Resolved Armies and Lords taking all consumables from towns

Users who are viewing this thread

Flesson19

Not a Cookie
Knight
I noticed today after the hotfix 11/08 that when an army or a small group of lords enter a town that all or nearly all consumable are taken. Before the hotfix an army could go into a town and there were still many items for sale, I don't know if this is a result of some armies starving so they are taking more, but the problem is that they are taking virtually everything and that is starting to cause the prices to raise up globally faster than the intended inflation rate stated by mexxico of 50% per 10-15 years.
I sat in a town after it was all taken and 2 weeks while they still hadn't recovered from the last army another came through and they wiped them out again. I can tell it is problem where Lords and armies are taking everything and that appears to be the issue, It makes a trader playable game very broken.
I am playing 1.4.3 beta branch fully updated to 11/08 hotfix

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting.
I also noticed that armies are starving very quickly only being out for maybe 3-5 days, so not sure if that could be the issue they are using so much food they are taking more than normal, just wanted to give an update to what I found so they might fix it quicker

Seems strange how they're buying all the supplies and still regularly starving - maybe we need a more balanced spread of food producing villages or areas of production (could a village not produce Cows and Butter or Sheep and Horses?). Villages also get raided so often that it doesn't seem they ever benefit from these huge sales they consistently make. I've been experiencing similar, on the same version regarding the starvation element - I feel that Lords should be required to at least have provisions for the return journey they are planning and a little extra - not rely on supplying en route by raiding but building up "Campaign Provisions" before setting out for war. If they had to roam around their own lands buying supplies for the campaign - with that being a priority over chasing bandits even, then maybe the villages would be able to get their produce to market easier too (direct routes more often having friendly troops on them). It's become so prevalent that I don't really train an army any more - just wait to stumble across some massive starving army with hundreds of prisoners of their own.. Once (really before but..) it is clear they're just dying off and far from home, they should break up and run for the hills, not stay together and be scooped up en masse. Perhaps Parties within a starving Army should leave that Army when their own provisions will only last for the next day. Feeding their army just needs to be a higher priority for the AI. Preparing for war, not just always rushing into war - consolidating a force.. Out of curiosity, as we're on the same version - do any of the Sturgian towns in your games reach prosperity without you alone supplying the markets for them?

@Leanbud I am a trader so constantly hitting all towns, I put a video up on Youtube where I show how to easily win, I let a 1,000 man army start a siege and finish it, then are starving during the siege. As they walk away they go to 0 and i attack, bam 5 or 6 lords and 800 prisoners, I know there is some problem but @mexxico is working on things and we night not see adjustments till 1.5 so giving him some space to work on that. I will test again when 1.5 hits. BUT in my current play through, in just 200 days which is which is 5 years fish has gone from around 11 or 12 average price to 16 thats about a 25% increase when mexicco stated inflation should be at 50% per 10-15 years. But after all the bother I did to him this week, I gotta give him a break, heck it's early access we got time to fix it

Entirely with you. This is at the fine tuning stage, it isn't game breaking and we have nearly a year to go. Easy to forget that we are in early access when so much "appears" to flow smoothly. A Fallout GOTY edition is more buggy, has more conflicts and crashes more often than this does. I've had 4 in over 500hrs. For me, coming across from Warband (native, Console scrub), Bannerlord seems an awful lot easier to both start and progress through. I can grab an Aserai Skirmisher in the character build and have over 10k worth of weaponry to start, sell it and kit out or have the capital to start trading and have a caravan or workshop within a few days of entering the game. I've read a lot of people complaining about grinds and we had the whole XP change but I struggle to think that these people have much experience of the game historically. Great to make the game more inclusive/easier for new players but the investment required to achieve anything is what made so many of us keep coming back. Rapidly progressing to domination is what a million games do, we don't need Bannerlord to do that, that's not what made it so special and looking good doesn't matter if you play the same as everything else. A lot of the suggestions (including my own) end up making it just 'more of the same, as the rest' and not the game that these wonderful bastids over there knocked out for us. It's the being refused a dozen fiefs before getting the burnt out hulk of a town or spending a year finding a wife and another 2 making Daddy happy, only for her to die in a siege because reasons.
(Opinion, not intended as a statement of fact regarding how or why other people play the game).

I have been informed that this is a design choice and not a bug. Thanks for reporting!
*Gut punch* lol I feel we're going be seeing more of this as it closes in on full release :smile:
Did the Devs have in mind that I would fallow Mesui around the map buying all the food before her until her army starves out and gets caught by looters, who I beat down and pick through several hundred free troops to dump into companion parties?

Devs,thank you for this wonderful feature.

*Gut punch* lol I feel we're going be seeing more of this as it closes in on full release :smile:
Did the Devs have in mind that I would fallow Mesui around the map buying all the food before her until her army starves out and gets caught by looters, who I beat down and pick through several hundred free troops to dump into companion parties?

Devs,thank you for this wonderful feature.
I didn't say anything when i read it this morning, as common sense is out the window as you can see

Back
Top Bottom