? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

[1.4.3] There is a pretty bad bug with being a member of an army, where victory somehow results in you being captured. I believe they are working on this from the posts in technical support section. Once I got to the point of joining armies, first I had a crash on siege. I successfully reported this and sent logs via the built in crash reporter. Then after reloading, 10 minutes later we had a victory where we only lost a few members, but somehow I was captured as mentioned above XD. It appears that 1.4.3 becomes a bit unstable when in an army. The issues are easily replicated if you stay in an army through a few confrontations.

[1.43 Beta branch] . Village nobles power/influence level is reset to 100 (i.e. 263---> 100) after a raid (could be random idk?) so noble troops become even more rare.... This is game breaking as I only do quests for those powerful village quest givers...

Last edited:
[1.4.3]
Bug from 1.4.3 afaik

Lords/ladies sometimes never return to the campaign map after being taken prisoner. This happens most noticeably with family members (brother/sister + wife/husband), but I've also seen it with faction/clan leaders. They end up sitting in a castle/town without a party (as if they are a governor). According to the encyclopedia, they also change the town/city but it is always one their clan owns. They are also absent from the army menu. For family members, they disappear from the available pool of party leaders when creating a new party. These family members can still be taken into the player's party and the problem is sometimes solved by allowing your party to be defeated while they are a party member. This only works if they are not captured afterward. If they are defeated in battle again while leading a party, they usually disappear again. Disbanding their party does not seem to cause the effect. 'Missing' family members can be made governors (they also become governor of any town [that you own] which they spawn in), but only from the 'manage town' window while in the desired town. Assigning them from the clan window does not work because they are not listed there- similar to the aforementioned 'create new party' absence. There is also some weirdness with the reporting of their location. Mine said my family members were in Chaikand or the last place they visited was Chaikand, despite my holding all being Vlandian (My culture was khuzait, I suspect that is why it chose Chaikand) This does not occur with companion-led parties- they spawn back without issue.

Included is an image showing Rhagaea missing from the army window.

Last edited:
[1.43 Beta branch] . Village nobles power/influence level is reset to 100 (i.e. 263---> 100) after a raid (could be random idk?) so noble troops become even more rare.... This is game breaking as I only do quests for those powerful village quest givers...

I started a Khuzait and have high rep with numerous villages from quests and I was about to post that the Khuzait Noble line appears to be missing, this potentially explains the issue I guess but I am still not sure. Normally, the moment you start the game you CAN find the odd village with a noble line, but on my playthrough they do not even exist on any of the village screen. Definitely something wrong. Playing 100% vanilla.

Last edited:
[1.4.3]
Bug from 1.4.3 afaik
Thank you for that!

Lords/ladies sometimes never return to the campaign map after being taken prisoner. This happens most noticeably with family members (brother/sister + wife/husband), but I've also seen it with faction/clan leaders.
I started a Khuzait and have high rep with numerous villages from quests and I was about to post that the Khuzait Noble line appears to be missing, this potentially explains the issue I guess but I am still not sure.
These two issues could be problematic, anyone else experiencing these?

Clearly not for saved games I am afraid, and the hotfix patch notes don't refer to the issue, unless you could highlight it for me?
It is fixed in saved games, but you have to wait out their return to normal. So in a sense no it does not automatically take them to where they should be but the issue is no longer present even in previous saves. The notables will gain their power/influence back with time and you will start to see the noble line again. Trust me i played all yesterday on my previous save that had not a single noble unit in it for any faction. Now after several hours playing I am seeing noble units appear (unsure how much ingame time has elapsed sorry). Also family members who were previously bugged and unable to be party leaders can now be made party leaders.

As it goes with any update, the best results come from starting new of course.

It is fixed in saved games, but you have to wait out their return to normal. So in a sense no it does not automatically take them to where they should be but the issue is no longer present even in previous saves. The notables will gain their power/influence back with time and you will start to see the noble line again. Trust me i played all yesterday on my previous save that had not a single noble unit in it for any faction. Now after several hours playing I am seeing noble units appear (unsure how much ingame time has elapsed sorry). Also family members who were previously bugged and unable to be party leaders can now be made party leaders.

As it goes with any update, the best results come from starting new of course.

Oh I see, I shall give it a try later, thankyou!

BUG from 1.4.3
Brother started with 25 years old cannot upgrade, the exp is 366320/224972(require -141348 to upgrade), don't know if it's intended as another normal companion could properly upgrade at this level.

EDIT:
Found the way to fix myself, just level up a skill the character will be able to properly upgrade, might be a little issue bond to the new exp system.

Last edited:
Having a crash since the 11/08/20 1.4.3 hotfix every time I try and enter a fief owned by the player. As soon as I reach the fief the game just crashes without any detailed error.

Running 0 mods with all files verified.

I had the same issue with the crash entering your conquered castle. Such horrible timing I had to win a second battle too when they all came down on me. Just when I was feeling hot after winning all that... lol, crash.

The hotfix just dropped. I'll test later to see if there are any further issues. I'm glad this one came quick. Thanks to TW.

I had the same issue with the crash entering your conquered castle. Such horrible timing I had to win a second battle too when they all came down on me. Just when I was feeling hot after winning all that... lol, crash.

The hotfix just dropped. I'll test later to see if there are any further issues. I'm glad this one came quick. Thanks to TW.
It seems to have been fixed by the hotfix, let me know if it works for you too!

Is anyone else getting this popup error ?

Error compiling shader file:
"$Base/Shaders/Source/particle_shading.rs" (PIXEL_SHADER)
with input layout: 9
particle_shading.rsh(673,43-46): error X3004: undeclared identifier '_TBN'
[retry] [cancel]

The popup appears after the introvideo just before the main game menu is displayed.

Is anyone else getting this popup error ?

Error compiling shader file:
"$Base/Shaders/Source/particle_shading.rs" (PIXEL_SHADER)
with input layout: 9
particle_shading.rsh(673,43-46): error X3004: undeclared identifier '_TBN'
[retry] [cancel]

The popup appears after the introvideo just before the main game menu is displayed.
yes, also latest "hotfix" broke the game completly for me. can no longer be started.

Back
Top Bottom