Varyag

Users who are viewing this thread

varyag.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Sturgia Varyag in this thread.

Clipping has been an issue for the entire Beta and I doubt it'll be fixed anytime soon. They have a lot more glaring issues to fix compared to some clipping issues.
dont feel like anything else is bad about the unit. Maybe less pokeing on the axe. But the rest is good. It has good movement speed, which makes it fun to play. The shield covers most of the body. Throwing axes are nice. The spear it got is nice. The armor is nice.

My favorite Sturgian class to play. I go improved Armor and Throwing axes and go "OOPS! All axes!". It's a nice defensive and offensive combo that I feel compliments my play style and kind of makes me feel like a Huscarl from warband.

My biggest concern is that taking the sword as a perk isnt worth it because it is actually slower than the axe. Situationally, there is no point in taking the sword really because the axe swings faster AND it gets the damage buff to shields. I think an easy fix would be to maybe put the swing speed on the sword to around 93 - 96

I think the price nerf was uncalled for. Vlandian sergeants and imperial legionaries are just as good as varyags if not better. Vlandian sergeant have a better shield that covers your feet and have the mace option , while legionaries have all those qualities of a sergeant and on top of that has access to pila which does so much damage

I think the price nerf was uncalled for. Vlandian sergeants and imperial legionaries are just as good as varyags if not better. Vlandian sergeant have a better shield that covers your feet and have the mace option , while legionaries have all those qualities of a sergeant and on top of that has access to pila which does so much damage
Legionaries are slow and sergeants have less armor. Furthermore it forces you to make decisions on how to spawn in, on max gold, either you pick 2 varyags or 1 varyag and 2 brigands/warriors/berserkers/hunters/raider dependant on your gold. Before you could just pick varyag varyag brigand.

Last edited:
Somebody else has problems with Varyag's shield in first person? In my opinion it often blocks to much of my view in a fight. Not while you block, but often it takes a lot of time until your char lowers it back to normal hold level in a fight. This makes it impossible for me to fight with this class in first person, because half of the time, you can't see whats going on. This is the only shield i experienced this.

This class should have access to mace instead of a light shield since the light shield actually exposes more of the character and is practically useless. The shield is weaker than the other counterpart.

This class should have access to mace instead of a light shield since the light shield actually exposes more of the character and is practically useless. The shield is weaker than the other counterpart.
Light shields purpose is, well, being light. It makes you move faster. And mobility as an infantry is quite important. Their axes are already quite good anti armor weapon, but a mace option could be nice against legionnaires

Really fun class to play as an infantry on skirmish,you can really challenge every other unit in the game with it.
Varyag's axe however does a lot of damage to all units (even if they have heavy armor) compared to other weapons.
Now i'm not saying i'm against that but if you compare it for example with the battanian axe there's no challenge.
The Battanian axe isn't as consistent with the damage, this makes the axe perk in general a bit ambiguous since it behaves very differently depending on the type. I am completely fine with how the varyag axe works but i think other axes should be able to compete with it because right now there's too much disparity.

Really fun class to play as an infantry on skirmish,you can really challenge every other unit in the game with it.
Varyag's axe however does a lot of damage to all units (even if they have heavy armor) compared to other weapons.
Now i'm not saying i'm against that but if you compare it for example with the battanian axe there's no challenge.
The Battanian axe isn't as consistent with the damage, this makes the axe perk in general a bit ambiguous since it behaves very differently depending on the type. I am completely fine with how the varyag axe works but i think other axes should be able to compete with it because right now there's too much disparity.

It's a problem with a lot of weapons in game, for example, the Vlandian mace versus Empire mace, or the Eastern Throwing Spear being the best melee spear with such high dmg compared to the other spears.

Back
Top Bottom