Starting my first mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Jan Arie

Sergeant at Arms
Good day everyone, hope you're all having a great time!

After pondering for a while, I decided to make a full conversion mod.
While this may seem like an unforgiving and cumbersome task on my own, I feel very motivated by all the open-source scripts, modules, textures, etc, this community has made avaiable for all modders to freely use and implement in their works.

I humbly ask modders to kindly share their knowledge regarding the following things to help me getting started.

Is it possible to remove factions?
This because, despite the fact that this endevour is huge for a one-man mod team, I want to limit the amount of unnecisary assets in my mod. This also applies to items, objects, buildings, etc, that I basicly have no use for, for neither reskinning/modelling or otherwise.

Will you please help me?
As a token of thanks, if this mod is getting somewhere, I will freely make avaiable what I publish for all other ambitious modders out there, many thanks!

Nice to see that you got it started with modding and succesfully managed to set up the module system (reading your other post)
While it might be frustrating from time to time, I wish you fun at modding!

For starters at full overhaul mods I always recommend those two threads here:
It's an interesting read which might prepare you a bit better about the work before you with your modding project.

Is it possible to remove factions?
Yes, it is. Basically you make exactly the opposite as in adding a new faction as described here:
Start reading it until you think you understand how to add a faction. Then start at the bottom and reverse the guide.

For little questions like this, feel free to use the Modding Question & Answer board here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/modding-q-a.538/

Thank you so much for your reply and support!
I will certainly read these! (So far, it's been nothing but reading, wich I like :lol:)
After reading that first article, I now know for certain that I won't be assembling a team. (Though maybe a modeller/animator if I get really stuck).

Anyway, thank you very much!

After reading that first article, I now know for certain that I won't be assembling a team. (Though maybe a modeller/animator if I get really stuck).
It's not to discourage you from gathering a team, it's more that you are aware about the pros (more people working at the mod and thus faster progress) versus the cons (team coordination can be complicated, conflicts might appear).

Anyway, thank you very much!
Always welcome ^^

Back
Top Bottom