EU Skirmish Completed BEAST #2 Skirmish Tourney - Sign Up

Added to Calendar: 19/09/20

Users who are viewing this thread

Beast_Avatar_2.png

The first Bannerlord Early Acces Skirmish Tournament is coming to an end and rumours for a new format have been going around for a while now.
That's why we finally present to you BEAST# 2.

Following on from BEAST we plan to have a rather more friendly ladder where teams should play more against teams of a similar skill level. Many teams have already expressed interest but please officially sign up here.

Code:
[B]Team Name:
Team Tag:
Contact 1:[/B] (Taleworlds & Steam)
[B]Contact 2:[/B] (Taleworlds & Steam)
[B]Banner:
Roster:[/B]
[spoiler]Player Name -& Steam[/spoiler]
[B]Preferred Division:[/B] A, B, C

The most important info in short:
-The finalization of the rules is still in progress. They will be based on the original BEAST rules. Expect some appropiate modifcations.
- Beast #2 is going to be an ongoing ladder seperated by seasons.
- We are looking into loosen up the class restrictions. We decided to let the clans vote on class restrictions again.
- We are planning to start this tourney roughly when version 1.5 goes live. As with the original tournament don't expect a perfectly balanced tournament since the early acces may introduce drastical changes to the gameplay.

You will find the revisited rules in detail on the Taleworlds Tournament Group once it's up.

The general idea is, to you use the data we gathered from the original tournament to create a more fair and engaging groups. We want to make competetiv play more fun for new clans, while keeping it exciting to the already well established clans.

I hope to see all the clans from Beast and hopefully some new ones in this ladder.

Happy signing-up! :mrgreen:

Edit: please also add the division you want to play in. We will base the placement on your wish but also on our evaluation.

(Example if a team like RM, that did very well in Beast, wishes to play in Tier C we will ignore that and place them higher)

Edit: we changed the sign up formula and other info,slightly. Also, the new roster thread is up.

EDIT: Preview on the ladder format. Expect appropiate changes.

[/QUOTE]

We are going to base our format on the ladder from WNL8
§ 4 Ladder Stage Format

(1) As the name suggests, during the initial ladder stage all divisions will be put into a ladder. Teams will be awarded 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a loss.

(2) Teams are sorted firstly by total points, secondly by their Buchholz score, thirdly by round difference, and lastly by rounds won.

(3) The Buchholz score is a running tally of each team's previous opponents' points from match wins, draws and losses.

(4) Teams will be automatically matched to opponents based on the following criteria: Starting from the top of the table, teams on the same points will be selected, with the highest placed team matched against the lowest placed team, the second highest against the second lowest, and so on. Any remaining team is then matched with the team immediately below them that hasn't been matched yet. Then the fixture selection moves to the next set of points, until no team is left.

(5) Teams that have faced each other previously will not have a rematch, instead the next closest opponent will be selected.

Again it's not finalized but you should get the idea of what we are planning. Ignore point 5 specifially for now.

Edit: added a link to the class restriction vote. Also rosters may consist of up to 18 players now, which will be added to rules soon.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Maybe it'd be better to start the tournament after 1.5(or whatever the big MP patch is) lands. I know it's unpredictable for the timeframe because Taleworlds but 2 new Skirmish maps, mechanics and troop/item rebalance happening mid-tournament would make it a bit weird.

Probably going into beta next week, and then a few weeks until the live branch.

Maybe it'd be better to start the tournament after 1.5(or whatever the big MP patch is) lands. I know it's unpredictable for the timeframe because Taleworlds but 2 new Skirmish maps, mechanics and troop/item rebalance happening mid-tournament would make it a bit weird.

Afaik there will be servers in the Beta Branch.
Potentially we could use those if there are Skirmish servers. Also since the Clan-thing will be part of the Beta I hope the Devs kept competetiv play in the back of their heads.

TW update schedule is hard to predict though :grin:
I was hoping that the Beta would go live this week and that by the time the ladder starts 1.5. would be the live version.

We will not fall for this bait. High chance it will take 4-6 weeks until we have it on live...

I'm not trying to bait anyone. I merely said that the supposed changes are drastic, and the whole game meta changing mid-tournament(especially if any knockout stage is reached by then) is probably a worse scenario than waiting for the patch and clan adaptations.

I'm not trying to bait anyone. I merely said that the supposed changes are drastic, and the whole game meta changing mid-tournament(especially if any knockout stage is reached by then) is probably a worse scenario than waiting for the patch and clan adaptations.
It would be so frustrating for all clans who want to fight to see the patch being delayed over and over again. The duel scene completely came to stop 2 months ago since we thought the changes come soon. Was a big mistake...

Honestly I agree that waiting for the big patch would be the best option since seeing all these drastic changes mid-tournament would be a bit awkward.

OD will sign-up soon

It is never going to be a good time to run a tourney in early access. Players have to expect changes mid tourney and accept that in many other ways the tournament process is hampered.

Once you accept that mindset - the EA tournaments are for fun and to keep teams in some slight structured competitive play ready for when real tournaments can begin.

It also helps the EA process if we have practical experience of what is better (or worse) for tournaments as changes are made to the game.

All teams will be playing under the same conditions. The only real issue will be if a patch comes out when some teams have played a match for that week and some have not. I think it can work OK if we have a strict no extensions policy and make it a rule that if a major patch comes out while some teams are yet to play then teams already played for that week have to rematch (unless both teams agree not to).

The point of the ladder is for teams to play against teams of a similar skill level and ofc that will change over time and as patches are made to the game but the laddder should cope with that.

Afaik there will be servers in the Beta Branch.
Potentially we could use those if there are Skirmish servers. Also since the Clan-thing will be part of the Beta I hope the Devs kept competetiv play in the back of their heads.

TW update schedule is hard to predict though :grin:
I was hoping that the Beta would go live this week and that by the time the ladder starts 1.5. would be the live version.

There will be skirmish servers on Beta branch and clan matches will be available.
Also as AVRC said in another thread, patch is ready, we are just waiting for some crashes on 1.4.3 to be fixed. Probably not this week though since patch on Friday is not preferred.

It is never going to be the perfect time but such massive changes are quite the thing :grin:

Its not like we are getting these massive updates on a weekly timeframe as you all know

Besides, if you want to make it more fun, then you should definitely wait for the patch ^^

Well, now we know that we will be able to play Skirmish. So using the Beta will be an option.
Let's see how long sign-up is going to take, first.
Everyone would have to download 8GB for every match again. Keep that in mind. I would just go with the live version. If the big change arrives one day we can maybe do one week pause so everyone can adapt.

Everyone would have to download 8GB for every match again. Keep that in mind. I would just go with the live version. If the big change arrives one day we can maybe do one week pause so everyone can adapt.

There is no point discussing this here.
There we will be a suggestion thread for these discussions :wink:
EDIT 2: We will recycle the existing BEAST Group.
Watch out for new topics coming soon.

Edit: please also declare the Division you want to play in. A/B/C (Top/Amateut/Casual)

The seeding will be based on your wish but also based on the adminstrations evaluation of the teams capability.

Last edited:
The Black Team will gladly take part without waiting for a new patch. (I will register a little later).

The ladder format is slightly different from the one-off tournament format. As far as I understand, is planned something similar to ENL Warband.

Suggestion: Increase the roster for teams. 12 people are not enough.

Questions: can clans, like in BEAST 1, exhibit several teams?
How will the ability to put two teams from one clan interact with the clan-multiplayer system in the promised patch 1.5?

Why I keep coming back to the roster question:

The Black Team is a large but casual clan. Our people play very irregularly, taking big breaks in Bannerlord. It's hard for me to maintain a constant roster of 12 people who have entered the tournament. And at the same time, I have a lot of free players who are not registered in the tournament and want to participate in it. At the same time, I cannot guarantee that they will not abandon the Bannerlord in two months. (The black team has a roster of 350-600 people in MMORPG games. From time to time they have a desire to play Bannerlord. (Which many quickly disappear). Being loyal to the clan and the tag, they join my team. Being PvP oriented players in other games , they immediately demand from me to participate in tournaments, but their desire to play Bannerlord is not enough for long.

For comparison: in Warband, our ENL roster number 80+ people. At the same time, I did not have enough people every week, due to the constant change of the players.

Back
Top Bottom