Beta Patch Notes e1.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there a way to specify which horses will be used for a unit upgrade? Currently the choice is rather random and does ignore the pin setting in the inventory.

Hah, alright thanks for clarifying. I will add it to the list, though, it seems a bit less pressing than other issues that were reported.

Don’t worry, I don’t see as an urgency either.
The most important atm is fixing quickly the crash that happens when entering your own castle.
My character would like to pay a visit to his wife from time to time :lol:

Hah, alright thanks for clarifying. I will add it to the list, though, it seems a bit less pressing than other issues that were reported.
Though I do agree that there are more pressing matters, being able to get my siblings (and children) married is the only thing holding me back from a long term game at this moment. I just don't want them to eventually die without having offspring.

While at it, it would be really nice if a command was added to the Developer Console to have two lords (a lord and a lady) married until the feature (the dialogues etc) is fully implemented. If a modder sees this and decides to implement it, please send me a DM.

If you create a party with your brother in command the wages of that party is HUGE. I tried creating a party with ONLY my brother in and it cost 2000 dinars

I am not fan of this system but wage of a party is (5000 - leader money) if leader money is below 5000 you make it 5000 at the end of day. So if you create a party with a character with 3000 deanrs at first day you should give its party 2000.

Thats why sometimes they get huge wages because they buy food at some days and pay lots. So at these days you pay 1000-2000 wages for companion parties. Currently they sometimes buy expensive foods they should prefer 80% grain - fish if they are avaliable I will check this also.

game crashes if you enter your own castle

Fixed. Will be hotfix today.

if you join an army which is currently assaulting a city/castle the option “lead the assault” doesn’t work. I mean, you press the button but nothing happens. You can only “send troops”.

I will check this.

Last edited:
Do you prefer that kind of balancings not to be mentioned in patch notes or you prefer receiving all change information?
I often say PR is a job like that of the 300 of Sparta. The more passionate the players are about the game, the more some people will behave aggressively, sometimes violently. I'm certain everybody wants to see all the changes, regardless of their "size" or "impact" in the game. It's just that the adding of new features has been slow, or at least slower than it used to be right after the EA was released. I reported an issue about brand new armor looking rusty when worn quite a while ago (quite easy to see with lamellar gauntlets for example, but happens with many, if not all, pieces of armor) and I always go check if it was fixed with every new patch. It never got fixed, though. That said, please don't allow our passive aggression to get to you. Bannerlord's potential remains and I'm sure everbody is eager to see it shine brightly.

I am not fan of this system but wage of a party is (5000 - leader money) if leader money is below 5000 you make it 5000 at the end of day. So if you create a party with a character with 3000 deanrs at first day you should give its party 2000.

Thats why sometimes they get huge wages because they buy food at some days and pay lots. So at these days you pay 1000-2000 wages for companion parties. Currently they sometimes buy expensive foods they should prefer 80% grain - fish if they are avaliable I will check this also.

Thanks for the explanation, I didn’t know anything about wages calculation so I assumed it was a bug considering that the “brother NPC” was basically added in this very beta version.

So let me get this down: at first I have to pay 2000 cause he doesn’t have money but after that the wage will normalize as he loots things, takes prisoners etc?

Thanks for the explanation, I didn’t know anything about wages calculation so I assumed it was a bug considering that the “brother NPC” was basically added in this very beta version.

So let me get this down: at first I have to pay 2000 cause he doesn’t have money but after that the wage will normalize as he loots things, takes prisoners etc?

At first day you will pay him to make his money 5000. At next days (and 90% days) when he pays wage of his troops he will be something like 4700 then you will pay 300 to him to make him again 5000. If he make any raid or sell loots his money will be 6000-7000 so even he pay wage of his troops his money will be > 5000 so you will not pay at these days. If his money > 10000 somehow you will get (his money - 10000) insterad of paying him. Some days he will buy lots of food thats why his money will be 3000-4000 again and you will pay huge at these days.

I know this system is complex. I prefer something different but currently this is how it works.

I forgot to mention some “improvements” I would love to see but I don’t know if this is intentional for the devs.
  • Will be possible to manage castles and towns without staying there? I mean choosing which upgrades to build. Ofc if you want to change the garrison you have to be there but giving them orders about what to build should be something you can manage without staying there every time. Like, you can change the production or sell your workshops without being in the city they are placed so why can’t do the same thing for castles and towns?
  • Is it possible or will be possible to change some “behavior” parameters of companions party and in general improve their management? Like avoiding or allowing them to give troops to settlements (which is damn annoying), manage the prisoners they take in battle, enabling (or not) the possibility of them recruiting when entering settlements etc? Telling them not to engage enemy parties, waiting in a certain point etc etc

At first day you will pay him to make his money 5000. At next days (and 90% days) when he pays wage of his troops he will be something like 4700 then you will pay 300 to him to make him again 5000. If he make any raid or sell loots his money will be 6000-7000 so even he pay wage of his troops his money will be > 5000 so you will not pay at these days. If his money > 10000 somehow you will get (his money - 10000) insterad of paying him. Some days he will buy lots of food thats why his money will be 3000-4000 again and you will pay huge at these days.

I know this system is complex. I prefer something different but currently this is how it works.
I'm always in favor of as much realistic economics and logistics simulation as possible and the way it works currently does seem realistic (from what you've explained). I'd much rather have a system that is affected by everything in the economy (like food prices going up/down) than a simplified system.

Last edited:

that clarifies a LOT of things I saw in the “money management” of party wages that I really didn’t understand like why sometimes I have “income from parties” instead of wages to pay etc etc

thanks a lot!

• if you join an army which is currently assaulting a city/castle the option “lead the assault” doesn’t work. I mean, you press the button but nothing happens. You can only “send troops”.

We have not been able to reproduce this particular issue (we tested joining during preparation & assault phases of the army). For joining the army during its preparation of the assault, you are not able to initiate the assault nor the sending of troops since you are not the army leader. For "helping" during the assault, the ("attack" in this case) button worked for us.

Are you sure you had sufficient health to partake in the battle? Could you share a savegame with us prior to this happening for you?

I'm always in favor of as much realistic economics and logistics simulation as possible and the way it works currently does seem realistic (from what you've explained). I'd much rather have a system that is affected by everything in the economy (like food prices going up/down) than a simplified system.

I also prefer player should effected badly from going up food prices because his companion parties also pay much to food, or player should get income if his clan parties make successfull raids, these are must of course. However current wage system is hard to be understood by player. Somedays you pay huge wages to your parties somedays you pay less somedays you receive money. These things should be explained better. Its so complex and differ much day to day currently. I prefer having extra lines in finance summary maybe for helping your companion party to make its money 5000 again and extra line for stable wages. It will be easier to understand but more lines.

We have not been able to reproduce this particular issue (we tested joining during preparation & assault phases of the army). For joining the army during its preparation of the assault, you are not able to initiate the assault nor the sending of troops since you are not the army leader. For "helping" during the assault, the ("attack" in this case) button worked for us.

Are you sure you had sufficient health to partake in the battle? Could you share a savegame with us prior to this happening for you?

It is fixed now.

Last edited:
I also prefer player should effected badly from going up food prices because his companion parties also pay much to food, or player should get income if his clan parties make successfull raids, these are must of course. However current wage system is hard to be understood by player. Somedays you pay huge wages to your parties somedays you pay less somedays you receive money. These things should be explained better. Its so complex and differ much day to day currently.
To be honest, if I could mod, among the first "big" things I'd mod would be a complete redo of the troop logistics system where, for example, horses would have to be fed. That could bring more balance to cavalry heavy kingdoms. I'd also love the possibility to equip my soldiers individually. Some of them could own their own gear and some could just borrow whatever I give to them. I'd have no problem throwing lamellar on my new recruits if I could afford it. I also wish all troop (and lord) equipment was lootable after a battle, even if completely destroyed. They could be used as parts for repairing (another necessary feature in my opinion) less damaged equipment back into usability.

Last edited:
To be honest, if I could mod, among the first "big" things I'd mod would be a complete redo of the troop logistics system where, for example, horses would have to be fed. That could bring more balance to cavalry heavy kingdoms. I'd also love the possibility to equip my soldiers individually. Some of them could own their own gear and some could just borrow whatever I give to them. I'd have no problem throwing lamellar on my new recruits if I could afford it. I also wish all troop (and lord) equipment was lootable after a battle, even if completely destroyed. They could be used as parts for repairing (another necessary feature in my opinion) less damaged equipment back into usability.
There was a system like this in With Fire and Sword where you could equip mercenaries with the gear you bought for them without regard for their rank. It was very nice because it gave you a way to design your own prefered troops but i think it is too much to ask at the moment(atleast until they introduce merc training camps or another way to create your own forces) because it could screw balance when you could change every peasant into a elite unit basicls(atleast with elite equipement) When i had to guess i would say this is something eighter for mods or a future DLC/new game version like in warband vs MB1.

Back
Top Bottom