lord, they will defect real quick. If i could only control how the fiefs are granted, i could give it to a lord with other fiefs so that they wouldn't run away.
Im looking forward for next beta as well, i hope they make changes for this matter.

Back
Top Bottom